Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here (5615 Views)

Sheep Rearing Success (Money Making Machine) / Sheep Farming: 10 Interesting Facts About Sheep / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Olamilekanfarms: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hybridz:
Hello there...I love what I do and I'm not gonna stop,not now,not ever!

Where did you get these breed, I need them, I want to start the business.
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fellow breeders, let's create a whatsapp group for sheep fattening and breeding

Send me a whatsapp DM to be added to the group
+2348122395755

https+://+chat. +whatsapp.com/++Hvqzp2DvEJL5Q8JuQazqCF

Remove the plus and spaces
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
The two rams are koroji-uda crossbreed while the pregnant sheep is a cross of yankasa and balami

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
The sheep

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
The sheep is bigger than the rams but I couldn't snap th well to get full details

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Daniel058(m): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Feeding like 50 of them everyday is where you know that to be a Man is indeed not a day job.

I have 3 though ,
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
Daniel058:
Feeding like 50 of them everyday is where you know that to be a Man is indeed not a day job.

I have 3 though ,

Not that hard if ur are is not 100% urban. Even if urban you can still get corn extracts and other cheap feeds/residue from food makers around

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
opeyemix:
Fellow breeders, let's create a whatsapp group for sheep fattening and breeding

Send me a whatsapp DM to be added to the group
+2348122395755

https+://+chat. +whatsapp.com/++Hvqzp2DvEJL5Q8JuQazqCF

Remove the plus and spaces

From a friend's farm, that's a crossbreed of balami and Sudan just 3 days old

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2020
maximizer61:
since i have been on this section i haven't seen anyone talking about sheep farming or someone dat is rearing them.
sheep farming is one of the most profitable livestock to venture into but people hardly do it.

Looks like this thread is about to die again....
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2020
Reality1015:
I just start sheep and ram rearing this year may with 4 sheep and 2 ram

I wish there were more sheep farmers here on NL
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by maximizer61(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2020
I sold 2 rams for 32k last week
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by kyinusa: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2020
maximizer61:
I sold 2 rams for 32k last week

U suppose 2 advertise here b4 selling cos some of us may av interest
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by maximizer61(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
kyinusa:

U suppose 2 advertise here b4 selling cos some of us may av interest
It was urgent
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by kyinusa: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
maximizer61:
It was urgent

Ok bro
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by olaide68(m): 4:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Reality1015:
My sheep and ram farm
Is this in South West?
I learnt that Balami can't survive in the South.
Thanks
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Hybridz: 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Olamilekanfarms:

You could get them anywhere,I could help you get them as well. Where's your location?

I bred mine over the years though.

DM if you really wanna do biz
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Hybridz: 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Olamilekanfarms:

You could get them anywhere,I could help you get them as well. Where's your location?

I bred mine over the years though.

DM if you really wanna do biz
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Hybridz: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
opeyemix:

I wish there were more sheep farmers here on NL

There are more sheep farmers on here than u could imagine
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by inception101(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Farouq94:

Kano, Warawa.

How much for ram and sheep. I'm starting soon with 30 flocks. 25sheep and 5 ram
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Jury(m): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2020
Housing for sheeps
Sheeps require minimal shelter, a simple shelter to protect them from the elements and predators. The predators depend on where you are located, dogs for city and town dwellers while the forest area dwellers will have to contend with wild animals.

It is appropriate to provide a covering of some sort for for your sheeps to take cover from rain and excessive heat or sunshine. If you are not sure of the type of predator in the area you want to use then get a dog or preferably a goat. Goat have been known to chase away predators while sheeps look on "docilely".

1 Like

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Jury(m): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2020
Anybody have a 8 month ewe and ram for sell?
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by opeyemix: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2021
Livestock is getting expensive daily and it's barely 6 months to the next sallah, so if you are in business and basically fatten sheep to resell during ileya (Sallah) my advice is to start accumulating good quality stocks now because the price can only get worst.... There are things you should consider when selecting fattening stocks especially for those os us here in the south. Join the conversation via the group link below

https://+chat.+whatsapp+.com/+Hvqzp2DvEJL5Q8JuQazqCF

Copy the link, remove all the plus signs and paste on ur browser to join
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Opoki(m): 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
I just start sheep and ram rearing this year may with 4 sheep and 2 ram

How is it going? I'm interested
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by polynomial(m): 3:21am On Sep 20, 2021
My ram in the backyard.
#uda
#yankasa
#Wad
To know more about ruminant backyard farming and how profitable it is especially in SW/SS/SE. message or call on this line08148846630

Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by sbashir10(m): 7:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
opeyemix:

From a friend's farm, that's a crossbreed of balami and Sudan just 3 days old
Hello bro. Balami breed are very good breed, just that they're not as strong as the other breeds
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Theophinio(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2023
maximizer61:
lol i don't look for buyers, once I'm ready to sell i will just make call

Who buys them

Who are your targeted market
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by maximizer61(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2023
Theophinio:

Who buys them

Who are your targeted market
people consumes it just like every other meat
Once you're ready to sell take them to the market and people will rush it
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Theophinio(m): 11:10am On Apr 03, 2023
maximizer61:
people consumes it just like every other meat
Once you're ready to sell take them to the market and people will rush it

Wow

Thanks boss for your insightful comment

Now i understand
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by maximizer61(m): 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
Theophinio:

Wow

Thanks boss for your insightful comment

Now i understand
it's one of my besrt investment. You can never loose
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by Theophinio(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
maximizer61:
it's one of my besrt investment. You can never loose

Really

How much for a full grown sheep
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by maximizer61(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2023
Theophinio:

Really

How much for a full grown sheep
17_20k while the ram is 40_60k
Re: Nobody Is Talking About Sheep Rearing Here by dandylass: 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
maximizer61:
we don't eat them.. i hate the meat
How does the meat taste? And did u hate it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Bags Of Beans Large Quantity / Farm4me: How It All Started / Agric Dairy; Dodo's Treasure...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.