Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Loved, Beautiful, Gifted - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Loved, Beautiful, Gifted (109 Views)

Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church / Pastor Alex Omokudu, Gifted With A Rolls Royce Car / Pastor Benny Hinn And His Wife Suzanne loved up together(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loved, Beautiful, Gifted by VLadipo: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2020
Malcolm appeared confident as a teenager. But this confidence was a mask. In truth, a turbulent home left him fearful, desperate for approval, and feeling falsely responsible for his family’s problems. “For as far back as I remember,” he says, “every morning I would go into the bathroom, look in the mirror, and say out loud to myself, ‘You are stupid, you are ugly, and it’s your fault.’”

Malcolm’s self-loathing continued until he was twenty-one, when he had a divine revelation of his identity in Jesus. “I realized that God loved me unconditionally and nothing would ever change that,” he recalls. “I could never embarrass God, and He would never reject me.” In time, Malcolm looked in the mirror and spoke to himself differently. “You are loved, you are beautiful, you are gifted,” he said, “and it’s not your fault.”

Malcolm’s experience illustrates what God’s Spirit does for the believer in Jesus—He frees us from fear by revealing how profoundly loved we are (Romans 8:15, 38–39), and confirms that we are children of God with all the benefits that status brings (8:16–17; 12:6–cool. As a result, we can begin seeing ourselves correctly by having our thinking renewed (12:2–3).

Years later, Malcolm still whispers those words each day, reinforcing who God says he is. In the Father’s eyes he’s loved, beautiful, and gifted. And so are...http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=ourdailybread&&id=4848

(1) (Reply)

Are You Matured Enough? / Andrew Wommack Devotional / Essential Products Thriving Now. Become A Contract Initiator To Manufacturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.