Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,953 members, 7,956,593 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today (8523 Views)

Ekiti Workers Recieved Salary After10 Months / Hold Fayemi Responsible For Your Salary Arrears – Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers / Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2020
Fragility6:

Very stupid statement. How many years has Fayemi bin in position dat Fayose is still blamed for his incompetence. Same way buhari foolishly decieve ur type of pple with drab thinking that he met no money when he entered power. Some of una 4 thus forum go dey reason like fools
he's not stupid as you claimed.fayemi pays salary.presently no civil servant can tell you he has not received his or her salary .the issue of salary his that of backlog .this was during fayose's term.The civil servants,were afraid of asking him then. Yes government should pay cause it's their sweat .going on strike will not solve anything.dialoque on how to pay and how they can help government in spreading that payment should be their plan I tell you no Government would be able to pay the money in bulk without support from the FG.presently bulk of the allocation is being used for recurrent.leaving little or nothing after debt deduction.estimated 2.6bn. even if they save their remaining 400m for 1year he would only be able to pay for 2months leaving no visible project's on ground.its a catch 22 situation
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by ThatFairGuy1: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
Thatfairguy1 this is your state cheesy grin
If a whole Delta with 13% oil derivatives could slash workers'salary, Ekiti with the least allocation shouldn't be a problem tongue
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:41am On Aug 03, 2020
[[s]quote author=ThatFairGuy1 post=92404806]
If a whole Delta with 13% oil derivatives could slash workers'salary, Ekiti with the least allocation shouldn't be a problem tongue[/quote][/s] Delta state pay level 07 65k level 09 80k please don't compare it with any south west state including Lagos that don't pay above 20-30k cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by toask111: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
There you go again. How much accrued to ekiti.
Since Fayemi came in mind you. Fayose was also collecting close to 1bn every month for budget support funds,apart from bailout funds. There was moratorium on debt repayment to ekiti date during his tenure .debts were not paid back this is a FACT in case you don't know.presently All bilateral and multilateral debts are being deducted along with the Paris funds.so telling me that was shared is hogwash.
Simply put. How much is the actual money accruing to ekiti after all deduction

I can see that you don't really have a clue about the issue been discussed here, you are just commenting just to defend the Governor.

For your information, the Federal Government ha directed the CBN and other FAAC agency to stop deductions from State Governments monthly allocations for the next 1 year since May due to the effect of Covid-19 on the economy of the Country.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/385575-coronavirus-nigerian-governors-urge-cbn-to-stop-states-debt-deductions.html

So for now, Bail out repayment and other charges are not being deducted from Ekiti State Government FAAC Allocation for the next 1 year.

And for your information Ekiti State Government received N4.04 Billion as Allocation for the MONTH OF APRIL ALONE out of the N780 Billion that was shared as FAAC:
On the other hand, five states with the share of total gross allocations for the month of April 2020 include – Kwara, Ekiti, and Nassarawa with N4.04 billion, N4.04 billion and N4.11 billion respectively. Others include Ebonyi (N4.14 billion) and Gombe state (N4.19 billion).

In April Ekiti State Government received N4. 04 Billion asides about N6 Billion received by the Local Governments in Ekiti State

https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/10/faac-disburses-n780-93-billion-in-april-allocation-increases-by-34/

You have been calling me a liar since without pouting out where I lied. You don't even know if I am older than you are or not.
Fayemi collects N300 million every month as SECURITY Votes despite knowing that Ekiti is not rich but he is finding it difficult to pay money deducted from Civil Servants salaries.

Who is deceiving who.

You don't know if I work in the Accountant General or I am part of his appointees. These figures I am posting out is known to the public. You need to make your findings.
This will be my last response or you on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by SincerePet: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
bcomputer101:

https://punchng.com/minimum-wage-ekiti-workers-begin-warning-strike-august-3/
But they removed F and brought another F.What do they expect.
No difference btw Fayose and Fayemi, F remains a failure.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 10:49am On Aug 03, 2020
toask111:

I can see that you don't really have a clue about the issue been discussed here, you are just commenting just to defend the Governor.

For your information, the Federal Government ha directed the CBN and other FAAC agency to stop deductions from State Governments monthly allocations for the next 1 year since May due to the effect of Covid-19 on the economy of the Country.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/385575-coronavirus-nigerian-governors-urge-cbn-to-stop-states-debt-deductions.html

So for now, Bail out repayment and other charges are not being deducted from Ekiti State Government FAAC Allocation for the next 1 year.

And for your information Ekiti State Government received N4.04 Billion as Allocation for the MONTH OF APRIL ALONE out of the N780 Billion that was shared as FAAC:
On the other hand, five states with the share of total gross allocations for the month of April 2020 include – Kwara, Ekiti, and Nassarawa with N4.04 billion, N4.04 billion and N4.11 billion respectively. Others include Ebonyi (N4.14 billion) and Gombe state (N4.19 billion).

In April Ekiti State Government received N4. 04 Billion asides about N6 Billion received by the Local Governments in Ekiti State

https://nairametrics.com/2020/06/10/faac-disburses-n780-93-billion-in-april-allocation-increases-by-34/

You have been calling me a liar since without pouting out where I lied. You don't even know if I am older than you are or not.
Fayemi collects N300 million every month as SECURITY Votes despite knowing that Ekiti is not rich but he is finding it difficult to pay money deducted from Civil Servants salaries.

