Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Is There A Football Player That You Despise? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is There A Football Player That You Despise? (849 Views)

Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Types Of Nigerians You Will See At A Football Viewing Centre (Memes) / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by 01pudesseld: 6:12am On Aug 04, 2020
In my candid view; Cristiano Ronaldo.

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by Charleys: 6:15am On Aug 04, 2020
Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

I still hate that guy.

You won't understand, this guy was a football heart breaker.
This guy has scored more offside goals than any player I know.

If there was VAR back then, this guy will beat VAR to score.
Always anticipating where his opponents will be.

And lastly he loves diving to cause penalty. Na that diving pain me pass.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by rawpadgin(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2020
Charleys:
Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

I still hate that guy.

attributes of a typical no 9. I love ruud boy!

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by rawpadgin(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2020
I hated Sergio Ramos & Sergio busquet but as I grow older I realized it's totally stupid to be hating on someone who is doing the job he's been paid to do regardless of how he does it

Now I enjoy watching every footballers even the dirty Arturo Vidal....

That's what makes football more interesting

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by Nbotee(m): 7:20am On Aug 04, 2020
rawpadgin:
I hated Sergio Ramos & Sergio busquet but as I grow older I realized it's totally stupid to be hating on someone who is doing the job he's been paid to do regardless of how he does it

Now I enjoy watching every footballers even the dirty Arturo Vidal....

That's what makes football more interesting

Exactly.... They get their job done no matter how dirty it looks
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by paulolee(m): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2020
once hated...
1..gattuso
2..Ramos..
bt as time goes by, i ended up loving them d more....
but for now its Liverpool trio of wijladrum, Arnold and origi that i gat soft personal beef for.
dnt ask me why, mayb bcoz am a barca fan....especially dt Arnold guy but would like to see him in barca though..

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by Charleys: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2020
Lalasticlala

That italian striker Balotelli

Why always me

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by ojaysam25(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2020
Mine is messi....because he does not need statistics to win balon d hor....or golden ball, players who score more than him and perform more will always get ditched...
While Ronaldo must need to rack up goals and trophy to be considered for an award.
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by popweezy(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
ojaysam25:
Mine is messi....because he does not need statistics to win balon d hor....or golden ball, players who score more than him and perform more will always get ditched...
While Ronaldo must need to rack up goals and trophy to be considered for an award.
this is funny
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by joviegghead: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ramos

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by joviegghead: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
ojaysam25:

So you sat comfortably to type this rubbish.

The footballing world has set it standard for Messi higher than any other player.
Every season, Messi is expected to win championship league. Why? Because his performances in cup and league matches are always top notch and everyone is tired to seeing him dominate locally and statistically across Europe . It's either he performs in UCL or forget. World cup wahala is still on is neck

Same can't be said for Ronaldo. Once he scores 20+ league goals, people start shouting for him to be given ballon d'or. How many times do you hear people setting world cup has a standard for Ronaldo? Never.
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by puremaker7(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
messi, simply because he scored two penalty against Nigeria in final at U20 World Cup 2005 Holland

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by ojaysam25(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
joviegghead:

The footballing world has set it standard for Messi higher than any other player.
Every season, Messi is expected to win championship league. Why? Because his performances in cup and league matches are always top notch and everyone is tired to seeing him dominate locally and statistically across Europe . It's either he performs in UCL or forget. World cup wahala is still on is neck

Same can't be said for Ronaldo. Once he scores 20+ league goals, people start shouting for him to be given ballon d'or. How many times do you hear people setting world cup has a standard for Ronaldo? Never.
Thats because he play for a national team without prestige....and has done considering well with them...be honest had Ronaldo been an argentine would he have won nothing with them till now.
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by OfficialJayy: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
joviegghead:

Did messi perform in the ucl last year when he won the balon dor?

And also unlike messi, cr7 can never be judged based on a world cup trophy cuz of the team he plays for.... The fact that cr7 has a trophy with portugal is a miracle itself
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by maxwell530(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Did messi perform in the ucl last year when he won the balon dor?

And also unlike messi, cr7 can never be judged based on a world cup trophy cuz of the team he plays for.... The fact that cr7 has a trophy with portugal is a miracle itself
Messi was UCL highest goal scorer last season, any season Barca fail to win UCL you always conclude Messi had a bad season.he scored 12 goals last season in UCL,the closest to him was lewandolski with 8, Ronaldo scored 6.
You just end up proving the guy you quoted right.

How can someone be the best player in the tournament he played and someone still think he underperformed just because he didn't win the tournament.
That's the standard Lionel Messi have set for himself.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by obonujoker(m): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2020
Charleys:
Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

I still hate that guy.

Still a better goal scorer and striker than thiery Henry and Samuel Eto'o... Although those two are better all round footballers
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by Ajstyles01(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2020
Di maria

1 Like

Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by OfficialJayy: 8:58am On Aug 05, 2020
maxwell530:
Messi was UCL highest goal scorer last season, any season Barca fail to win UCL you always conclude Messi had a bad season.he scored 12 goals last season in UCL,the closest to him was lewandolski with 8, Ronaldo scored 6.
You just end up proving the guy you quoted right.

How can someone be the best player in the tournament he played and someone still think he underperformed just because he didn't win the tournament.
That's the standard Lionel Messi have set for himself.

Since when does being the highest goal scorer in a competition equate to being the best player??
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2020
ROJO. simply because the last minute goal he scored against NIGERIA in the past world cup pained me down to my bone marrow. Nigeria would have given france a run for their money.
Re: Is There A Football Player That You Despise? by div111(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ramos.

Ronaldo- coz he's always receiving the praises when his teammates who suffered for most of the goals he scores(tapins, penalties.) are not hailed.

lastly- rojo, that world cup goal chattered my heart

(1) (Reply)

Visual Bet Bot Software Paying Rapidly / This People Have Scammed Me Of My Earnings / Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.