Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor (330 Views)

Did You Know That Oyster Is A Good Sperm Booster. / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... / Blood In Semen, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor by YourhealthNG2(m): 2:13am On Sep 15, 2020
By Dr Ifeanyi J Okafor

September 14, 2020

For most married couples having children of their own is the next natural progression in their married life.

It takes two – a man and a woman with healthy reproductive systems – to make a baby.
The woman must release the egg, create conducive environment for it to get fertilized by the sperm, then carry and deliver the child.

On the part of the man, his sperm must be healthy and strong to reach and penetrate (fertilize) the woman’s egg.

To make fertilization happen, a man must be able to have and keep an erection, have sufficient quantity of sperm that are in the right shape and move in the right way, and have enough semen to carry the sperm to the egg.

A problem in any step in this process, whether on the part of the woman or man, may make achieving pregnancy difficult and this can lead to infertility.

In general, infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant (conceive) after at least one year of unprotected sex. This means that a couple is not able to become pregnant after a year of trying. However, because fertility in women is known to decline steadily with age, for women aged 35 and older, inability to conceive after 6 months of unprotected sex is considered by some doctors as infertility.

Males are solely responsible for 20–30% of infertility cases, while 20–35% are due to female problems, and 25–40% are due to combined problems in both couples. In 10–20% of cases, no cause for the infertility is found.

In this post, we will discuss semen analysis, an important and popular lab test to check for causes of male infertility, the qualities of a good sperm and what to do if your result returns abnormal.

Click to read:

https://www.yourhealthng.com.ng/2020/09/14/semen-analysis-the-qualities-of-a-good-sperm/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 15, 2020
This is great. I read it from the beginning to the end, it is really insightful.
More power to your elbow sir.

1 Like

Re: Semen Analysis: The Qualities Of A Good Sperm, What To Do If Your Result Is Poor by YourhealthNG2(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2020
eniolaamos7:
This is great. I read it from the beginning to the end, it is really insightful.
More power to your elbow sir.
Thank you. I'm glad you found it helpful

(1) (Reply)

COVID19: Man In Commercial Bus Wears Snake Instead Of Face Masks In England(pix) / Patient Check In System | Healthasyst / Please I Need Help...urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.