Who is deceiving who.

You don't know if I work in the Accountant General or I am part of his appointees. These figures I am posting out is known to the public. You need to make your findings.
This will be my last response or you on this topic.
That why I say you are lying.if you are an apointee.i can bold say you renumeration s are intact. Like wise if you are a civil servant your salary is being paid .even now you have been paid for what it's worth.security vote has been part of the system from time even from the military regime.even in advance democracy it's there. Even the newspaper clippings you qoute used the word "urged" .it's simply means to plead or persuade.so it's not a fact. The governor's urged the FG ,CBN and Finance minister to suspend the debt repayments.howere this was the position of the minister.
The President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has approved the suspension of the payment of interest on debts owed by state governments.

Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, who disclosed this at a press briefing in Abuja on Monday, said this was part of measures to reduce the debt burden on state governments.

The Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning is expected to meet with the Central Bank of Nigeria to work out details of the moratorium.

The moratorium, according to the minister, would be granted on the Federal Government and CBN-funded loans in order to create fiscal space for the states, given the projected shortfalls in FAAC allocations.

Accordingly, she said as soon as monthly average FAAC receipts fell below a specific threshold, interest and capital payments by states would be suspended till monthly average FAAC receipts exceeded the threshold.

She said details of this moratorium would be expeditiously worked out with a view to submitting the final proposals for the President’s guidance and final approval." https://punchng.com/cbn-to-suspend-interest-payment-on-state-debts/

The issue is we like speaking half truth.
The issues was a proposal that has not been fully implemented.
You said ekiti got 4bn in April .yes but it was as a result of 34% increment in Allo cation due to some factors amongst which was additional injection of funds from the national reserve.

Please at no point in time did local government in ekiti got 6bn per month . Average Allo cation to all local government in ekiti is around 2.1-2.4bn monthly
Presently that threshold has not been meet fully.
The total allocation for ekiti state was around 41-42bn while that of the local governments was around 22bn.for the whole 2019. Mind you some states gets much more that this in 2months

https://www.proshareng.com › ...PDF
Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) - Proshare Nigeria
Please search for ekiti allocation for 2019 and for 2020(jan-march). It's all there
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by freeDR(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
why lie. No body earns half salary in ekiti.so stop spreading lies
Stop being mischievous. You dolt. Fayemi has not been paying deductions.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2020
freeDR:

Stop being mischievous. You dolt. Fayemi has not been paying deductions.
show your proof.it something to claim and another to proof .kindly give evidence to show that the deduction s are not being paid
And please state which.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Fragility6: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
chrisblack:
he's not stupid as you claimed.fayemi pays salary.presently no civil servant can tell you he has not received his or her salary .the issue of salary his that of backlog .this was during fayose's term.The civil servants,were afraid of asking him then. Yes government should pay cause it's their sweat .going on strike will not solve anything.dialoque on how to pay and how they can help government in spreading that payment should be their plan I tell you no Government would be able to pay the money in bulk without support from the FG.presently bulk of the allocation is being used for recurrent.leaving little or nothing after debt deduction.estimated 2.6bn. even if they save their remaining 400m for 1year he would only be able to pay for 2months leaving no visible project's on ground.its a catch 22 situation
He pays salary yet they are about going on strike? Why are they going on strike again coz i no read d news well? My only issue with dat guy was blaming somebody that has left office how many years as the cause of non-payment of salaries even though the governor den was still an idiot.
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by Olawalelead(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
Oti di gobe...
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by chrisblack: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
Fragility6:

He pays salary yet they are about going on strike? Why are they going on strike again coz i no read d news well? My only issue with dat guy was blaming somebody that has left office how many years as the cause of non-payment of salaries even though the governor den was still an idiot.
breaking news.they have called up the strike.The workers know how it operates. Many are grateful for his ability to pay their salaries.they know the true story.was it not the same ado in the immediate past pots were stolen on fire due to non payment of salaries.That is no longer happening.Yes things are tough economically.The devaluation of our Naira is a major issue. Also Ado ekiti is the most expensive state capital in amongst the entire south western state even kogi and kwara inclusive relatively.The cost of even local agricultural produce is higher than what is obtained in Lagos.They only way forward as earlier stated in dialogue on how they can spread the payments.mind you it can not be paid by this government without a trade-off.something must be abandoned for that to happen.or if they borrow to pay it. .The question is what changed their mind?
Sometimes the labour leaders are well informed but choose to play to the gallery,while some are in need of political patronage. .which ever. I know for a fact salaries are being paid. How ever I would strongly wish a lot is done as regards the take home pay for state civil servants,it's very poor.some earn as much as 48k a graduate with 4 children with 1or two in the university.
There should be a law limiting employment without proper renumeration. States salaries should be almost at par with that of The FG.
Only few states like Lagos pay close to FG,even at that there is still a substantial difference
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by oyeb15: 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
No governor should be allowed for second term in Ekiti again. Fayose second term is disastrous, Fayemi's own now is worse. Both are good students of Hitler and Idi Amin
Re: Ekiti Workers Begin Warning Strike Today by ojogbengasamuel: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
okay o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Begs Nigerians To Pray For Military To Overcome Security Challenges / Nigerian Senator Caught Kissing Married Woman In His Office / Adamawa Orders Closure Of 30 Boarding Schools Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.