Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Are You Matured Enough? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Matured Enough? (122 Views)

Matured Minds, Advise Needed!!! / Are You Matured Enough? / Those Who Claim To Be Matured Believers But Are Afraid Of Being Beheaded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Matured Enough? by toyinaremu(f): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2020
'I want to have a relationship', I'm of age and at least I'm matured enough', and so on are what people say that leads them into relationship. What is maturity?

Maturity, in general, is of many things. Maturity in a love relationship is everything! First it is the ability to stay committed to the person you love with patience knowing that any differences will be merged gradually in the union. I mean growing together in the love relationship, mature love partners seek new ways to help each other grow.

The adult who is constantly changing partner especially because of little differences, is in a word immature.

Now maturity is not a function of physical (body structure or status quo) or spiritual attainment, so also is love maturity. That you're a spirit filled, tongue speaking person does not say you're matured for a marriage relationship. Yes! Some Christians cannot handle commitment nor do they know the importance of timing and communication in a relationship.

Mature love partners permit each other the freedom to pursue their individual interests and friends without restriction. This is when trust presents itself. Mature love allows this level of separateness to bring lovers closer together. In this scenario separateness is perceived as a bond, not a wedge. It encourages love partners to celebrate their own uniqueness. Mature love allows you fully to be yourself with your loved one.

This is not about age, it is all about your level of maturity, how matured are you to handle his/her past? Note, when I said it is not about age does not mean a teenager should rush into a relationship thinking he/she is matured, a matured person won't even rush.

Another thing to note is that, talking about maturity as growing together and working out differences does not mean staying in a relationship and enduring almost everything just because you want to show you're matured enough!

Let go of the things that can no longer be fixed. Holding on is being brave, but sometimes moving on makes you even tougher and matured!

Mature love partners have learned not to expect perfection in each other, they know that acceptance has its own reward. Each lover's differences test the other's capacity for acceptance, forgiveness and understanding. They never dance around issues, they discuss their imperfections lovingly, with care not to pass judgment with harmful words.

Acceptance and tolerance hold hands in the presence of unconditional love, they love unconditionally.

Lest I forget; a matured person won't expect sex in a relationship until marriage! That's just the fact! Maturity comes with an understanding of what is right or wrong.

Maturity is to be dependable. It means keeping your word. Dependability equates with personal integrity. This means no withholds/secrets. It means saying what needs to be said, with love. Do you mean what you say? Do you say what you mean?

However, maturity in relationships can also be learned. If you are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills, you can develop a mature perspective about relationships. We shall see that tomorrow and steps that will help in improving your maturity especially when you're in a relationship.

Are you now matured enough?

For more articles; visit www.kingdomelectyouth.com

(1) (Reply)

If And IF Alone / David Jeremiah Devotional – Bad Hair Day / His Death Brings Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.