Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? (31675 Views)

Help!!! Could This Be A Sign Of Protein Present In My Urine? / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? / My Urine Is Always Yellow After Eating Noodles, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Starboytwo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
grin
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by OnyeOgboni: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Covid 19 version 2.2 grin
0truthseeker:
I just complement my Typhoid/Malaria treatment only drug no drip, used the last tab this morning. But before then, I frequently urinate, at most an hour after drinking water, I assume it may be of Typhoid or Season, I worried less for my physician(nurse) to do.

Forward to this night i had expect the frequent urinating to have reduced but negative. I was scared it my be symptoms of Diabetics, out curiosity i had a taste from finger touch, the urine taste just like ordinary water, i wasn't convince so i pee in me had to have a lick, the was the same pure water.

Could this be result of previous medication or I should see doctor
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Thelimitbreaker(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
It could be as a result of the medications you took during your sick period.... But if not that's Diabetes, once that happens it affects the individual's sugar level cause many of it will be excreted through frequent urination (Polyuria) coupled with sugar in the urine (Glucosuria) and so bringing about a change in the taste of such person's urine and as a result of that brings about an unquenchable thirst for water (polydipsia) and continues like that until it gets to the chronic state.... Don't let me bore you with my Medical jargons... So my advice is for you to go for medical test so as to checkmate whatsover it might be early and be free from unwanted worries....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Farki: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
What kind of question is this?

Ok I read through again and really it's normal after frequent urination.
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by mrkings84(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
How did u know, been drinking it?
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Redhot111(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
0truthseeker:
I just complement my Typhoid/Malaria treatment only drug no drip, used the last tab this morning. But before then, I frequently urinate, at most an hour after drinking water, I assume it may be of Typhoid or Season, I worried less for my physician(nurse) to do.

Forward to this night i had expect the frequent urinating to have reduced but negative. I was scared it my be symptoms of Diabetics, out curiosity i had a taste from finger touch, the urine taste just like ordinary water, i wasn't convince so i pee in me had to have a lick, the was the same pure water.

So, you dey drunk piss? Go and brush your mouth before I reply you please come

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by okunwaye(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Y
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Olukat(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Since you are good in drinking wee, why not try and drink others urine in your area to see how it taste? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by walkwithgod(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Smile WiFi for sale at affordable rate

Zero..seven...zero...eight...eight...three...one...three..four...four...nine..

Lagos...ojodu Berger
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Dmeji4444(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kai, oti gbe jonbo
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by directonpc(m): 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
How often do you drink your pee? Plus are you peeing pure water now?

On a more serious side, see a doctor or health professional for advice. Stay Safe
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by adajoe555: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
0truthseeker:

please go to the lab and run urine analysis that is the only way you can ascertain what is wrong with your urine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by sammirano: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
Are you normal? Why taste the thing al all?
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
0truthseeker:

If you consume too much water, your urine won't taste as salty as it used to.
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Kemimarch16(f): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Some people use to say urine is salty although have not try it before but I guess you are ok
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by OmoOduduwa01: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
OP, you MIGHT be suffering from dehydration due to your malaria/typhoid.

Complain to your medical personnel that's taking care of you. But I'll advise you to go to med lab and do Urinalysis test.
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by OmoOduduwa01: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
YUCK!! You licked your pee? For what ? undecided undecided

Yeah... It's one of the home based tests for hyperglycemia
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Tinax(f): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Likely diabetes.... run test
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by skedy1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
awesomesossy:
Please do a fasting Blood Glucose test to rule out diabetes
Exactly...

This is of great importance!
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by OgbanjeProphet: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
All of you insulting instead of providing answers to op's questions, there is something called urine therapy, ụnụ anụgo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by skedy1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Run a random now or do fasting blood sugar test bro.

Let's be sure of your diabetes status first!
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Lexusgs430: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Which normal human, tastes or drinks urine?.... cheesy
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by MJBOLT: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
iHart:
Add salt to it so it will taste salty. grin grin

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by AuroraB(f): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
YUCK!! You licked your pee? For what ? undecided undecided
Exact thing I told someone here grin grin grin
Y'all be wilding out with everything weird here undecided
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by frozen70(f): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
0truthseeker:

Everything is alright with you

You just treated malaria so all those things have gone out of your system

But to clear doubt go to any hospital by 7am for fasting blood sugar test

It's called FBS thats the test for diabetes

But am prety sure you are fine
Check your blood pressure too if the doctor is around
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by kambili999(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
tasting your pee
Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Drizzy5001(m): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
Put Maggi and salt e go taste salty

Re: Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? by Enavie(m): 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts / Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.