Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

When Believers Turn Ignorant Of The Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Believers Turn Ignorant Of The Truth (113 Views)

Atheists Are Ignorant Of The Facts That Proves God's Existence / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Believers Turn Ignorant Of The Truth by MistadeRegal(m): 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
This is one of the Bible prophecies we've seen come to fulfillment right during our days when it comes to kinds of believers we shall see when the time of the end is getting closer.

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."
2 Timothy:4:1-4.

Now can we see this already coming to pass nowadays?

Today, some Christians attack the gospel of repentance and rebuke more than unbelievers but loves prosperity sermons and screaming of Amen to prayers that remain unanswered.
If the Bible charges all to preach the Word, are you then to spare or ignore anyone missing it or everyone saying it's their life, leave them alone?

They believe they have a portion of the Bible to back up their claims which they use ignorantly.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
Matthew:7:1-2

The LORD JESUS CHRIST says don't do this, do this instead, the preacher quotes and repeats same thing and you start screaming he's judging!
Who is judging? But have you also come across the following verse or you just skipped it at will?

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Those preaching are not judging, they are repeating GOD'S commandments to your ears. If you ignore what they say because it hits you bad, then you have as well ignored GOD'S warning.

Remember, when the rich man requested that Lazarus be sent to go and warn his people, what was the reply he got? Here it is:

"Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke:16:27-31

Therefore, I'll advise, if you will not believe when you are preached to, or even you come across a post passing the gospel of repentance and or rebuke, don't believe, no one is forcing you to believe. For the gospel is to testify to you, for you and against you. The choice you pick is yours but don't attack because if you do, unless if the word preached is heresy, then you're already judging yourself.

Here is what our LORD JESUS CHRIST said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Matthew:28:19-20

He said, "Go ye therefore and teach all nations..." not "go ye therefore and leave them or ignore do whatever they like."

In your zeal for contention, do not find yourself opposing GOD.

Peace.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lot’s Wife II – Pastor Adeboye / Remember Lot's Wife 1 / Listen To This Deliverance Ministrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.