Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church (301 Views)

FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum / Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by madamgrace: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
The Archbishop of Kampala, Cyprian Kizito Lwanga has triggered a controversy after he suggested to the government of Uganda to start deducting tithe from salaries of workers.
According to him, if persuasion fails, force must be applied. “Since you don’t want to pay your tithes voluntarily, it may soon be deducted from your salaries at the source”.

Lwanga said, the reluctance of Christians to pay their tithes lately is posing a huge problem for the churches as they cannot undertake certain necessary projects.

The Catholic Archbishop made the unusual request to the Ugandan government during a mass.

“Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church.

“Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?” Lwanga asked his congregants.

The Clergyman said that in Germany, the government deducts 8-9 per cent church tax (Kirchensteuer) from annual earnings of workers who are registered as Catholics, Protestants or Jews, and he thinks the same must be done in Uganda.

“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches,” he said.

https://www.inform.ng/post/tithe-archbishop-asks-government-to-deduct-10-from-workers-salary-and-remit-to-church
Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by helinues: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
Only in Uganda
Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by IKBARUTEN11(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Naija politicians na thieves

So is this archbishop.

Reaping wat u did nt sow is thiefing
Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Fake News
Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by budaatum: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2020

Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
madamgrace:
The Archbishop of Kampala, Cyprian Kizito Lwanga has triggered a controversy after he suggested to the government of Uganda to start deducting tithe from salaries of workers.
According to him, if persuasion fails, force must be applied. “Since you don’t want to pay your tithes voluntarily, it may soon be deducted from your salaries at the source”.
Lwanga said, the reluctance of Christians to pay their tithes lately is posing a huge problem for the churches as they cannot undertake certain necessary projects.
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
madamgrace:
The Catholic Archbishop made the unusual request to the Ugandan government during a mass.
“Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church.
“Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?” Lwanga asked his congregants.

ROFLMAO!
madamgrace:
The Clergyman said that in Germany, the government deducts 8-9 per cent church tax (Kirchensteuer) from annual earnings of workers who are registered as Catholics, Protestants or Jews, and he thinks the same must be done in Uganda.
“I was told Germans made agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches,” he said.
ROFLMAO!
See wayo in broad day light.. in the name of God! How I go blame am..... He wants his own private Jet too!
Re: Archbishop Asks Government To Deduct 10% From Workers Salary And Remit To Church by 0temSapien: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is like saying, pls rob Peter to pay Paul grin
Christianity is filled with bunch of jokers cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imam Calls Christian Prince / Imminency Of The Rapture And One World Government / Drama As Church Members Beat ‘the Devil And His Demons’ With Sticks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.