Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,969 members, 7,952,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking (45032 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Top 10 Richest Footballer In The World– Latest Review / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by sucess001(m): 5:55am On Aug 04, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Dubois is still young and though his win against Gorman was impressive,he should beat joe Joyce first.Did you just say breazeale?That guy is a overhyped journeyman,he was floored by a 47yr old man and was on the verge of losing if not for the injury the man sustained.His most impressive achievement is taking Joshua 7 rounds(which i criticize Joshua for cause he should have done the job quicker) and you know how stupid he was against wilder. Breazeale isn't top25.
Hunter is a cruiserweight who moved up and he drew povetkin,rivas dropped dillian whyte,so they aren't poor boxers.But andy ruiz and even Chisora should be ahead of both

Well...when the only two losses you have ever sustained is against Wilder and Joshua...you are definitely not a bad boxer. After all Whyte is 3rd and has lost to Joshua. Again you missed out the point on Usyk. Most boxing rankings had him at no 5-10as at March (see attached). What has changed since then? There hasn't been any fights....chisora, Ruiz and Usyk definitely shud be in any top ten right now

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by jomoh: 6:00am On Aug 04, 2020
paulolee:

no lies but we cnt rule out anything because i lost a huge bet on wilder before he waa disgraced by fury...
remember the last match they both had, wilder nearly defeated fury after knocking him down twice..

You got it wrong it was fury that knocked wilder down twice and still they judged the fight to be a tie. That was when Floyd mayweather angrily stormed out of the venue because he knew the American judges were protecting wilder. That was a fury that just came back to fight after 3years without a single fight.

If someone that came back after 3years without a fight can nearly knock out wilder, it should’ve given you an hint. Not to mention the retinue of hints that showed wilder wasn’t really a good fighter but a protected one.

I can’t type everything but I’d help you get something to read up that will show you that wilder should never have been in a top ten in the first place.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DRPAIT123(m): 6:48am On Aug 04, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Nah,Samuel Peter became wbc champion and that was the time NTA used to broadcast all of his fights until he lost it to vitali klitchsko.He really suffered from the hand of the brothers.
Ikeabuchi's story is very sad and the guy was good,could have really troubled the likes of Lennox,holyfield and tyson.He knocked out Byrd who became heavyweight champion twice and beat david tua that is a force to be reckoned with.
Great insight sir

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Streetgent: 6:50am On Aug 04, 2020
DAYOODS:

Guy keep quite, you don't know what you are saying. Firstly,Lennox Lewix fought and beat Mike Tyson. Go and watch the match. Secondly Lennox lewix also beat Holyfield. The man that crushed Tyson.
Lennox also beat Vitaly Klitschko.
Respect lewix na boss.
Lewis didn't beat Vitali, the match was terminated cos Vitali was bleeding seriously though he took the fight to Lewis. This infuriated Vitali Klitschko. However when he challenged Lewis for a rematch oga chickened out.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by paulolee(m): 8:45am On Aug 04, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Anybody who thought fury was joking isn't a boxing regular.Fury held all joshua's belts in 2015 before he was stripped
pls why was he stripped??,bcoz of drugs issh??

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by jomoh: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Wilder knows he is a bum that is why he selects his fights and fights 389th ranked boxers,ignores mandatories like white and go for breazeale.Was chasing 55yr luiz Ortiz who is not even a mandatory and used him to shine twice,what a bum!!

100%
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 10:02am On Aug 04, 2020
sucess001:

Well...when the only two losses you have ever sustained is against Wilder and Joshua...you are definitely not a bad boxer. After all Whyte is 3rd and has lost to Joshua. Again you missed out the point on Usyk. Most boxing rankings had him at no 5-10as at March (see attached). What has changed since then? There hasn't been any fights....chisora, Ruiz and Usyk definitely shud be in any top ten right now

Yeah,usyk is a top fighter,i believe he only missed out cause he has only a fight at heavyweight.And his losses apart,breazeale is a big bum,he will lose to all the names we are mentioning
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by robosky02(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Andy ruiz jnr is definitely top8
. The fat boy can't be here

He doesn't have six pack but amusement pack
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by DSHADOWWALKER: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
robosky02:
. The fat boy can't be here

He doesn't have six pack but amusement pack

grin
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
pooozeee:
What happen to deontay wilder

He lost his biggest fight.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
no oleksander usyk that is the best southpaw boxer i have seen in awhile

He hasn't built up his rep in heavyweight division yet. But he unified all the belts at cruiserweight.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
sucess001:
Nice list but the biggest elephant in the room is the absence of Andy Ruiz Jnr and Usyk who I believe should replace Hunter and Rivas.

I will even put Brazzelle or Dunois ahead of those two names

I think Hunter has already lost to Usyk in a cruiserweight match. But heavyweight is a while nother game. Let's wait and see.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Yes, Ruiz was unrated, but he was not a journeyman. Even the best of boxers have been unrated at one time or the other in their careers. Ruiz was no journeyman.

