Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Am Tired Of My Greedy Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Tired Of My Greedy Family (1682 Views)

I Am Tired Of My Wife / My Wife Is A Thief & Greedy: My One-Month Marriage About To Crash / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Godsown2000(f): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Am working my salary is 18000 monthly ... I give my parents 8000 monthly and d remaining money 4 my own needs toiletries, tp, lunch ... but my parents want more money from me ... they will ask to borrow 3000,5000 they don’t even care that I don’t have much left ... which they never paid back too... same as my siblings 2 are older Dan me ... my elder bro is very lazy he doesn’t want to hawk like his fellow mate but want me 2 take care of him with my money ... i have told my parents dat I don’t owe my bro anything if I refuse to give any of dem ... my parents will start abusing me ... reminding me about how I almost died when I was little and they had spent loads of money for my treatments... they will say things like I am stingy n they never appreciate what I give dem ... I received my last salary just few days back but as I am writing ... I have less than 2000 left with me ... because my parents had complains 8000 is not enough n they requested 12000 from me which I gave dem
... was left with 6000 n my brother asked me for 5000 which I refused to give him but my parents were angry with me n I had 2 give him 4000 ... I was in tears n angry dat I had quarrel with my parents .... I told dem one day I will leave for work and will never come back .... I am not in talking to any of dem ... I hate staying in this house with all dem ... they are very greedy n don’t want me to prosper in life... please I need your candid advice if the money that I am giving dem is small , am I overreacting ? Help me judge this matter before I ran mad

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
waiting for elders before I comment
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Humanoid01(m): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
I don't think you are overreacting. I think helping the family should partly be your responsibility, but giving your elder ones (who refuse to work) money is the main problem here, plus 12k out of an 18k salary is way too much. You need to take care of your own needs as you make more money. To make matters worse, you're a female. At least, that should make them feel ashamed.

I don't think your family is being fair to you, but try to relax and not allow anger captivate your heart -- things might get out of hand. Take it easy as you await better and more mature words of advice on this forum.

6 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by xynerise: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
Godsown2000:
Am working my salary is 18000 monthly ... I give my parents 8000 monthly and d remaining money 4 my own needs toiletries, tp, lunch ... but my parents want more money from me ... they will ask to borrow 3000,5000 they don’t even care that I don’t have much left ... which they never paid back too... same as my siblings 2 are older Dan me ... my elder bro is very lazy he doesn’t want to hawk like his fellow mate but want me 2 take care of him with my money ... i have told my parents dat I don’t owe my bro anything if I refuse to give any of dem ... my parents will start abusing me ... reminding me about how I almost died when I was little and they had spent loads of money for my treatments... they will say things like I am stingy n they never appreciate what I give dem ... I received my last salary just few days back but as I am writing ... I have less than 2000 left with me ... because my parents had complains 8000 is not enough n they requested 12000 from me which I gave dem
... was left with 6000 n my brother asked me for 5000 which I refused to give him but my parents were angry with me n I had 2 give him 4000 ... I was in tears n angry dat I had quarrel with my parents .... I told dem one day I will leave for work and will never come back .... I am not in talking to any of dem ... I hate staying in this house with all dem ... they are very greedy n don’t want me to prosper in life... please I need your candid advice if the money that I am giving dem is small , am I overreacting ? Help me judge this matter before I ran mad

So you have a grown ass brother who is too lazy to work but depends on you?

See, you can't kill yourself just to please everyone. If you have a friend who you can stay with pending when you rent your own apartment even if it is one room, pls do.

When you stay away from them for sometime, the lazy idiot will look for something to do.

Just stay far apart and send what you can afford to your parents from afar. If they still complain, tell them to sell the lazy one and satisfy themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by punisha: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Then do the needful...
Everyone knows your pay date. Kindly change what they have accepted as routine.
This month u tell them ur salary never came. Save all in etherum form and make sure they can't access your wallet.
Etherum is increasing like mad... So by this time next month ur 18k should have grown to about 24k with the rate it is growing.
U cut ur spending and ur budget a bit. Act the part. Suffer urself so they believe their cash cow needs help as well.
By December u have saved up-to 80k if u continue saving.
When they don't see ur salary come in and not see u spending...they will adjust and join u and be praying for ur boss to pay a salary that is busy multiplying.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Acidosis(m): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
You're not overreacting. Your folks are lazy and inconsiderate. Tell them you've lost your job.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by sweettease(f): 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lose the current job, get a new job and underreport your monthly wage by like 50%. Whether they are greedy or not, you have to support them but you also need to look out for yourself cause they are obviously inconsiderate. If you dont make a stand now, this will continue till you move to your husband's house and grow old. This will not stop. So either take a stand or play dumb and act like you have less than 50% of what you have at all times.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by chii8(f): 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
Do you know how to act?if yes.....

Return home one day and cry profusely like someone who lost something very dear, when they approach you to know why you are wailing,tell them your boss reduced your salary by 50percent.They will console you and everyone will be very happy with any little you gave them.

5 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Righteousness89(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Personally! I don't believe this!

How will Same Blood do this?

If this Really Happened, it's Pure Witchcraft!

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Amanee(f): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Why?
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Righteousness89(m): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Amanee:

Why?

It does not add up to me...

It's Absurd!
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Amanee(f): 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's Absurd!

