Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money (27904 Views)

Hot New Photos Of Anita Joseph That Wives Won’t Let Their Husbands See / Anita Joseph And Charles Okocha Will Make A Fine Couple (Photos) / Charles Okocha Grabs Anita Joseph & Nancy Iheme's Butts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
U like to copy d western life but u no wan copy dis one abi. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by lilmonarch(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
Minxie:

I prefer flowers, balloons, candy, chocolate, teddybears, a picnic at the beach etc.

Please don't generalize by making all African women look like we'd sell ourselves to the highest bidder. We don't just dispose of our dignity like garbage.

Besides, it's the little things that matter. Like time and attention. The women I know will get extremely offended if you give them money.

Please don't generalize smiley
women from which continent? sad shocked
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by pacespot(m): 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
The way everybody is desperate for money in Nigeria these days, shoprite exits Nigeria despite being the African largest economy
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Minxie(f): 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
lilmonarch:
women from which continent? sad shocked

Africa, the one with the most resilient women.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by hairdeals247(f): 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
Abeg give them money so that they can patronize us oh.... Looking good they say is good business ... Abi ladies Am I lieing?
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
Minxie:

I prefer flowers, balloons, candy, chocolate, teddybears, a picnic at the beach etc.

Please don't generalize by making all African women look like we'd sell ourselves to the highest bidder. We don't just dispose of our dignity like garbage.

Besides, it's the little things that matter. Like time and attention. The women I know will get extremely offended if you give them money.

Please don't generalize smiley

O yeah? So all the above mentioned can be gotten with sand and not money??

If you had based your argument on flowers only, it would have made a lotta sense since flowers can easily be gotten from trees and any random garden and not make you come across as "selling yourself to the highest bidder". But @ the bolded has defeated that purpose because those things are even more expensive than some calculated cash gift. So??... still same same.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
pocohantas:

I am not trying to win, Digit. Just giving you a sisterly advice. Whenever my bro wants to buy gifts for his babe, he will always come to ask me and he has never failed to come back for thanksgiving. wink

Yea, you will always see them and remember the person. Like that vase would always remind you of your friend. What is the vase made of? Looks more like a gourd. Would contrast with a white wall, maybe red plant.

Your ex is a very cunning someone. I will just open my big eyeballs and eye him well. Not my name, his name?? Kai!!! grin

There are lots of florist shops in Lagos. I think I know a few. Though they are really pricy. You can also buy normal bridal flowers and do this thing yourself. I am all for DIYs. cheesy
I believe it's clay,she had it blazed and painted it of course after designing it with patterns she didn't glass it, it would have cost her much. Sometimes I follow her or check on her at her studio before I relocated. I think the wall color is my issue here, but I will work with red like you have suggested.

As for my ex, lol I think he is possessive. Anything he gift me is either in is name or with a prefix still he's name. For example he once gave me a beautifully hand made designed sweater but had " Olori"---xxxx (meaning queen of ---- ) grin grin cheesy . It's just his own way of showing love.. And I will be feeling special not knowing that someone is branding Me. Lol my mumu too much then.grin

I'm a DIY person too, currently working on a wall hanger. Lots videos one can learn from on YouTube, nah me just lazy grin. But I will try to give that vase the beauty it deserves soon. smiley
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by toprealman: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
I don't like flowers, some people like flowers.....don't give a girl flowers!
People dey sha.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
pocohantas:

It is just so crass to me. The one I will never understand is the stuffing of money inside cake. If he does that, I will be weak...very weak. grin

Lol. ...

I dont really fancy stuffing money inside cake cos its not hygienic especially when there's envelope to package it well tongue.

I love cakes though tongue. Had a muddy chocolate one yesterday at nephews birthday. So moist and muddy. cheesy cheesy.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Yaba4sure: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
Poverty is a decease
see finishing
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Minxie(f): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brachaa:

O yeah? So all the above mentioned can be gotten with sand and not money??

