Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

*Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua (743 Views)

Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance / Anselm Ojezua: Oshiomhole Lied, We Notified Him That We Wanted Indirect Primary / Anselm Ojezua Reacts To Inauguration Of 8 Lawmakers In Edo Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by chrisxxx(m): 5:40am On Aug 04, 2020
*Edo Guber: "We don’t have a candidate" - APC state Chairman, Anselm Ojezua insist.*

*You would recall that the APC state Chairman, Barr. Anselm Ojezua had last week declared that his party, the APC has no candidate in the forthcoming Edo governorship election, hence he is not campaigning. In a bid to get more details from him, journalists quickly accosted him at the gate of Edo State press Centre where he was seen driving out hastily in order to avoid the prying eyes of the journalists who were also trying to see who the important person in the car was. Upon sighting him, they quickly swam on him to confirm the report that emanated from the Social media where he stated that his party had no candidate in the election and as such, there is no campaign for him this year until 2024.*

*He, however, confirmed the social media report by saying “yes, it is true I made the statement but I didn’t release it to the press and I don’t know how it got out. I said it over lunch with party faithful who visited me to ascertain the development of things as it concerns the forthcoming election. I thought it was important to set the record straight. It is true we don’t have a candidate as a party and it is quite unfortunate despite my several warnings to members of the then EPM about the consequences of their desperate struggle for political power but they didn’t listen”.*

*“Recall our last acting national chairman of APC, Mr Giadom had written to INEC informing them that he has not set up a committee to conduct any election in Edo and whatever they were doing there was a sham. And the letter was acknowledged by INEC. He didn’t withdraw the letter before he handed over to the new chairman, the Yobe state government and as such that letter still stands. I also made my statement then when I said I haven’t seen any of the APC aspirants apart from the two that submitted themselves to me. And the two were eventually disqualified. So, I am in alignment with the statement of my former acting national chairman, Mr Giadom that we have no candidate in this Edo election and it is very unfortunate.*

*When journalists asked him what the plans are now that it has been confirmed APC has no candidate for the election, he said “ we need to regroup and remind ourselves about the ideals that brought us together and make a decision whether we want to follow those ideals or purnewsour individual ideals. I believe this kind of discussion is very important in order to effectively prepare for 2024. Essentially, we are looking at 2024 now because this one is gone”*

*We don’t have a candidate- APC state Chairman, Anselm Ojezua insist.*

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=d7f93628db7bf42db9f6cbffd9bb8657&news_entry_id=4fbe1098200802en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=SEARCH_NEWS_TOP_0b3a8f3d-3c93-4188-8ad0-6a6b512843a3&from=news
Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:45am On Aug 04, 2020
APC is just being stupid in all ramifications including their useless support especially those one at the waste side of the zoo

2 Likes

Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 04, 2020
Haha
I laff in Swahili
Zombees how market

1 Like

Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by SoftP(m): 6:16am On Aug 04, 2020
The story just dey get the right sauce

grin grin
Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by kahal29: 6:22am On Aug 04, 2020
Story story story..... Obaseki go and campaign.

Ojezua Forget this una plan because it won't work. It worked before but it won't work now because the people are now smart and wise.

Ojezua even though you are living in denial let me remind You that your party has a candidate which was ratified by the NEC of your party in a meeting which you attended.

Besides, the same NEC set up the present caretaker committee which submitted your party's candidate name to INEC.

Finally, why are you people foot dragging and afraid of going to court to seek redress? It is because any negative Court decision which affects Edo will automatically snowball into Ondo. Your fellow coup plotters know this fact and that is why they are doing Hide and seek.

For your information we have our eyes in all the FHC, including FCT and Benin High courts where such matters can be filled and frivolous exparte orders granted.

We are watching every one of your moves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by Openbusiness4: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2020
Hmmmmmm, ok
Re: *Edo Guber: "We Don’t Have A Candidate" - APC State Chairman, Anselm Ojezua by MajesticKris: 6:47am On Aug 04, 2020
Obaseki no need campaign again ohhh...

wow I dey your back sir....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023, Which Way Nigeria? Tribalism Has Eaten Us Up / Edo 2020: Large Crowd At PDP Mega Rally In Benin City / Akure End Sars Protest Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.