Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's (330 Views)

Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life / Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Jewel1515(f): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2020
We are a media house creating awareness on cancer and we interview cancer Survivor's to create this awareness. You will be doing the world a great favour by telling your cancer story. Please contact us through my DM. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 04, 2020
Jewel1515:
We are a media house creating awareness on cancer and we interview cancer Survivor's to create this awareness. You will be doing the world a great favour by telling your cancer story. Please contact us through my DM. Thank you.
Involves cash? Survivor overseas
Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Jewel1515(f): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Involves cash? Survivor overseas

No my brother, no cash is involved. It is a t.v show.
Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2020
Jewel1515:

In Nigeria, there won't be many as they usually seek for care only when the cancer is already advanced.
As most cancers are not curable, early detection and aggressive treatment are the only hope of survival.
The high rate of ignorance, poverty, cultural and religious beliefs in the country are impacting negatively on early cancer detection and treatment, and this is limiting the number of survivors.
I believe the poor outcome of this programme will make you turn your attention on the above factors and encourage you to start campaigns on how to solve them.
Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Jewel1515(f): 2:54am On Aug 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

In Nigeria, there won't be many as they usually seek for care only when the cancer is already advanced.
As most cancers are not curable, early detection and aggressive treatment are the only hope of survival.
The high rate of ignorance, poverty, cultural and religious beliefs in the country are impacting negatively on early cancer detection and treatment, and this is limiting the number of survivors.
I believe the poor outcome of this programme will make you turn your attention on the above factors and encourage you to start campaigns on how to solve them.
The cultural and religious beliefs that has resulted to the death of many is one of the driving force behind this programme. I know of a friend's Mom that died from a health issue that could have been averted simply because her" daddy's in the Lord" said she needed no surgery.
I also know of another who would have gone through a successful mastectomy if not for her religious people, well she died and till date her daughter keeps saying that her mother was killed by her pastors.
There are so many things we would love to achieve with this programme, one of which is to let people know that Cancer is not a death sentence especially when it is detected early. And for the lady's a part of them which they consider an asset should not lead to their death. Many women in Nigeria would rather die than have their breast removed but this is not so in some other climate. There is a great need to educate people. A lady died of breast cancer because her husband refused mastectomy for her, according to him what will he suck? Well I believe he is not sucking that of a goat now that he is widowed.

1 Like

Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Jewel1515:

The cultural and religious beliefs that has resulted to the death of many is one of the driving force behind this programme. I know of a friend's Mom that died from a health issue that could have been averted simply because her" daddy's in the Lord" said she needed no surgery.
I also know of another who would have gone through a successful mastectomy if not for her religious people, well she died and till date her daughter keeps saying that her mother was killed by her pastors.
There are so many things we would love to achieve with this programme, one of which is to let people know that Cancer is not a death sentence especially when it is detected early. And for the lady's a part of them which they consider an asset should not lead to their death. Many women in Nigeria would rather die than have their breast removed but this is not so in some other climate. There is a great need to educate people. A lady died of breast cancer because her husband refused mastectomy for her, according to him what will he suck? Well I believe he is not sucking that of a goat now that he is widowed.

In fact, I raise all my four limbs and 20 digits for you!
You absolutely understood the problem at hand.
A doctor friend in Nigeria just yesterday informed me about a 30yr old female banker and lawyer whom he visited in another hospital yesterday where she was being transfused in portharcourt.
This lady was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with left breast cancer that has spread to her lungs and liver, and is not incurable.
She only went to the hospital when the disease has gone beyond her breast.
On enquiries, she said she noticed the lump over 6months ago but ignored it, because it was not painful.
This wrong notion about pain is very regrettable, widespread, and has led many to their early graves. Breast cancer DOES NOT cause pain usuuslly in its early stages. Pain only comes when the overlying skin has been involved and broken down to cause an ulcer/wound. The type that comes with pain from the beginning(called inflammatory breast cancer) is rare, and occurs mainly in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.

Now, she has been told about surgery, but has vigorously refused it.
Although, surgery at this late stage, won't reverse all the damages already caused, it would help reduce further spread to the vital organs, and remove the chance of it spreading to the skin of the breast and causing unbearable pain.
My greatest worry is that if an educated and financially stable banker and lawyer can be this negligent, how about our millions of poor and illiterate women all over the country?
There's a serious and urgent need for mass enlightenment campaigns about this disease.

1 Like

Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Jewel1515(f): 7:23am On Aug 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

In fact, I raised all my four limbs and 20 digits for you!
You absolutely understood the problem at hand.
A doctor friend in Nigeria just yesterday informed me about a 30yr old female banker and lawyer whom he visited in another hospital yesterday where she was being transfused in portharcourt.
This lady was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with left breast cancer that has spread to her lungs and liver, and is not incurable.
She only went to the hospital when the disease has gone beyond her breast.
On enquiries, she said she noticed the lump over 6months ago but ignored it, because it was not painful.
This wrong notion about pain is very regrettable, widespread, and has led many to their early graves. Breast cancer DOES NOT cause pain usuuslly in its early stages. Pain only comes when the overlying skin has been involved and broken down to cause an ulcer/wound. The type that comes with pain from the beginning(called inflammatory breast cancer) is rare, and occurs mainly in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.

Now, she has been told about surgery, but has vigorously refused it.
Although, surgery at this late stage, won't reverse all the damages already caused, it would help reduce further spread to the vital organs, and remove the chance of it spreading to the skin of the breast and causing unbearable pain.
My greatest worry is that if an educated and financially stable banker and lawyer can be this negligent, how about our millions of poor and illiterate women all over the country?
There's a serious and urgent need for mass enlightenment campaigns about this disease.
Thanks a lot, you made my morning.
Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by tilatalkshealth(f): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2020
It important that survirors speak out about their struggle and victories because they never know who they are giving hope by such actions and it will also help to bring actiin to the fact that people survive cancer and it not always a death sentence. I recently posted an article on how cancer survivors are the real warriors you can check it out here on nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cancer Survivor's Needed For Interview's by Jewel1515(f): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2020
tilatalkshealth:
It important that survirors speak out about their struggle and victories because they never know who they are giving hope by such actions and it will also help to bring actiin to the fact that people survive cancer and it not always a death sentence. I recently posted an article on how cancer survivors are the real warriors you can check it out here on nairaland.
I would to see it. Thanks dear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Hormonal Imbalance Most Talked About / . / Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.