Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Living And Working Poland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Working Poland (2663 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living And Working Poland by phunmie45: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
Are you looking forward to settling down in Poland? Poland is a vibrant and exciting country. Living in Poland has not always been a picnic. Today, however, life in Poland is very pleasant, with people who are nothing but sociable and welcoming.

Culture and People
The majority of all people living in Poland (about 60%) have settled in the country’s urban areas. There are quite a few bigger towns in Poland, with life in Poland focusing on five of them, which qualify as major cities. Warsaw, the country’s capital, alone has about 1.7 million inhabitants. Most inhabitants are of a Polish descent. In fact, there is only a small minority of Germans, Ukrainians, Slovaks, Lithuanians, and Belarusians.

The country’s many traditions and local customs emerged from Latin and Byzantine influences and were strongly shaped by various European occupiers. As mentioned above, life in Poland is mainly influenced by the geniality of the Polish people. The culture is a rather welcoming one. Even if you do not speak the language fluently yet, you will probably be quickly included and find new friends in Poland.

This is a great place to raise a family and start a new life. If you need more info about moving around Poland i can always be of help
Re: Living And Working Poland by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
phunmie45:
Are you looking forward to settling down in Poland? Poland is a vibrant and exciting country. Living in Poland has not always been a picnic. Today, however, life in Poland is very pleasant, with people who are nothing but sociable and welcoming.

Culture and People
The majority of all people living in Poland (about 60%) have settled in the country’s urban areas. There are quite a few bigger towns in Poland, with life in Poland focusing on five of them, which qualify as major cities. Warsaw, the country’s capital, alone has about 1.7 million inhabitants. Most inhabitants are of a Polish descent. In fact, there is only a small minority of Germans, Ukrainians, Slovaks, Lithuanians, and Belarusians.

The country’s many traditions and local customs emerged from Latin and Byzantine influences and were strongly shaped by various European occupiers. As mentioned above, life in Poland is mainly influenced by the geniality of the Polish people. The culture is a rather welcoming one. Even if you do not speak the language fluently yet, you will probably be quickly included and find new friends in Poland.

This is a great place to raise a family and start a new life. If you need more info about moving around Poland i can always be of help

Can you give birth in Poland to get their citizenship
If you and your wife is non EU citizens
Re: Living And Working Poland by phunmie45: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
Getting Polish citizenship is straightforward until it comes down to citizenship by descent. Like most European countries, Poland uses the “right of blood” method to determine Polish citizenship by birth. Basically, any child born to at least one Polish parent obtains citizenship at birth, regardless of where they are born.

Americans may find this concept a bit odd, because the United States applies the “right of the soil” method to providing citizenship, meaning anyone born on US soil is an American citizen. While this may sound convenient — it is a great way to get anchor status if you want a pathway to US citizenship — it’s really just the modern-day version of giving away citizenship like candy in order to rope in more future tax slaves.

Polish citizenship by naturalization can be obtained by legally residing in Poland as a permanent resident for three years if you speak Polish. Otherwise, you need to be legally resident for the last ten years and currently have permanent resident status.

If you’re married to a Polish citizen, you get a small discount on the time required for naturalization. You must, however, be legally resident in Poland, not living overseas.

So far, Polish citizenship is either difficult, if not impossible to get, or not worth it. Poland isn’t a bad place to live, but it’s not worth getting legal residence there to work toward a second passport.

However, obtaining Polish citizenship by descent is an easy way to get Polish citizenship if you meet some difficult conditions.

The rules for claiming ancestral citizenship include the condition that your Polish ancestors left the country after Poland became an independent country in 1918. Basically, any ancestor born before the year 1899 is ineligible to qualify you for citizenship on the basis of the country’s citizenship laws of 1920.

That means you’ll have to use ancestors who were born in the twentieth century. If you have family members who were under 21 years old when the 1920 laws were ratified, they may have qualified for Polish citizenship, even if they were born and held citizenship elsewhere, such as the United States.

However, Poland requires you to maintain an unbroken chain of citizenship in order to qualify for citizenship by descent. If your great grandfather qualifies, but your grandfather gave up Polish citizenship to become a citizen of another country, you’re out of luck.

That means each ancestor must have been Polish in order to pass it to the younger generation. If one of your ancestors lost their Polish citizenship then the bloodline is broken.

In this way, Poland is much less liberal than Italy, which seems to hand out citizenship to anyone who calls themselves a Paisan.

Poland is also less liberal in that it doesn’t count ethnic Polish ancestors as eligible for citizenship. This is different from some other ancestral citizenship programs, which figure that anyone with ancestors from territory they CURRENTLY control can be a citizen.

The way Poland sees it, if Poland wasn’t the name on the door when your ancestor was born, too bad… take it up with Germany or whatever other country was running the place at the time.

While unlikely, there is a chance you won’t qualify for Polish citizenship, but might have other family that qualify you for Lithuanian citizenship.

THE PROCESS OF CLAIMING POLISH CITIZENSHIP BY DESCENT
Claiming a Polish passport isn’t easy. Like any citizenship by descent program, Poland’s government operates at a slow pace.

Before claiming your second passport, you must first prove that you are eligible for Polish citizenship. This is done by sending a biography and filling out forms — all in Polish — to your local Polish embassy.

You will also have to collect the birth dates of yourself and all of your Polish ancestors since first emigration, as well as information on other military service or citizenships that are part of your family tree.

Then you wait. In some cases, people have reported waiting one year or more to hear back. And the response is often “send us more proof”.

My citizenship by descent lawyer tells me Polish cases are some of the toughest out there. For the reasonable fees he charges, I would highly recommend a lawyer for the process. While countries like Ireland can be done on your own (although lawyers are quite cheap), doing your own Polish citizenship case might leave you pulling your hair out.

If you have legitimate Polish heritage and know your family history, it may be worth working toward your second passport. Like any citizenship by descent, you will need to have patience as the process can easily take 1-2 years, and you may waste lots of time only to find out you don’t meet Poland’s strict standards.

However, the process is pretty cheap if you are willing to do the work on your own. I always recommend seeking out a second passport from your family tree before working on second residencies or buying a passport. Just know what you’re in for.

ZINIBANKS:

Can you give birth in Poland to get their citizenship
If you and your wife is non EU citizens
Re: Living And Working Poland by energylee(m): 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
Can one get work from abroad or how is migration done to Poland
Re: Living And Working Poland by oginnite(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2020
Good Morning Team, Please i need your help this, my Brother is presently in turkey as a student, but due to the nature of the country, he couldnt cope anymore so he decided to apply for Poland school admission and he has since been given admission. Now, we are looking for the way forward, he want to apply for Poland student Visa from Turkey that he is currently. Any idea about what he needs to due right now. I will appreciate your help Guys. Thanks
Re: Living And Working Poland by Nickigold(f): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thanks for the advise..pls how can an O level lady travel to Canada..I have a 7years old daughter..pls what are the ways I can travel and the cost I don't have millions but I have being able saved close to 2million

Pls help me
I don't mind thru study

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Get Hard Copy Of Nigerian Internationalpassport / Suggest A Cheaper South East / South South State For Relocation / Direction To Azikiwe Road, Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.