If you had based your argument on flowers only, it would have made a lotta sense since flowers can easily be gotten from trees and any random garden and not make you come across as "selling yourself to the highest bidder". But @ the bolded has defeated that purpose because those things are even more expensive than some calculated cash gift. So??... still same same.

I must've misunderstood... I was under the impression that we were talking about the perfect gift. Those things I listed are things that carry more sentimental value. Also note how I said time and attention are more important. If I give a gift to my guy for his birthday or valentines day or whatever, I'll give him something that shows that I've paid attention to him. For example, if he says he loves to watch football I would buy him two tickets to a match of his favorite team and he can take me or a friend to enjoy the day with him. That's a gift that requires thought. it requires me to show interests in his likes and dislikes. I won't just give him money because that shows that I don't really care what's in his mind and what he likes. Similarly, I like balloons and candy and theme parks. Therefore, instead of just giving me money, it shows that he actually cares about what I like if he goes with me and we spend a day at the themepark.

not that I wouldn't help him financially if he's ever in a bind, I just think that giving someone money is a lazy gift and shows that you don't know him/her well. It's very superficial. Often strangers give money as birthday gifts because they don't know what the person likes. It's impersonal and when you give your man or woman money as a gift or a sign of appreciation, it's like a pay off situation.

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Twelfthman: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Karlifate:
That's what a typical female Capricorn will say..... Money & sex na their problem.

Toxic sign
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Karlifate: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
Twelfthman:

Toxic sign
That Princess Shyngle is one of them.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
Minxie:

I must've misunderstood... I was under the impression that we were talking about the perfect gift. Those things I listed are things that carry more sentimental value. Also note how I said time and attention are more important. If I give a gift to my guy for his birthday or valentines day or whatever, I'll give him something that shows that I've paid attention to him. For example, if he says he loves to watch football I would buy him two tickets to a match of his favorite team and he can take me or a friend to enjoy the day with him. That's a gift that requires thought. it requires me to show interests in his likes and dislikes. I won't just give him money because that shows that I don't really care what's in his mind and what he likes. Similarly, I like balloons and candy and theme parks. Therefore, instead of just giving me money, it shows that he actually cares about what I like if he goes with me and we spend a day at the themepark.

not that I wouldn't help him financially if he's ever in a bind, I just think that giving someone money is a lazy gift and shows that you don't know him/her well. It's very superficial. Often strangers give money as birthday gifts because they don't know what the person likes. It's impersonal and when you give your man or woman money as a gift or a sign of appreciation, it's like a pay off situation.

You just kept Merry-go-rounding.

Your opinion though. Doesn't apply to everyone including mua!.

You must be a love poet. grin
Nice romantic poem. cheesy Kudos.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
very true.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Minxie(f): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
Brachaa:

You just kept Merry-go-rounding.

Your opinion though. Doesn't apply to everyone including mua!.

You must be a love poet. grin
Nice romantic poem. cheesy Kudos.

Yeah it doesn't apply to everyone which is why I said please don't generalize to make it seem like African women in general are prepared to sell themselves to the highest bidder. It sends a message that we are objects that must be pimped out and that just western (white) women's virtue must always be protected.

I think love can't be bought. So if you pay for someone to be with you, it's not love. There's nothing wrong with giving gifts to the one you love. But the moment you use that gift as compensation, it's not love.

Love and peace smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
Minxie:

Yeah it doesn't apply to everyone which is why I said please don't generalize to make it seem like African women in general are prepared to sell themselves to the highest bidder. It sends a message that we are objects that must be pimped out and that just western (white) women's virtue must always be protected.

I think love can't be bought. So if you pay for someone to be with you, it's not love. There's nothing wrong with giving gifts to the one you love. But the moment you use that gift as compensation, it's not love.

Love and peace smiley

Different strokes for different folks. wink

Shalom. smiley

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by pansophist(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
Ejix4:
Pls who can answer this simple question for me...

