Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers (32887 Views)

Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction / Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines / Oando Sacks 100 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by toprealman: 7:02am On Aug 05, 2020
These guys are massive......100+ pilots in their paybook ain't small balling
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by bayelsaowei(m): 7:03am On Aug 05, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Lockdown without economic stimulus, because foreign countries were doing; we joined them.
Tell me what the shabbily enforced lockdown achieved. Death rate before, during and after the lockdown remained constant.
Movement was never really shutdown, the only thing that experienced a lock down was the economy.
Africans must start using their brains one day,there will be a time we will be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, the only way out being to think
our govt is foolish..extremely foolish
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by AbuAeesha: 7:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

This is why is good to be self employed. No matter how much salary you earn, job wen no be your own no go ever be your own!

They must sack/retire you someday and the worst part be say e fit happen when you no get savings grin

Please if you are earning above 200k naira, Biko start small business for back up oh. Make you no come here d paste aza for us. We no fit fall for “local” scope
there are some professional careers that you just have to work for someone/organization.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Monlo(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2020
2mercy:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/08/04/just-in-bristow-helicopters-sacks-100-pilots-engineers/
I feel for them,because their job is not readily available,unlike other profession where you can easily start your own or even get another.But for them is one way or.........
Be wise when choosing your career path........
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Heavance(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

This is why is good to be self employed. No matter how much salary you earn, job wen no be your own no go ever be your own!

They must sack/retire you someday and the worst part be say e fit happen when you no get savings grin

Please if you are earning above 200k naira, Biko start small business for back up oh. Make you no come here d paste aza for us. We no fit fall for “local” scope
So you think these high income earners don't have a back up?
Or you think many of them have not invested in businesses, or long term investments?
Seriously I don't understand it when you people start this self employed talk, there are a lot of people who invest in businesses and earn what a self employed person can only dream of in 10years.
Some don't take the risk of being self employed, but invest in you who want to be self employed, and by that, you that is claiming self employed work for them.
Please let's stop all these motivational speeches that is already outdated. Being self employed is riskier and more consuming than being employed if you really know business. Then, check around you and see if the economy has not affected over 60% self employed people.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2020
Total 200 jobless pilot now.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by KOE1(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2020
I suggest that this sacked BIG MEN should not be disseminated to avoid POOR MEN from being sacked. Wetin be all these, some poor ventures will want to use that as excuses too.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by mvem(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Lockdown without economic stimulus, because foreign countries were doing; we joined them.
Tell me what the shabbily enforced lockdown achieved. Death rate before, during and after the lockdown remained constant.
Movement was never really shutdown, the only thing that experienced a lock down was the economy.
Africans must start using their brains one day,there will be a time we will be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, the only way out being to think
Do you know Many European companies etc are also laying off..
British airways for example are sacking thousands of staffs despite the Government incentive during the lockdown. Oga all economies in the world were affected, this is no Buhari issue. The Global lockdown caused it. Germany, UK, US, Japan etc have all entered recession with millions being lay off despite the palliatives and Government aids to companies

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Pacesetter123(m): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2020
martineverest:
name the countries that have moved on..... Philippines just entered another lockdown since Monday...Europe , especially Spain new cases have skyrocketed to about 2k from about 100 new cases daily...south America and California are being ravaged by corona

be informed
Orrrr,dis matter no be here..ooo
Lord have mercy on ur children!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Pacesetter123(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Naughtysite:

I will float my airlines too.
Yes,Edo Airline.We know it already.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by ipswitch: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2020
This wahala is becomimg too much. How will these coys settle all their staff? I only hope pension help some of them.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Myself2(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2020
Cosmatikka:
So we have over 150 unemployed pilots roaming the streets of Nigeria now.
No problem, I'll soon float my own airline, I'll absorb them. God no go shame us grin

The case of Bristol pilots is different. None of the sacked pilots was earning less than 3- 4 million naira monthly, aside work over allowance, also their redundancy payout na looters package
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Joshforeal: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Smart Man
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by saintade01(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Can you just shut up and read the article again. So Buhari invented covid-19.
This is the effect of the pandemic worldwide stop being an ignoramus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Beats Up Her Boss With A Mop Stick For Sending Inappropriate Texts / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? / A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.