Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent (20776 Views)

Banks Raise ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦‎200,000 / CBN Crashes Treasury Bills Rates To Single Digits / Oil Price Stabilises As Brent Crude Gains At $65.30 Per Barrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by masterP042(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Everywhere is bad news men... In this covid, what business can one actually do, to pay back 30% interest comfortably. And these fvcking banks don't even add interest to their customers, irrespective of the big money they make from loans

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Nbotee(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Sysdatek:
Na mumu dey keep money for bank with this our inflation rate

We have agric tech
And many other opportunities in stocks and fx to grow wealth

If 1M does not yield at least 50k a month wherever I keep it. Its waste of money undecided

If your savings dont grow at least 30% per annum. Your losing money in this economy

Abeg baba what investment options can U recommend.. If I tell U how much yields jus over 90k a month U go stone me
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by integrity16(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2020
God help business owners in this country.
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by yemionline(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2020
May God help us all.
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by posty56: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2020
Sysdatek:

We have agric tech

If 1M does not yield at least 50k a month wherever I keep it. Its waste of money undecided

If your savings dont grow at least 30% per annum. Your losing money in this economy
I am planning on doing fixed deposit do you think it is a good idea
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by byinks(f): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
As a Niggerian you get screwed from every quarter and instead of people to fight getting screwed they blame you for getting screwed.

You said it all
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Royalfurnitures: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2020
This means more trouble for borrowers,how can the economy grow with this ?

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Omooba77: 9:24am On Aug 04, 2020
IMASTEX:
Isn't that too small, expected 95%. Since the real businessmen easily have access to the fund in the first place.

Yes oh, the govt is working very hard to create a workable business environment, at least the person just still need to pay: company rent, taxes, bank charges, wast bills, power bills & yet get a generator on standby with high cost of diesel, security, patch the road in front of the office, etc.

Lol..... You forgot to mention agbero and touts.......
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by nedekid: 9:24am On Aug 04, 2020
These banks are mad, especially Fcmb.
I did not run the account as usuall due to the covid 19 issue over the past months. Even if I had to make payments through that account I will transfer money into it.
Just recently as i am about restarting my business, I logged into the account only to find out I had - 3600 shocked how manage? Fcmb we all know does not give over draft and neither did I apply for one. They do not give loans despite all the crap on their website. Even when I asked for petty loan during covid 19, 50-100k they said I did not qualify despite the fact I have ran the account for many years with daily deposit and withdrawals.
Now I left little balance in the account for months with little transaction that did not bellefull them they wiped out my balance and put my account in negative. Howww?
If there service charge on no account balance??
Seems Nigerian banks now struggle with customers on the little change in their account.

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Openbusiness4: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Tina001:
Okay. I kukuma hate borrowing cry
nobody likes it, na condition dey make engineer turn to banker
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by nedekid: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2020
posty56:

Better change your money to fx to be safe.
The interest on FD does not cover the money you loose from inflation how much more profit.

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Barryseal: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2020
Singapore lending rates stands at 5% interest for small businesses and IT companies.
30% interest rate is hell.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by apache4: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2020
I think that question should be directed to your darling daddy , mortgaging the life's of the common man is his goal .

MANNABBQGRlLL:
Not too long ago, CBN forced banks to give out loans. So they did not cap the interest rate?

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Tina001(f): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2020
Openbusiness4:
nobody likes it, na condition dey make engineer turn to banker

Yea I know but some still like am. live within your limit but some people will borrow to impress.. Na wetin dey happen, nor be say
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by authority2006(m): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2020
Sysdatek:

We have agric tech

Investment
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by cardoso514: 9:34am On Aug 04, 2020
First, it was death of Treasury Bills to discourage savings
Now it is huge interest on loans
All these are killing business and investments
Which business can survive this harsh rate!
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by JimmyfixDesigns: 9:34am On Aug 04, 2020
To all those saving money in the banks. You have millions there laying fallow and your fellow man is suffering. Just because you have more opportunities than them?

The bank is using your money to make billions and they give you peanuts. These same useless banks are selling recharge cards that the poor should be doing.

It's time we woke up from this stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by authority2006(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2020
nedekid:
These bank are mad, especially Fcmb.
I had not run the account as usuall due to the covid 19 issue. Even if I had to make payments through that account I will transfer money into it.
Just recently as i am about restarting my business, I logged into the account only to find out I had - 3600 shocked how manage? Fcmb we all know does not give over draft and neither did I apply for one. They do not give loans despite all the crap on their website. Even when I asked for petty loan during covid 19, 50-100k they said I did not qualify despite the fact I have ran the account for many years with daily deposit and withdrawals.
Now I left little balance in the account for months with little transaction that did not bellefull them they wiped out my balance and put my account in negative. Howww?
If there service charge on no account balance??
Seems Nigerian banks now struggle with customers on the little change in their account .

This practice is limited to FCMB only. It happened to my account with them, the same thing with my daughter's account with them, negative account balances. This is the second time I would experience that. Even their transfer form is now 1000 naira!

2 Likes

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by yinchar(m): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2020
I initially didnt want to reply but this rubbish has been going on for too long.

During this COVID 19 pandemic, ost countries all over the world has tremendously reduced this leading rate.

In US its less than 2%

South Africa that we are competing with has less that 7% reduced from 9% due to the pandemic.

Which country is that, and which leaders do we have?

The entire banking sector has been taken over by corrupt individual, cabals and capitalist. How can the banks be declaring Billions of dividends after tax and yet common people will borrow loan at over 30%.

How do you stimulate the economy, its simply not possible.

Yet, we have a President that is too dumb to take actions in critical areas of the economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2020
Nbotee:

Abeg baba what investment options can U recommend.. If I tell U how much yields jus over 90k a month U go stone me

Agri tech like agro rite . Farm crowdy et al
Also trading in the financial markets which I can teach free
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Temptee101(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2020
Where is the dullardic fake pastor who the cabals always send to scream ease of doing business to deceive their zombies like a she-goat on heat?

Nigeria is doomed

2 Likes

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2020
posty56:

waste of money and time

Consider agro
Learn to trade
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2020
for comparison check out the rate in other Africa country

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by EmagNig(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2020
No wonder my WEMA alat HAS REFUSED TO grant me the N10million loan I have been trying to request for the past 10 days.

It looks like they know I plan doing my wedding with the money.
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2020
authority2006:

This practice is limited to FCMB only. It happened to my account with them, the same thing with my daughter's account with them, negative account balances. This is the second time I would experience that. Even their transfer form is now 1000 naira!

i dey hail una who bankS with FCMB AND ACCESS BANK

UNA GET TIME OOO
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by echelonfashion(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2020
Why bother yourself about commercial bank interest rate, When you can asses Bank of industry loan for as loan as 10%.
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2020
These are the consequences of excessive borrowing by govt, when you re unable to payback your creditors you re at their mercy, you have to do whatever the creditor tell you to do including hurting your citizens.

1 Like

Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Arizonaz: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2020
Liquidating your money is the surest way to go.
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Check my sig
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by jagaban002(m): 10:13am On Aug 04, 2020
Sysdatek:

We have agric tech
And many other opportunities in traDing stocks and fx to grow wealth

It’s easily said that done , 1m to yield 50k monthly in Nigeria banks that’s highly impossible even 10m self no reach 50k for this Nigeria
Re: Banks Raise Lending Rates To 30 Per Cent by Clothingonline9(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2020
*329*10*133119# this code and click enrollment to benefit fcmb bank call card and data do it to all ur sim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Weakens To 917 Per Dollar - Bloomberg / CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up / Fish Farm Business Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.