He was once a contender for Parker's belt, and he even won that match, but the judges denied him.

If some of his opponents thought of him as a journeyman, then they paid for it, didn't they cheesy

When he beat them, their perspectives on him must have changed.

He was not a journeyman. He has always been a solid contender.

Glad to see someone that knows the sport well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
DSHADOWWALKER:

Tyson's story is very sad,people argue he was out of prime when he fought lewis and holyfield and would have demolished them in his prime even though those two were older.We will never know.

He hit his prime very early. He couldn't handle the success. Imagine a 21 year old boy being world champion. Sad story. But that's life.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
1. I can't stand AJ fans. Most of them don't know boxing. They only like him because he's Nigerian. But any one with an average knowledge of the sport can see the holes in his game. Poor leverage on his punches, poor footwork, poor conditioning, etc.

2. I don't really like the heavyweight division right now. It's weak like La Liga. That's why a bum like Dillian Whyte and aged fighters like Povetkin and Ortiz can be named among the top ten. No disrespect to the Russian and the Cuban. They are one of the few that can actually box.

Thankfully there are some people here that know boxing well. It's a relief.

3. AJ needs to up his game if he wants to face Fury. At this point, he's not even a sure win against Pulev. He tried against Ruiz though the Mexican was overweight and unfit. Joshua came prepared. He switched up his style and moved better. He only lost one round in my eyes. I still believe he will break the heart of his fans and I can't wait to see that.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by vislabraye(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Tobimercy:
I once wrote it on this platform that the WBC belt is the most important of all the belts and anyone who holds it is technically the best in the division. Some people were arguing with me. This ranking proves me right. AJ with his three belts is still second best

The ranking is subjective. AJ is not being given the full credit he deserves. He has fought most of top 10 fighters than anyone on that list.
He defeated Dillian WHite who's no. 3
He has defeated Joseph Parker
He has defeated Alexander Povetskin.
He has also defeated Andy Ruiz Jr who defeated him before.

But how many top 10 has Tyson Fury fought ?
How many top 10 has Wilder fought ? Don't even talk about Luiz Ortiz (His inclusion on that list is debatable)
WBC so far is corrupt. Dillian White has been denied the opportunity of fighting Wilder for more than 1,000 days. Thank God Dillian WHite has won the court case against WBC
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by SouthPaw24(m): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2020
vislabraye:

The ranking is subjective. AJ is not being given the full credit he deserves. He has fought most of top 10 fighters than anyone on that list.
He defeated Dillian WHite who's no. 3
He has defeated Joseph Parker
He has defeated Alexander Povetskin.
He has also defeated Andy Ruiz Jr who defeated him before.

But how many top 10 has Tyson Fury fought ?
How many top 10 has Wilder fought ? Don't even talk about Luiz Ortiz (His inclusion on that list is debatable)
WBC so far is corrupt. Dillian White has been denied the opportunity of fighting Wilder for more than 1,000 days. Thank God Dillian WHite has won the court case against WBC

Dillian Whyte will just go and enjoy another loss.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Simbrixton(m): 4:24am On Aug 06, 2020
SouthPaw24:
1. I can't stand AJ fans. Most of them don't know boxing. They only like him because he's Nigerian. But any one with an average knowledge of the sport can see the holes in his game. Poor leverage on his punches, poor footwork, poor conditioning, etc.

2. I don't really like the heavyweight division right now. It's weak like La Liga. That's why a bum like Dillian Whyte and aged fighters like Povetkin and Ortiz can be named among the top ten. No disrespect to the Russian and the Cuban. They are one of the few that can actually box.

Thankfully there are some people here that know boxing well. It's a relief.

3. AJ needs to up his game if he wants to face Fury. At this point, he's not even a sure win against Pulev. He tried against Ruiz though the Mexican was overweight and unfit. Joshua came prepared. He switched up his style and moved better. He only lost one round in my eyes. I still believe he will break the heart of his fans and I can't wait to see that.
the 90s was the best period of boxing, the klitcshkos dominated for 11 years to me that's d best period of HW

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Simbrixton(m): 4:27am On Aug 06, 2020
SouthPaw24:

He hasn't built up his rep in heavyweight division yet. But he unified all the belts at cruiserweight.
he uses the southpaw style just like ur nickname

He would be alright

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Edere(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Jh0wsef:
Ok

Baba check your dm, make we reason one level abeg.
Re: The Top 10 Heavyweight Boxers In The World Latest Ranking by Jh0wsef(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
Edere:

Baba check your dm, make we reason one level abeg.
Good evening. Which of the DMs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How We Shared Takasu's Money - Siasia / Biography Of Stanley Nwabali: Net Worth, Career, Marital Status / AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.