Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua (417 Views)

My Suspension By Ayu Last Kick Of A Dead Horse — Fayose / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned / Agbazuere: 'Enemies Behind My Suspension, No Cause For Alarm' - Ex Abia CoS Brag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by akimalasan: 6:57am On Aug 04, 2020
PRESS STATEMENT
By PRINCE KASSIM AFEGBUA

OF SUSPENSION BY "TAX COLLECTORS" AND OTHER MATTERS.

I would not have glorified the PDP leadership with a response concerning the one month so-called suspension placed on me but for the deluge of calls I got from concerned Nigerians who insisted that they deserve to have my response. I saw a letter purportedly written by my Ward 5 executives on social media, unsigned with no name attached, saying I have been suspended for one month. At first, I wondered why it took this long for the leadership to armtwist those young unemployed youths whom I have fought for to add value to their lives, before a supposed letter finally emanated from them.

They have severally told me of the pressure and threat to their lives by the party's leadership especially the inchoate party chairman, who appears drunk with his new fond candidate that is feasting fat on our collective patrimony. I am told how he tried to breathe down the throat of those young boys in my ward, insisting on invoking a suspension order on me. For your information, it does not matter how many months you suspend me, you can even decide to expel me from PDP, so that I can free myself from the grip of "tax collectors" who have found a new trading routes to their pockets. My point remains very sacrosant that you cannot grab a man's trousers by the pockets and thereby gifting him the party's ticket, without appearing drunk with unreason.

I hold no grudge with those boys in my Ward, who have been compelled to issue a suspension letter to me supervised by a quack doctor who has been "slaughtering" people in my community. This situation will afford me the opportunity to interrogate persons who have been part of those conspirators to reap us off as Okpellans in our quest for our rightful place in the scheme of things. My position remains unshaken irrespective of the manipulative conduct that has exposed the rotten underbelly of a party that is steeped in tax collection from would-be aspirants. My cause is simple: to place Okpella above self in our quest for our deserved place in the affairs of the state. I have made the point so eloquently loud and clear, and any Governor would not neglect us based on the pedestal we presently occupy.

I do not really need any political party to exhibit my political choices and persuasions. I am neither a government contractor nor one who hustles for the perks of office. My interest is predominantly anchored on the future of Okpella and its place in the scheme of things as the politics of the state structures its own compass. I am aware, thus far, that no elected Governor would dare take us for granted again. The elections are by the corner and we as Okpellans, are resolute to deliver the four Wards for Pastor Osagie Ize Iyamu. That position is not negotiable, and we would religiously guide our loins to ensure we deliver our votes without equivocation.

I do not intend to appear before any tax collectors in the name of disciplinary committee. To me, that is even an affront to say the least. How can new comers into a party be deciding who is to be suspended or retained as members. That is the power of illicit money being deployed arbitrarily to compel everyone to submission. I am not going to be Governor Obaseki's fan or supporter. I am driven by my conviction and conscience, and no amount of inducement can alter that reality. Those "tax collectors" who have found a new mine field to butter their bread, can have a field day, but the victory of evil over good can only be temporary.

I remain unequivocal about my support for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and will ensure that I mobilise enough votes for him in the four Wards of Okpella. Having earlier described me as "inconsequential", I am wondering why they now suddenly remember I am relevant to warrant suspension. I am actually waiting for their expulsion in good time. My votes cannot be suspended or expelled. My thumb is my power.

Signed.......

PRINCE KASSIM AFEGBUA

PDP WARD 5, OKPELLA.

ETSAKO EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT.
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by heykims(m): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2020
Jokere
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by Mo3891: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2020
Obaseki is now in PDP expect it to collapse soon , with ward level suspension and other nonsense
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by QuotaSystem: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Confusion in the camp of the enemy.

It can only get better.
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by Maxymilliano(m): 7:20am On Aug 04, 2020
I remain unequivocal about my support for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and will ensure that I mobilise enough votes for him in the four Wards of Okpella.

He is not doing anything different from what he did in the previous election, yet Obaseki was declared the winner.
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2020
Nobody expected anything different...

1 Like

Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by FlordFlorez(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2020
A political motherf**king mole! He should be expelled immediately.
He has been a mole.

1 Like

Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by vikithor(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2020
Prince of Egypt,Pharoah has a letter for you,come and take,read and tell me what and how you understand it.

Call us to learn how to drive better than Lagos danfo and molue drivers.You will also learn about how to carry out basic vehicle checks maintenance.Don't be part of those ignorant drivers who drive until vehicle engine knocks and park up,cos they don't know how to check for engine needs.
See out contacts below for calls or whatsapp.
Re: My Suspension By TAX COLLECTORS In Edo_ Kassim Afebua by searchng4love: 9:50am On Aug 04, 2020
cool they just want to do roads for a million dollars per kilometre

(1) (Reply)

APC Allegedly Attempts To Bring In New Members To The Edo House Of Assembly / Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It / Ondo 2020: A Two Horse Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.