Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,728 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers (32846 Views)

Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction / Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines / Oando Sacks 100 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by martineverest(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Lockdown without economic stimulus, because foreign countries were doing; we joined them.
Tell me what the shabbily enforced lockdown achieved. Death rate before, during and after the lockdown remained constant.
Movement was never really shutdown, the only thing that experienced a lock down was the economy.
Africans must start using their brains one day,there will be a time we will be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, the only way out being to think
u sound uninformed..what will u say about American and European airlines that have either dacked their staff or filed for bankruptcy?....Emirates sacked their workers some weeks ago
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by martineverest(m): 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:
The Buhari effect.

Lockdown without economic stimulus, because foreign countries were doing; we joined them.
Tell me what the shabbily enforced lockdown achieved. Death rate before, during and after the lockdown remained constant.
Movement was never really shutdown, the only thing that experienced a lock down was the economy.
Africans must start using their brains one day,there will be a time we will be stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, the only way out being to think
how does stimulus relate with sack of pilots?..learn to use ur brain pls
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by martineverest(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
datola:
And our governments are still busy with nonsense lockdown, releasing daily data while other serious countries of the world have moved on.

name the countries that have moved on..... Philippines just entered another lockdown since Monday...Europe , especially Spain new cases have skyrocketed to about 2k from about 100 new cases daily...south America and California are being ravaged by corona

be informed

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by einsteine(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

This is why is good to be self employed. No matter how much salary you earn, job wen no be your own no go ever be your own!

They must sack/retire you someday and the worst part be say e fit happen when you no get savings grin

Please if you are earning above 200k naira, Biko start small business for back up oh. Make you no come here d paste aza for us. We no fit fall for “local” scope

If you are self employed and there is economic downturn such that you don't have customers, how is that different from someone who was sacked?

For the self employed, the customers are your boss. If they can't patronise you, your business does not exist (effectively). So stop preaching self employment as a cure-all, it isn't

6 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by morris477(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ewoooo!
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by AregbeFufu: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
martineverest:
u sound uninformed..what will u say about American and European airlines that have either dacked their staff or filed for bankruptcy?....Emirates sacked their workers some weeks ago
Those countries had reason to shutdown the economy,we saw their death toll running into thousands. And even they failed to provide adequate stimulus. Even people in the hard hit countries are starting to realize how counter productive the lockdown was.
We had no reason to ground our economy,no reason at all.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Pacesetter123(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mcreloaded:
Is this not the same bristow helicopter that labour blocked their gates in Lagos complaining that expatriate pilots were earning more than Nigerian pilots, just asking.
Abi na vex them take cut chain
Nah dem.Even me,I just dey suspect foul play for dis dia action.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by AregbeFufu: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
martineverest:
how does stimulus relate with sack of pilots?..learn to use ur brain pls
Take your own advice.
How does stimulus not relate to sack of pilots.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Cosmatikka:
So we have over 150 unemployed pilots roaming the streets of Nigeria now.
No problem, I'll soon float my own airline, I'll absorb them. God no go shame us grin

I will float my airlines too.

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
The Ripple down effects won't be funny. The President and the Vice President better seat up ...this is the time they better invite the Joseph's(men of wisdom,that has the spirit of God rested in them )to Aso Rock to give their own intellectual discuss on how we can harness our potential and get us out of this hole.I know stimulus might not really work in the aviation sector because the funding required would be mind bungling.Let just pray for Baba and Pastor Prof that the spirit of God enters them and grant them wisdom.Funny I was jejeli reading Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson yesterday., they was a place he said it is easier to raise £4billions to buy new aircraft than to find £10million to fix small problem in the Aircraft.My advice is for the Ministry of Aviation to set up a parley with stakeholders let us have an idea what the exposure really are. Instead of hiding under the figures we should find a way to force them to merge, then order for more planes.The F.G can now set up a Special Purpose Vehicle that allows the Airlines have a promissory notes with my Oga at the Top refinery which allows them pay 25% the cost of Aviation fuel while the F.G guarantees the promissory notes be converted toward shares in the Airline or crude oil swap or Tax rebate if they are defaults in payments after the stimulated period but the terms cannot be more than two years and cannot exceed $250million the central bank can cover for another $250million.. that way you make $2billion in aviation fuel available Just thinking out loud.'

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by xandy84: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2020
You can save yourself the " self employed" story please. Naija economy is already in recession and not even self employed people will be save due to shortage of cash. Only few people are getting paid and those getting paid are on half salary and even government on all levels are readjusting their budget which means there is fire on the mountain. Only government bailout can save the situation just like Yankee doing.

Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

This is why is good to be self employed. No matter how much salary you earn, job wen no be your own no go ever be your own!

