Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' (1790 Views)

Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by justkunmi(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2011
lovely movie. . be back with a review soon.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Wbong: 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
weird movie
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 11:47pm On Feb 17, 2011
Emmz:

I kinda get wat ure saying cos iv known jesse for zillion years now; From some series and he actually talks like that. He is really fast when he speaks but i just felt his acting in the social network. He was good. A nomination would have been appropriate. Anyway whatever.

Go see it. Don't let Vescucci desuade u with his mad hater reviews. grin
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 12:05am On Feb 18, 2011
vescucci:

The dude is an adrenaline junkie. He didn't think it was anything he couldn't handle at first. He made a video satiring his foolishness and it was when it dawned on him that the pearly gates beckoned that he really got worried. His predicament shoulda sprung the quintessential five stages of denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance but his own were acceptance, anger, denial, bargaining and refusal. It's like stuff from a self help brochure. What I expected the film to dwell on was the depression (which was missing hence no tragedy) but it did not. There was a game show analogy instead, hence the comedy. The guy didn't even cry once if I recall. After the whole shebang, he went right back to skiing and whatever adrenaline fix he could manage.

Realistic is exactly what I'm being. Inasmuch as I didn't say it was obvious to me in particular, knowing he was gonna cut his arm before seeing the movie doesn't mean I wouldn't have figured it out without knowing beforehand. Anyone woulda and shoulda. I liked the hallucination about the rain and the rock moving due to the water's upthrust. Wishful thinking. Classic denial.

Now you've made me sound like I hate the movie. About my movie taste. It's simplicity itself but another time.

VESCUCCIIIIIII grin See im one of those pple who don't believe in following the crowd. Il tell you what i mean. Who says it always has to be that way? (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) Whoever created these stages is just human like you and I and u must remember that pple deal with things differently so if he accepted it before denying it, maybe that's just the way he deals with things. have you 4gotten that the real guy this happened to is actually living and breathing so obviously most of the story came from the horses mouth with a few additions from danny boyle or whoever.

Some pple laugh when they are sad cos that's how they deal with it hence the game show analogue and hence not much depression. I personally know two pple like that.

To be honest, I do not think there was need for tragedy. It wouldn't fit in. There was nothing tragic there. It was supposed to be a survival and gruesome story and that's what it showed.

Yes he went back to skying, that's just how some people are.(Lesson learnt- move on) You said it yourself. The dude is an adrenalin junkie. He felt he had learnt his lesson which is tell at least one person where you are going and everytin will be fine so he moved on.

Well we both have our opinions and this is my take on it. Kapish. grin
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by kyne: 8:01am On Feb 18, 2011
I have seen this flick and it is good flick,
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2011
Sigh
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2011
wink
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2011
@Emmz
wink cheesy
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Emmz(f): 1:42am On Feb 21, 2011
obinna5000:

@Emmz
wink cheesy

smiley
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by vescucci(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2011
You fellas are getting your Wall-E freak on?
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by candylips(m): 12:38am On Feb 27, 2011
i didn't understand this black swan movie. it was boring
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2011
it was boring? undecided
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 4:25am On Feb 28, 2011
30 minutes 2 go!!!!

natalie portman is going to get the oscarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 5:45am On Feb 28, 2011
YESSSSSS
SHEEEEEEE
WONNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by obinna5000(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2011
ijaw_girl:

YESSSSSS
SHEEEEEEE
WONNNNNNNNNNNNN

@ijaw_girl
Its was inevitable. cool
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by MadMax1(f): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2011
Rooting for Benning till I saw Portman in Black Swan. She's earned that oscar twice over. So, so so happy for Bale! Usually too busy drooling in any movie he's in to notice his acting. But he was superlative in The Fighter. Sweaty men hitting each other and yelling and boxers with angst. So frakking hot.
Way to go, Ms Portman.
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by ijawgirl: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2011
obinna5000:

@ijaw_girl
Its was inevitable.  cool

smiley
Re: The Black Swan~~~wins best actress Oscar for 'Black Swan' by Wbong: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
congratz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Francis Duru Is Currently Nollywood's Best Male Actor - Do You Agree ? / Who Is The Designer Of Nta Lagos Channel 10 Website? / Post Ur Korean Action Hostorical Series Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.