Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today (8519 Views)

Ekiti Workers Recieved Salary After10 Months / Hold Fayemi Responsible For Your Salary Arrears – Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers / Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Yada01(m): 6:35am On Aug 03, 2020
In a country like ours, our leaders don't understand the language 'strike'
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Yus2020: 6:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Una never see anything yet hunger never start you people voted for APC the evil party.
They used money salary and pension for vote buying
were is Osinbanjo the trader money Vice President Edo people is waiting for him to come share trader money for vote buying

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 6:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Livefreeordieha:
and not even throat or stomach infrastructure to asuede their plight!? Bring back our oshoko
kindly check the years they are asking for 2015 -2019.

get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Sammy07: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2020
majamajic:
This is very shameful ,
Yet u see them on every Abia thread staggering !

And vice versa
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by majamajic(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2020
Sammy07:

And vice versa

No ,not about governance
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Sammy07: 6:46am On Aug 03, 2020
majamajic:

No ,not about governance

Lol, like say you guys ain't on Yoruba threads.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by truthstands01: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2020
They should enjoy their strike. We are not interested. They choose Fayemi and they should not disturb anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Fragility6: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2020
oluemmakay:
They should take it easy on him please. Most of this money was owed by Fayose. Nevertheless, Mr. Governor should pay up. The people needs money...
Very stupid statement. How many years has Fayemi bin in position dat Fayose is still blamed for his incompetence. Same way buhari foolishly decieve ur type of pple with drab thinking that he met no money when he entered power. Some of una 4 thus forum go dey reason like fools

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by akee01(m): 7:07am On Aug 03, 2020
[quote author=oluemmakay post=92399324]They should take it easy on him please. Most of this money was owed by Fayose. Nevertheless, Mr. Governor should pay up. The people needs money...[/quote

Fayose or ekiti state government?
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Ingredient88(m): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Really? But them say baba Don fulfil all the promises wey he make. Say nothing remain Wey he never do. Maybe he no add pension join him promise.

Ask them how the pension money be them go start to faint. Awon Faint ia Baloguns
So na baba own dem abi I don't know how you guys they think, future leader oooo. Pity Nigeria!
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Abalado(f): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2020
The most useless governor in Nigeria is fayemi,,, selfish and greedy

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by mankan2k7(m): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2020
A governor that can't keep to his promise......

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by majamajic(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, like say you guys ain't on Yoruba threads.

Not on governance
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by entrep88: 8:01am On Aug 03, 2020
Ondo people can get a clue from Ekiti, dont allow any governor do second term. It has serious consequence.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:02am On Aug 03, 2020
Yus2020:
Una never see anything yet hunger never start you people voted for APC the evil party.
They used money salary and pension for vote buying
were is Osinbanjo the trader money Vice President Edo people is waiting for him to come share trader money for vote buying
you see how you go about manifesting your stupidity.Mind no worker in ekiti state is being owed salary under the tenure of the present state government.The present Government has been going out of it's ways to ensure that they get paid despite the shortage of allocation being received form Abuja.
What is being owed is 2015-2018 and that's salary. What they are asking for in 2019 are allowances.which would be difficult to meet based on the fact that they should concentrate on clearing the salaries owed by the previous administration. They are asking for promotional allowances.
The labour leaders and staff in ekiti knows Fayemi has been faithful in payment of salaries.however it's also their right to ask for what's is due.ekiti collects around 3bn monthly and that is only when there is good crude sales.they have a work force that I believe is more than it needs.the work force is over bloated.bulk of the resources coming into the states goes into servicing civil servants that make up less than 5% of the entire state.
I can tell you 95% of what they are asking was being held by fayose. The salaries they are asking for was by osoko most of the promotional allowances by osoko .people were promoted without plan for salary increment some are on level14 but still on level12 salary..The monthly payments of salary usually leaves government with little or nothing for developmental work despite all this the Governor is still trying
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by SavageResponse(m): 8:05am On Aug 03, 2020
Incidences of strikes are becoming too frequesnt in this country! angry
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2020
For Nigeria to move forward .we need to emphasize lean government .less civil servant and more capital project's
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
you see how you go about manifesting your stupidity.Mind no worker in ekiti state is being owed salary under the tenure of the present state government.The present Government has been going out of it's ways to ensure that they get paid despite the shortage of allocation being received form Abuja.
What is being owed is 2015-2018

You need to verify information before you make your opinion.

For your information Fayemi has been paying half Salary since December, 2019.
You should ask my why.
He has been paying NET SALARY to Civil servants while WITHOLDING THE LARGER PART of Civil Servant's salary. Most civil Servants are either into Cooperative and some have taken Bank loans which are been deducted from their salary every month.
Failure to make monthly repayments on these loans has resulted in bank charges and Cooperative unions are not giving money out to its members to finance individuals projects.

