Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. (844 Views)

Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo / Manchester United Fans Protest On Pitch At Old Trafford Stadium (Photos, Video) / Manchester United Fans Protest Against Club Owners At Training Ground (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by Penguin2: 6:30pm On May 02, 2021
This is sports related topic but permit me to post it in politics section because of the political and racial undertones I would wanna be bringing into it.

Manchester United club is owned by the Glazier Family who are Americans.

But it seems some English fans of the club are not happy that the club is owned by Americans. I say this because inasmuch as the recent protest is triggered by the botched ESL saga, the “Glaziers Out” banners have always been on display in recent years during football matches involving Manchester United especially when the fortunes of the club is not very pleasing to the fans.

Now why are the Glaziers always the target?

Until the ESL saga, no one has ever said Kreonke out or Abrahimovichi out. So why always them?

For crying out loud, this is their private business acquired with personal funds. How do you expect to boot a man out of his multibillion dollar business through protests? Even the UK govt can’t do anything about it.

Now imagine these fans were Africans...

Even fellow Africans will follow in accusing us of how we are uneducated black monkeys without knowledge of how private investments work.

If it had been Africans that invaded a pitch animalistically that way, the world would have been reminded of how much of a lesser humans we are.

I thought they said these people are educated?

Who will call the Europeans Monkeys now?
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by budaatum: 6:52pm On May 02, 2021
For crying out loud, this is their private business acquired with personal funds.

You are very wrong with the above if nothing else.

Football teams are not anyones private business even if acquired with your personal funds. Your supporters are very important you'd find, many of them having supported the team for generations and at least long before you invested your personal funds in the team which included the supporters that made it worth you investing in in the first place.

You will find that if you forget this little fact your investment in a football team will be worth much less than you invested and you'd eventually have to cut your loss and disinvest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by iammo(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2021
This is the problem of Privatisation, or Public Private Partnership
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by Penguin2: 7:30pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

You are very wrong with the above if nothing else.

Football teams are not anyones private business even if acquired with your personal funds. Your supporters are very important you'd find, many of them having supported the team for generations and at least long before you invested your personal funds in the team which included the supporters that made it worth you investing in in the first place.

You will find that if you forget this little fact your investment in a football team will be worth much less than you invested and you'd eventually have to cut your loss and disinvest.

So what are these protests gonna achieve?
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by budaatum: 7:38pm On May 02, 2021
Penguin2:

So what are these protests gonna achieve?

What did the protests against the proposed super league achieve? What have past protests against club owners achieved? We can study history to find out.

Funny enough, I am battling against protests elsewhere, lol, but I suppose the circumstances differ somewhat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by AfonjaConehead: 7:45pm On May 02, 2021
iammo:
This is the problem of Privatisation, or Public Private Partnership

Ejoor e gbenue jare,jeki n awon to n kawe soro,thank you very much.
grin
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by paulolee(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2021
this is unfair comparison....the demarcation between them and African is too much..
the only section African are playing catch up very swiftly and even doing better than them is religion...
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by Penguin2: 8:26pm On May 02, 2021
budaatum:

What did the protests against the proposed super league achieve? What have past protests against club owners achieved? We can study history to find out.

Funny enough, I am battling against protests elsewhere, lol, but I suppose the circumstances differ somewhat.

Lol.

I do not think that any business man will abandon his business because some set of disgruntled juveniles are throwing tantrums.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by kenzysmith: 3:24am On May 03, 2021
To me the club is going to the right direction why the protest? Glazers has spend heavily on transfers even shattered the English record 3 times in the process what do the fans want again?
Re: Fans Protest Against The Glaziers: If It Had Been Africans. by budaatum: 3:25am On May 03, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol.

I do not think that any business man will abandon his business because some set of disgruntled juveniles are throwing tantrums.

I'm sure a smart businesperson will ensure their revenue does not drop to the point that they'd need to abandon their business before it goes bankrupt.

Just see how quickly the proposed super league was abandoned because of those so called tantrums.

Why did the English teams drop out?

It appears they were taken aback by the strength of criticism (tantrums, you called it).

Arsenal apologised in an open letter to their fans and said they had "made a mistake", adding they were withdrawing after listening to supporters and the "wider football community".

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said the club regretted the "anxiety and upset" caused by the proposal.

Manchester United said they had "listened carefully to the reaction from our fans, the UK government and other key stakeholders," in making their decision.

Super League: Why have the plans collapsed?

(1) (Reply)

'I Feel Very Nigerian' - Former Chelsea Star Tomori Explains Meaning Of His name / Lukaku Questions The Act Of Taking A Knee Before A Football Match / Antonio Rudiger Has Decided Not To Sign A New Deal With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.