Absurd in what way?
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Exmilitant(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
chii8:

Return home one day and cry profusely like someone who lost something very dear, when they approach you to know why you are wailing,tell them your boss reduced your salary by 50percent.They will console you and everyone will be very happy with any little you gave them.
You rugged.

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Exmilitant(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
But you commented.
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Exmilitant(m): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
Op, there is nothing wrong in assisting family members. Just be man or woman enough to know what amount to dole out to them and ensure you save something every month.
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by HornyTave: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
Do you know what's very funny? They didn't do you a favour by treating you when you were sick, it was their responsibility. Also it's your RESPONSIBILITY to be successful in life and bet me you'll never be successful in that house.

I would advise you to move out, it's hard, I know but it's the best thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Queenslander(f): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
chii8:

easier said than done,. What if her family goes to where she works to verify the authenticity of her claims?? Not a good idea. If you ask me? undecided
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Haywhymido(m): 12:51am On Aug 05, 2020
why did you tell them the exact amount you are being paid? Na their you take do yourself. Learn to give whatever you can afford and nothing more evenif they cry wolf except for emergency like hospital bill.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by LadySarah: 3:13am On Aug 05, 2020
What is 18k kwanu that everyone will chook eyes into?Is it 18k or 180k?Today is still 4th so how do you get through to the month end with 2k.

Subtly pressuring her into runs.

This one just off me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by LadySarah: 3:16am On Aug 05, 2020
So this is a new moniker created by Seun and Co to come and generate traffic for them.Drop a topic and disappear.

Watch how this Op will never reply these questions till the thread fizzles out. Kwantinue

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by kelechiodo(m): 7:06am On Aug 05, 2020
LadySarah:
So this is a new moniker created by Seun and Co to come and generate traffic for them.Drop a topic and disappear.

Kwantinue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by seborrhic: 7:17am On Aug 05, 2020
Amanee:

Why?
She claims to be on 18k salary,gives let's say on average 14k to parents and siblings.Left with 4k monthly and sometimes even less.For eg,after the last salary,she was left with just 1k.
Ask yourself how does she commute to work?
How does she feed?
How does she buy toiletries as a female on a monthly basis.
Unless she is into other runs which her parents and siblings know about and are not ashamed to indirectly be encouraging and are thus subtly using it to blackmail her into getting more money because they know she earns more money from her other runs.
That is the only logical reasoning here because she can't survive on the mere 3k she is left with monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Amanee(f): 8:17am On Aug 05, 2020
seborrhic:

She claims to be on 18k salary,gives let's say on average 14k to parents and siblings.Left with 4k monthly and sometimes even less.For eg,after the last salary,she was left with just 1k.
Ask yourself how does she commute to work?
How does she feed?
How does she buy toiletries as a female on a monthly basis.
Unless she is into other runs which her parents and siblings know about and are not ashamed to indirectly be encouraging and are thus subtly using it to blackmail her into getting more money because they know she earns more money from her other runs.
That is the only logical reasoning here because she can't survive on the mere 3k she is left with monthly.

Ok
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Humanoid01(m): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's Absurd!
Lol sir, you of all people should know that the world as we have it today is absurd, and crazy things are happening everywhere. These days, blood is no longer thicker than water as many blood relatives can harm themselves after a slight dispute. To me, the story adds up. I'd like to know your say.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by merieam16(f): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Hw do u cope? cos am really feeling for u. Hw do u transport urself to work with just few penny left.Ur older siblings dat should be giving u money er d one' collectin frm u...different family sha

I cant tell u nt 2 help ur family buh u just need to cut ur coat according to ur size
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Dtruthspeaker: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2020
You have already handled it. It is you who decides what you shall give.

And it is you who is deciding to kill your self for ungrateful lazy people.

And It is you who shall stop or limit it.

It is written "a man's own enemies are members of his household"
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by truespeak: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2020
You are in order!

But you know and they know, that you would eventually cave in to them for that you have always done so and until you stand up for yourself, it is going to continue.

No one takes food from the mouth of a Lion but the food of a sheep and even the sheep itself is always is eaten!
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Righteousness89(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2020
Humanoid01:

Lol sir, you of all people should know that the world as we have it today is absurd, and crazy things are happening everywhere. These days, blood is no longer thicker than water as many blood relatives can harm themselves after a slight dispute. To me, the story adds up. I'd like to know your say.

My Brother, if that happened, that's Pure Witchcraft!
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by xynerise: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, if that happened, that's Pure Witchcraft!

Everything is not spiritual
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Ugaboy: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2020
Family sucks, if u need to better your life, stay away from family for moment and better your life
they cant hinder u from saving, affect your focus, expecially if you are from struggling home.
you can live without your family, start a life outside and assist your parent with monthly stipend, it will go a long way of saving you from those depression and bugging.

meanwhile check my signature, those courses can change your status if you interested in high icome i.t skills
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Ugaboy: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

How will Same Blood do this?

If this Really Happened, it's Pure Witchcraft!
u have not said anything, she need your advice and not doubt
Re: Am Tired Of My Greedy Family by Righteousness89(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Ugaboy:
u have not said anything, she need your advice and not doubt

Sir , if you Give her an advice, would the World end? Or you Have Nothing to say?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protect Your Home And Business With Our Cctv Camera Packages / / One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.