Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) (384 Views)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / How Much Does Zenith Bank Pay It's Entry Level Staff? / Ugandan Court Clerk Suspended For Dressing Too "Sexy" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) by veroupdate(f): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoFPOMk7M96yi_eWSdzfgA?sub_confirmation=1

Jim Ovia is described as the ‘Godfather of banking in Nigeria’ by Forbes Africa, Jim Ovia is quite popular for his business dexterity and leadership skills, especially in the banking sector.

A Forbes cover story on him says, “Banking is where he began life as a clerk; it was also the vehicle that carried him to his fortune.”

Jim Ovia was born on the 4th of November, 1951 to the large family of Obi Olihe of Agbor-Obi, in Agbor, Delta State. Talking about early life challenges that could have truncated his future, Ovia wrote in his memoir:

“When I was just four years old, my father—who was in his mid-fifties—suffered a massive heart attack and died several weeks later due to inadequate medical facilities. Left to fend for herself and her family, my newly widowed mother called upon her intuitive entrepreneurial skills to set up her own small trading business.

“My oldest brother, who was almost twenty years my senior and working in Lagos, sent part of his wages home each month to help pay my school expenses.”

This was the condition that surrounded his early years, making him realize in time the importance of education. It later became his motivation to establish the James Hope College, a co-educational boarding school where 50% of the students are on scholarship.

Watch full video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhlZKwyAbA
Re: Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) by MANNABBQGRlLL: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2020
Nice
Re: Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) by Redoil: 9:04am On Aug 04, 2020
MANNABBQGRlLL:
Nice
some body sold to me a rotten bbq what do you think might be the cause
Re: Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2020
Redoil:
some body sold to me a rotten bbq what do you think might be the cause
Its nice with redoil actually, enjoy your package :X
Re: Jim Ovia: From A Clerk To Founder Of Nigeria’s Most Profitable Bank(zenith Bank) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Jim paid his dues

(1) (Reply)

Why My Neighbor Thinks I'm A Yahoo Boy / Business Analyst Fast-track Graduate Scholarship Programme / Football Agency License VS Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.