Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,794 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Would You Say About This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Would You Say About This? (199 Views)

How Do You Say "Business" In Your Tribe? / Dad, I Used My School Fees To Play Bet9ja & I Won 25M Naira – What Would You Say / What Can You Say About MIROPASS-A-MART Are They Genuine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Say About This? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good day to you all.

this have been happening for like almost a month now. I have been seeing it as a very annoying and displeasing issue.

A man newly setup a cyber cafe or more like business center shop. Immediately he requested for a worker, I saw the notice and applied.

He got me employed, during the first week of business, I was always at the shop, but no customer was at sight.

this is where the issue is.(below)

first, I thought the man was considering the fact that I was staying from morning till evening with out doing anything would waned me out and weary, he started sending me home early as 4pm.

secondly, I find out that the generator we use as source of electricity for work had been taken out from the shop, I asked him, he said he took it home. I inquired about what we are to use incase customers come. he said he will bring it back (which he never did till now).

though, sometimes, NEPA gives light but as unreasonable as it is, you can't trust NEPA because it is not stable.

now we start having customer, but no light to work, even before this I complained severally to him, I even lied to him that customers are coming inorder to get the generator in case of necessity. All he would say is rambles and crumbles about theft and burglary whereas we secured the shop with all kinds of security locks and door.

A customer came today and left because no light to do the job.

now if it keeps happening, how would we be taken serious? how are we keeping customer?

Also this is a fresh business, despite the fact that he is paying me, I am considering leaving the job. He is not showing a bit of seriousness.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say About This? by Sadiq001: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
My little idea oh
I guess he's not serious with business and least you know, he's killing your zeal.
Re: What Would You Say About This? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Sadiq001:
My little idea oh
I guess he's not serious with business and least you know, he's killing your zeal.

I brought up the issue again to him, and he still recite his favorite rhyme,: "I will bring it tomorrow".

if he doesn't keep to his word this time, I will quit.
Re: What Would You Say About This? by Sadiq001: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2020
If staying at home would be better for you then quit... but I still think you should just continue, at least you de leave house. that alone is a sign of Responsible person.
Re: What Would You Say About This? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2020
Sadiq001:
If staying at home would be better for you then quit... but I still think you should just continue, at least you de leave house. that alone is a sign of Responsible person.

thanks..

things are going quite nice now.

he brought the generator two days ago.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Say About This? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
SilGent:

thanks..

things are going quite nice now.

he brought the generator two days ago.

Kudos to you; you did well with your persistence.
A lazy person would have sat there unconcerned, as long as salary is still coming.
That's what killed the Nigeria civil service.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Ebook: Start Your Own Perfumeoil Business Even With Zero Capital. / Lectera Courses / Make $420 In 2weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.