*where did this idea of men given women money comes from, in the Bible or where* ?

It comes from low self-esteemed men that instead of to work hard and become a respectable male figure, they rather just fork out cash to buy affection from a woman, and the pool of such men have been growing so much within the past three decades, making it seems like a norm. They have failed themselves and/or perhaps, do not have the inner strength and toughness to accentuate their masculinity by sojourning into the free world and carve a name for themselves, making them formidable.

Women knows the difference between a weak man and a strong man, regardless of their money, and the former will always pay for what the latter gets for free. Women will create rules, terms and conditions for the weak males but break that same rule for a stronger male. So yea.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by ksmart027(m): 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
pretydiva:
Na people like you they Make guys insult us. So you don't have hand to work for your money abi. Be there and be depending on guys. Mcteww
Na correct babe you be, i am begining to like you oo.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by pansophist(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
If you give my grandma a bag of garri and palm oil on her birthday, she would be delighted, that same gift would be useless to a white grandma. Also, if you give a 2 year old child an iPhone, it is useless to him, but a cartoon of biscuit, sweet, and toy will make his day.

So dear brethren, Nigerian ladies have done nothing wrong preferring money over flower. Infact she would appreciate internet subscription more than flowers, nothing wrong there. Meself, I no like flowers. Better carry me go isi ewu joint, make i eat to stupor, with a possibility of proper work out in za oza room grin

Blame me not, I am a Nigerian cool

4 Likes

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Deepthoughts: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
winkmart:
Nollywood actress Anita Joseph has stated that Nigerian girls will prefer money over flowers.

Speaking in a video she updated on her Instagram page, the actress revealed that this is the only way through which a man could gain fast access into a woman's heart and so he should not waste his resources getting her flowers.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDZRla8ByJ8/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wP8LEs2-Rg

In a rather hilarious response to her post, one of her fans wrote that she doesn't accept flowers either as that is meant for kids, but the only kind of flowers she accepts are the ones designed with money.
What I saw very beautiful girls do just two days ago make me so scared n suspicious of every beautiful girl,God have mercy n protect the men Amen.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by OBku4(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
Point of correction... Broke Nigerian girls cheesy cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by lilmonarch(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
Minxie:

Africa, the one with the most resilient women.
i don't know about other African countries o but the Nigerian women i know will not only reject flowers. They'll also insult you down to your generation unborn. Forget it cheesy
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by pretydiva(f): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
ksmart027:

Na correct babe you be, i am begining to like you oo.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Actually this economy doesn't make a lot of females appreciate flowers as a romantic gesture . I'd rather a gift than raw cash or flowers.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Fourwinds: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
We know time immemorial that is the logo
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Peacefuluz(f): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
Give them RINGS...
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Originalsly: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
pretydiva:

Na people like you they Make guys insult us. So you don't have hand to work for your money abi. Be there and be depending on guys. Mcteww

I do respect you jumping out as a woman and putting her down. How can money buy love?... does a guy get to the heart of a prostitute or golddigger? She just played herself..... she can be bought.... she should speak for herself.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Fourwinds: 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
Chii59:
Actually this economy doesn't make a lot of females appreciate flowers as a romantic gesture . I'd rather a gift than raw cash or flowers.
romantic cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kissmuuuaaaahhhhh

1 Like

Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by Unbreakable007: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
I think say na better person dey talk.

After all d Bleep, nothing to show for it.

Even when they said that hot sperm cures iron pimples.

Today is still world breast sucking day.
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by loomer: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
Difference between una and oyibo girls wide
Re: Anita Joseph: Nigerian Girls Don't Like Flowers, Give Them Money by guychidile: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
arbi na flower she got eat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh's "Independence Day Hairstyle" / Photo Of Bimbo Akintola And Sola Sobowale At An Event / Peter Okoye And 2Baba Share A Selfie As They Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.