Mind you, Fayemi did promotion arrear of 2018 and 2019 to Ekiti workers since January but he is yet to give the FINANCIAL benefits to workers.

During the electioneering campaign he promised to pay 5 months salary arrears owed Ekiti State workers but he is yet to fulfill that promise.

During his first term in Office, he left 3 months salary Deductions left unpaid. He used the money for his failed 2 term re election in 2014.

He has come this time again to use Civil Servants Salary deduction for his Presidential Election plan.

95% of civil servants are into one or two cooperative unions and about 60-70 percent of their salary are been put into cooperative unions. They are saving these money to either build house, buy car and do other important things. Instead of using it to buy cloth or partying around.

Fayemi is a big disappointment to be honest with you.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

You should ask my why.
He has been paying NET SALARY to Civil servants while WITHOLDING THE LARGER PART of Civil Servant's salary. Most civil Servants are either into Cooperative and some have taken Bank loans which are been deducted from their salary every month.
Failure to make monthly repayments on these loans has resulted in bank charges and Cooperative unions are not giving money out to its members to finance individuals projects.

Mind you, Fayemi did promotion arrear of 2018 and 2019 to Ekiti workers since January but he is yet to give the FINANCIAL benefits to workers.

During the electioneering campaign he promised to pay 5 months salary arrears owed Ekiti State workers but he is yet to fulfill that promise.

During his first term in Office, he left 3 months salary Deductions left unpaid. He used the money for his failed 2 term re election in 2014.

He has come this time again to use Civil Servants Salary deduction for his Presidential Election plan.

95% of civil servants are into one or two cooperative unions and about 60-70 percent of their salary are been put into cooperative unions. They are saving these money to either build house, buy car and do other important things. Instead of using it to buy cloth or partying around.

why lie. No body earns half salary in ekiti.so stop spreading lies
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

You should ask my why.

civil servants and cooperative are like 5 and 6.
Since he came has the allocation to the state improved?
Has he paid out of the salaries being owed?
You lie f claiming half salary being paid means he his paying half of what was paid as salary during osoko era?
Guy I can stand to say you are a confirm liar.
Yes promotional exams were conducted last not 2018. That of 2018 was by the outgoing without plans for payment.we all knew why.
That stretch into late 2019 with even employment exercise. All this can not be sustained by any government with this Corona Economy.
Please be factual.even states with better allocation finding it difficult paying salaries.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 8:45am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
why lie. No body earns half salary in ekiti.so stop spreading lies

Telling lie?

Seems you didn't understand my point. Please, try to read in between the line of my earlier comment.

I said MOST CIVIL SERVANT IN EKITI STATE ARE IN COOPERATIVE UNIONS and that SOME of them HAVE TAKEN BANK LOANS. these loans and cooperative moneys are been DEDUCTED FROM source from THEIR SALARY, before they get paid at all. Yet, Fayemi has not been RELEASING/PAYING these MONTHLY SALARY DEDUCTIONS to various Cooperative unions or Banks.

Let say Mr A is collecting #50,000 as monthly salary from Fayemi's Government,
and Mr A is either Contributing #25,000 to a Cooperative Union or Bank every month.

#25,000(50%) will be Mr A's Net pay Every month while #25,000 is being deducted every month from his salary that is to be remitted to either Cooperative Union or Bank every month.
But the state Government has been deducting his money but has refused to release it to the appropriate quarter since December, 2019.

This is what I meant by saying that THE FAYEMI HA SBEEN PAYING HALF SALARY SINCE December, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

You should ask my why.

even the labour leaders are not claiming that as their excuse for going on strike. Please be honourable when you lie
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
civil servants and cooperative are like 5 and 6.
Since he came has the allocation to the state improved?
Has he paid out of the salaries being owed?
You lie f claiming half salary being paid means he his paying half of what was paid as salary during osoko era?
Guy I can stand to say you are a confirm liar.
Yes promotional exams were conducted last not 2018. That of 2018 was by the outgoing without plans for payment.we all knew why.
That stretch into late 2019 with even employment exercise. All this can not be sustained by any government with this Corona Economy.
Please be factual.even states with better allocation finding it difficult paying salaries.

The state finance has improved. The least FAAC Allocation shared during the second term of Fayemi is around #561 Billion Naira while the least FAAC Allocation shared during the Government of Fayose was around #270 Billion.

Since Fayemi came into office in 2019, FAAC has shared close to #900 Billion.

Mind you, the Allocation that has been coming to both the state and Local Government has never been less than #8 Billion. Of you want to quote a location figure, please quote both the state and the Locla Government.