They must sack/retire you someday and the worst part be say e fit happen when you no get savings grin

Please if you are earning above 200k naira, Biko start small business for back up oh. Make you no come here d paste aza for us. We no fit fall for “local” scope

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by jaxxy(m): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2020
The ripple effect of these sacks is my major concern. It will affect the economy negatively. The Govt needs to step in ASAP.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by UniqueDennis(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2020
2mercy:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/08/04/just-in-bristow-helicopters-sacks-100-pilots-engineers/

Na wa ooo... U can Imagine.. Nothing beats a good side hutsle oooo.. Sometimes i wish i could turn back the hands of time back till when i first knew about bitcoin in 2010 or so.... I would have used every single kobo i had to buy it and keep then.. But nothing really spoil, eth$ruem and b!tc0in are about to explode again as its is expected that they could grow to about 500% in the coming years.. hmmmm
By the way, check my siggy
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Investnow2017: 12:19am On Aug 05, 2020
flyingpig:
Okay, not just AirPeace. it's a global something
By the end of September, what might the global unemployment look like? This is a very serious catastrophe
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by planetx: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

Everybody cannot be self employed. Self employed people are also suffering, who is going to patronize you when people have poor purchasing power.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by marvin906(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2020
datola:
And our governments are still busy with nonsense lockdown, releasing daily data while other serious countries of the world have moved on.

move on to where how...
are you alright...
or your blinded by the fact most countries are going back into lockdown..
no country has move on. .
there are just doing the best they can

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by hairdeals247(f): 12:44am On Aug 05, 2020
This is not good. May God help us.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 05, 2020
2mercy:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/08/04/just-in-bristow-helicopters-sacks-100-pilots-engineers/

Please oooo, y'all should just leave my Capt. Mary for me o... she's the only Nigerian Pilot whose flight I can sleep with my two eyes closed till I get to my destination.
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

Don't even go there please.
I work and earn a decent paycheck.
Done 4 major investments from the time I got employed.

2 have ran aground during this pandemic, one is currently struggling due to Clients inability to pay.
The 4th one is just there (not making much profits), I'm even considering diversifying.

I truly feel for Businessmen and Women (with families) this period
May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by FLOTAN(m): 2:17am On Aug 05, 2020
Sad! These are highly skilled workers with so many years of experience. Wish they have investments they can fall back to.

A plot of land bought 8 years ago would have more than doubled by now especially if acquired in a fast developing area. Learn, think and act!

Contact us for your property acquisition options.

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Davida33333: 2:18am On Aug 05, 2020
It's quite unfortunate that this pandemic has caused a global lockdown for the main time. but that doesn't mean you should get idle

Do you know that people charge 5-20k to create a website, clickbank account, PayPal, amazon affiliate account,etc?
Imagine you create 10 clickbank account for 5 businesses a week, that is roughly 15-20k a week as a side hustle. A side hustle you don't need laptop for!
Imagine if you decide to take it as a serious business, you will be earning a good side income by using your smartphone!
Be Among The early birds! Join the Online Creators Masterclass.. Earn From With Your Smartphone!
All these and more is what you will learn in this online training.
Text me directly on https:///2348114536840 for more info.
Or you can drop your WhatsApp number below so i brief you on the group.

IT'S A PAID GROUP, WITH A FEE OF 2K
*Few slots available..
You can also check out what I made with my smartphone on my portfolio https:///L0wbcI9TcoX7VfzJXqlMw1

It's quite unfortunate that this pandemic has caused a global lockdown for the main time. but that doesn't mean you should get idle

1 Share

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 05, 2020
Na one game dey always cut man betslips for this scamdemic period.How man go blow again?
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by anonimi: 4:30am On Aug 05, 2020
flyingpig:
Okay, not just AirPeace. it's a global something

Barawo Bubu's second wife, who is the minister of humanitarian affairs, will also give them palliatives as she has done with $500 million feeding school children during these lockdown.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3131247_cu55se7vaaaykzj_jpeg8d3b0e22c761643e651e5d09f82d1552

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by mamaafrik(m): 4:55am On Aug 05, 2020
Getintouch2004:

Stop imagining
Imagination is the mother of all Life.
See them,low thinker

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by samsard(m): 5:55am On Aug 05, 2020
Uae01Dirham:
Wahala!

Businesses folded up in the US! Those airlines sacking pilots are also businesses. Do you think anyone is safe in a situation no one anticipated?
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Holocene(m): 5:58am On Aug 05, 2020
I remember when I almost got a job there in 2012, I for follow for the mass sack now and start to think how to ick up again,,,,,,,but baba God had better plans for me

1 Like

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Chiboto414: 5:58am On Aug 05, 2020
May God help and bless us.AMEN
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by REDBUNNY(f): 6:02am On Aug 05, 2020
Obierika:

The same thing is happening everywhere not just in Nigeria
That's sad
Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Gerrard59(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Kenn55:

It affects everybody. Both employed and self employed are connected. If the economy is down and a lot of people are jobless, who will patronize the self employed? If they get 10 customers on good days, they would now start getting 5 which will affect their profitability.
These pilots that are out of job will immediately reduce their spending. That means no more holiday, no buying new car etc The hotels have one less customer, the car dealer that would have sold a car next week will not sell. Some people's businesses have collapsed these period because of low patronage. You see the connection?

I don't think he sees anything. That's how those so-called low budget entrepreneurs reason.

2 Likes

Re: Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers by Rolexjerry(m): 6:52am On Aug 05, 2020
Cosmatikka:
So we have over 150 unemployed pilots roaming the streets of Nigeria now.
No problem, I'll soon float my own airline, I'll absorb them. God no go shame us grin
U wan take plane crash kill everybody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Write ICAN Instead Of ACCA / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? / Woman Beats Up Her Boss With A Mop Stick For Sending Inappropriate Texts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.