Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Kindly View Igbo major Cities - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kindly View Igbo major Cities (2187 Views)

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Anambra1stS0n: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by DrGoodman: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Very encouraging
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nice! But i look at Umuahia and i just get furious! Nothing stands out in that City, and the little i see is not maintained, unplanned and unimpressive for a state capital!
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Obalatule: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Owerri/Enugwu

2 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Obalatule: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
Awka

1 Like

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by YorubaRitualist: 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
Alaigbo Amaka..AnambramIstson,I really appreciate your patriotism to Igboland..you have really done well than of most of our eastern politicians to show Igbo land to the outside world and change the false narratives about Igbos and Igbo land in general..

6 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by vicenzo(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good thread.

Happy to see you didn't add PH here.

Asaba is representing very well.

Recently the Asagba of Ahaba, the Obi agwu ! Celebrated his 96th birthday, and all Ahaba sons were sending in their congratulatory messages.
There was something remarkable about Elumelu congratulatory message to the king.
He was grateful for SEners investment in Ahaba.
That was very thoughtful of him.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Factshunter: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Really?
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Factshunter: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
YorubaRitualist:
Alaigbo Amaka..AnambramIstson,I really appreciate your patriotism to Igboland..you have really done well than of most of our eastern politicians to show Igbo land to the outside world and change the false narratives about Igbos and Igbo land in general..

Are you sure of this or you are just been funny? grin
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Wow, Igbo cities always have an exotic look like average mid sized towns in the West. By West, I mean in developed countries because what we have in the Waste are glorified slums. I didn't call anyone but watch how guilty conscience will not allow some people to breath grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by YorubaRitualist: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Factshunter:

Are you sure of this or you are just been funny? grin
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by vicenzo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
The Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ndudi Elumelu has felicitated the Asagba of Asaba, His Royal Majesty, Obi (Prof) Chike Edozien on the occasion of his 96th birthday anniversary.

In his good will message on Tuesday, 28th July, 2020, Hon Elumelu said that the life of Obi (Prof) Edozien has been amazing and a blessing not only to the people of Asaba, but humanity in general, saying that his intellectual and leadership qualities has paved way for development in deferent facet of human edervour especially in medicine and academics.

Elumelu commended the Monarch for being an exemplary king who has contributed immensely to the rapid transformation of the Kingdom of Asaba where he has sustained and strengthened the rich cultural heritage of the people, , adding that his reign has witnessed the transformation of Asaba into a vibrant social and investment hub in the South Eastern region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/flashpointnews.com/2020/07/28/elumelu-felicitates-asagba-of-asaba-96/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2020
vicenzo:
Good thread.

Happy to see you didn't add PH here.

Asaba is representing very well.

Recently the Asagba of Ahaba, the Obi agwu ! Celebrated his 96th birthday, and all Ahaba sons were sending in their congratulatory messages.
There was something remarkable about Elumelu congratulatory message to the king.
He was grateful for SEners investment in Ahaba.
That was very thoughtful of him.

That's the spirit. I love the way our people are investing in Asaba and they're appreciative of it, unlike confused identity crises ridden people who use our names, culture and identity but claim to be Bini.
Nollywood is now based in Asaba and it's helping the city immensely while building our cultural heritage and bond with Igbos west of the River Niger.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by vicenzo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
proeast:

That's the spirit. I love the way our people are investing in Asaba and they're appreciative of it, unlike confused identity crises ridden people who use our names, culture and identity but claim to be Bini.
Nollywood is now based in Asaba and it's helping the city immensely while building our cultural heritage and bond with Igbos west of the River Niger.

In the future Asaba and Onitsha would fuse into one indivisible Igbo city connected by River Niger and not divided by it.
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
Factshunter:

Below is anambra as at yesterday.

Lol, I bet you that Lagos and all the slums in the Waste has worse pictures. From the picture, you can see that what is required is just to fix the road and that place will look decent. However, same can't be said of your region considering that 80% of your settlements are totally unamendable.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by vicenzo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
We have Eight main cities in Igboland.

In alphabetical order:
1.Aba
2.Abakaleke
3.Ahaba
4. Enugwu
5.Oka
6.Onicha
7.Owerri
8.Umuahia

Then we have big towns with city potentials

Okigwe, Orlu , Nsukka, Nnewi, Arochukwu, Afikpo, etc

I think we are good to go. Republic of Igboland will be a great success.
Each of those eight main urban centres can be built into big cities of at least 10 million each with good planning.
Freeing up lands in rural areas for agriculture and other needs.

5 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2020
vicenzo:

In the future Asaba and Onitsha would fuse into one indivisible Igbo city connected by River Niger and not divided by it.

It has already fused as one city. What demarcate them is just the Niger bridge. If Lagos mainland and Island can be one city despite being demarcated by large lagoons then Onitsha and Asaba are already joined together. The second bridge will even escalate it the more cool

3 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sometimes I get confused on the reason behind all this thread.....most at times and you will end up placing your hand on nothing tangible but useless fight...

Not only riddled with poor journalism but every of his post is all about competition and fight... tantrums and all petty rubbish you can name.

Someone might be secretly suffering from schizophrenia without knowing..

You can never for once come across his post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even a sound sponsored editorial on any newspaper.

But everyday will fighting imaginary war with children here on nairaland still been fed by their parents..

Back and forth argument, nothing new...which might end up with 9867 views out of over 200 million population....

Oyiihi Umuazi..

1 Like

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Anambra1stS0n: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
proeast:

Lol, I bet you that Lagos and all the slums in the Waste has worse pictures. From the picture, you can see that what is required is just to fix the road and that place will look decent. However, same can't be said of your region considering that 80% of your settlements are totally unamendable.
Don't mind the goat

2 Likes

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by vicenzo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
proeast:

It has already fused as one city. What demarcate them is just the Niger bridge. If Lagos mainland and Island can be one city despite being demarcated by large lagoons then Onitsha and Asaba are already joined together. The second bridge will even escalate it the more cool

True. Light calls to light.
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Factshunter: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
cool

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2020
post=92415651:

Don't mind the goat

Lol, just look at the filth, and you haven't even touched the surface.
I was shocked when someone showed the skyline of Soweto, the worst slum in South Africa and I couldn't believe how it turned out to be more beautiful and liveable than Ibadan and other SW cities slums shocked shocked

The funny and most scary part of it is that those slums of SW will still be like this in the next decade cry cry

1 Like

Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by proeast(m): 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
Obalatule:
Shit is when a whole regional capital has only brown roof bungalows without any hope of change...that's the real shit grin

Don't tell me that this relic is still existing or is that Timbuktu in 1795 grin
Re: Kindly View Igbo major Cities by Anambra1stS0n: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2020
Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plane Crashes Into USA Apartment Building Killing EVERYONE / Japan Photos : So Affluent And So Ecclectic. It Is Just Out Of This World / Kotoka International Airport Accra, Ghana Faces Closure Over $2m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.