The least allocation coming to any Local Government in Nigeria is higher than #100 million every month.
You can quote me anywhere.
It is the greediness of the State Governors that has been affecting the payment of salary and progress of this country
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 8:53am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

Telling lie?

Seems you didn't understand my point. Please, try to read in between the line of my earlier comment.

I said MOST CIVIL SERVANT IN EKITI STATE ARE IN COOPERATIVE UNIONS and that SOME of them HAVE TAKEN BANK LOANS. these loans and cooperative moneys are been DEDUCTED FROM source from THEIR SALARY, before they get paid at all. Yet, Fayemi has not been RELEASING/PAYING these MONTHLY SALARY DEDUCTIONS to various Cooperative unions or Banks.

Let say Mr A is collecting #50,000 as monthly salary from Fayemi's Government,
and Mr A is either Contributing #25,000 to a Cooperative Union or Bank every month.

#25,000(50%) will be Mr A's Net pay Every month while #25,000 is being deducted every month from his salary that is to be remitted to either Cooperative Union or Bank every month.
But the state Government has been deducting his money but has refused to release it to the appropriate quarter since December, 2019.

This is what I meant by saying that THE FAYEMI HA SBEEN PAYING HALF SALARY SINCE December, 2019
Guy one again I say you are lying.That a government pays you you net salary of 50k. And you choose on your own to go and borrow from a cooperative against your salary is your choice.That does not mean you were not paid.its simple logic.

1.Mr A nets pay is still 50,000 not 25,000 as claimed.
2. I can tell you that funds are being remitted to various cooperative. The only time issues were had was during the lockdown which was due to more of administrative issues. I know people who run cooperatives in ado. I know the processes .I know how the templates are derived ,I know how the procedure down to the office at oke ori-omi: the mention of that should make you know I know what am saying.if you know what it means.
So please stop saying stories you have no facts about. Do civil servants salaries need to be increased based on the current economic situation:yes but also the citzenry deserve a better deal. Salary increment based on the meager allocation to ekiti is not sustainable. Recurrent estimated monthly expenditure is 2.6bn leaving 400m for developmental and capital project's .
Maybe all allocation should be use for salary parent.i bet you I would not still be enough. Collectively we all need to look inward on developing and generating revenue
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 9:01am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
even the labour leaders are not claiming that as their excuse for going on strike. Please be honourable when you lie

It is part of the Labour Leaders damands.

Check item 2
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:

Check item 2

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/minimum-wage-ekiti-workers-begin-3-day-warning-strike-monday/

“The state government has yet to attend to any of our requests, such as a financial promotion for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
“There is no commitment to all the outstanding deductions, such as cooperative money, loan repayment to banks, housing fund, and others.
“Our demands also include five years leave bonuses, hazard allowances of COVID-19 to health workers, salary arrears and deductions, all yet to be paid.
“Based on the above, the strike will commence from 12 midnight of Aug. 3, except the government attends to our demands.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

Check item 2
once again .it's not stated.yo need to understand the word used there.it says No commitment.simply put Government should back such funds with money. I know for example like housing loans .it over subscribed. Some have their names on the list but the funds available can not accommodate every one.That is different from your outrigth lie
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by gannod(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2020
newmoney133:
The circles continues.Fayemi left heaps of loan for fayose to inherit and now Fayose equally left arrears for him.

May God bless you. Fayemi left in 2014 with debts, he never believed he would come back one day to meet the debts.( karma) The debts he left for Fayose is still tje same debts he is battling with.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

The state finance has improved. The least FAAC Allocation shared during the second term of Fayemi is around #561 Billion Naira while the least FAAC Allocation shared during the Government of Fayose was around #270 Billion.

Since Fayemi came into office in 2019, FAAC has shared close to #900 Billion.

Mind you, the Allocation that has been coming to both the state and Local Government has never been less than #8 Billion. Of you want to quote a location figure, please quote both the state and the Locla Government.

The least allocation coming to any Local Government in Nigeria is higher than #100 million every month.
You can quote me anywhere.
It is the greediness of the State Governors that has been affecting the payment of salary and progress of this country
There you go again. How much accrued to ekiti.
Since Fayemi came in mind you. Fayose was also collecting close to 1bn every month for budget support funds,apart from bailout funds. There was moratorium on debt repayment to ekiti date during his tenure .debts were not paid back this is a FACT in case you don't know.presently All bilateral and multilateral debts are being deducted along with the Paris funds.so telling me that was shared is hogwash.
Simply put. How much is the actual money accruing to ekiti after all deduction
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2020
Thatfairguy1 this is your state cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News : Ekiti Election / Reuters Report : The Fuel Subsidy Removal Is Imf Policy For Africa ! / GEJ Endorses Action Against BA, Virgin Atlantic Over Regional Fare Disparity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.