Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Stop Using My Name Indiscriminately To Sell Newspapers - Kalu Blast NDDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Using My Name Indiscriminately To Sell Newspapers - Kalu Blast NDDC (145 Views)

Amnesty International: Boko Haram, Military Killing Aged People Indiscriminately / The Brave Nnmadi Kalu Blast Buhari [ Watch Video] / Stop Using Me For Comedy, Buhari Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Using My Name Indiscriminately To Sell Newspapers - Kalu Blast NDDC by linx123: 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nigerian Senate Chief Whip and former governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, on Monday reacted to the inclusion of his name by Niger Delta Development Commission as a contract beneficiary.

Kalu in his defense said NDDC has not paid the contractors who constructed the roads he facilitated.

The embattled senator was reacting to The PUNCH report from a document, which the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, attached to the letter he submitted to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, on July 23.

Recall that NDDC few days ago released a list of those that were awarded contracts by the commission, some names of past governors and security chiefs were contained in the list. Read here

Akpabio, in the document, which was published in The Punch on Monday, August 3, had linked ex-governors Emmanuel Uduaghan, James Ibori, Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu and others to the several contracts allotted by the NDDC.

However, Kalu in a statement signed by Barrister Emeka Nwala of office of the Senate Chief Whip and made available to our correspondent on Monday, said he believed that the issues at stake in the NDDC had to do with missing funds and not works done.

He added that he was becoming worried over his name being used indiscriminately to sell newspapers without verifications.

The Chief Whip said the road projects mentioned by the Honourable Minister are the interventions he facilitated for the communities as a private citizen before he became a Senator.

Kalu revealed that his name was mentioned because.....................https://janefblog.com/14614-2stop-using-my-name-indiscriminately-to-sell-newspapers-kalu-blast-nddc/

Re: Stop Using My Name Indiscriminately To Sell Newspapers - Kalu Blast NDDC by Brandstudio01: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hnnm
Did he give himself the contract?
Re: Stop Using My Name Indiscriminately To Sell Newspapers - Kalu Blast NDDC by Baawaa(m): 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
Your name is salable in the bad market grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

COSEYL Carpets Iheoma, Insists T.A Orji, Son Have No Corruption Case To Answer / Edo 2020: Akwa Ibom Indigenes In Ovia South West LGA Endorse Ize-iyamu Akwa Ibo / Hi Buddies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.