Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church (1045 Views)

Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted In The Church / Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. / Pastor Alex Omokudu, Gifted With A Rolls Royce Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
EMPOWERED FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES FOR A COMMON GOAL

Disciples such as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were fully committed to secretarial/writing ministry while other unpopular ones(such as Andrew, Bartholomew, etc) were probably committed to welfare, security and other offices. Judas Iscariot was their Treasurer.

Peter was actively following Jesus closely to master core spiritual functions because he was to be the spiritual head after Jesus' ascension. We have not specifically read in the Bible that Matthew or Luke personally healed the sick or performed miracles but we know that they gave gospel accounts of Jesus' ministry. Luke also wrote The Acts of the Apostles. That means they were great instruments to Jesus. Not that Jesus didn't empower them to demonstrate power after his death but those guys just had to stick to their ministries to form a perfect team.

Stephen was a Deacon commissioned to be in charge of welfare. Stephen, despite being in charge of food and drinks, carried fire.

Everyone cannot be on the altar at the same time. When a pastor/prophet is on the altar, other firebrand brothers and sisters have to handle other important offices. To those currently endowed with great spiritual gifts such as miracles and healing, don't despise those who cannot openly demonstrate them as you do currently and don't conclude in your minds that they're not baptized of the Holy Spirit just because they cannot yet publicly demonstrate what you do. They may be too preoccupied with other church official duties just like Matthew, Mark and Luke. A modern-day example is an Usher who has to stand for most of the time of the service and has to take important records such as attendance, offerings, tithes, etc. Also, don't be bitter and depressed for that reason because hypertension and stroke are not far from people who are always depressed and bitter.

Happy Sunday!
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moneyfem:
EMPOWERED FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES

Disciples such as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were fully committed to secretarial/writing ministry while other unpopular ones(such as Andrew, Bartholomew, etc) were probably committed to welfare, security and other offices. Judas Iscariot was their Treasurer.

Peter was actively following Jesus closely to master core spiritual functions because he was to be the spiritual head after Jesus' ascension. We have not specifically read in the Bible that Matthew or Luke personally healed the sick or performed miracles but we know that they gave gospel accounts of Jesus' ministry. Luke also wrote The Acts of the Apostles. That means they were great instruments to Jesus. Not that Jesus didn't empower them to demonstrate power after his death but those guys just had to stick to their ministries to form a perfect team.

Stephen was a Deacon commissioned to be in charge of welfare. Stephen, despite being in charge of food and drinks, carried fire.

Everyone cannot be on the altar at the same time. When a pastor/prophet is on the altar, other firebrand brothers and sisters have to handle other important offices. To those currently endowed with great spiritual gifts such as miracles and healing, don't despise those who cannot openly demonstrate them as you do currently and don't conclude in your minds that they're not baptized of the Holy Spirit just because they cannot yet publicly demonstrate what you do. They may be too preoccupied with other church official duties just like Matthew, Mark and Luke. A modern-day example is an Usher who has to stand for most of the time of the service and has to take important records such as attendance, offerings, tithes, etc. Also, don't be bitter and depressed for that reason because hypertension and stroke are not far from people who are always depressed and bitter.

Happy Sunday!
I am afraid that you are sorely mistaken in your assumptions OP. You are deceived if you think that the followers of Jesus Christ wrote, in their letters and writings, everything there is to know of their work on earth with God.

Please try to read what is written as just that, what is written and don't try to add or remove from it, so you no continue to be robbed of the message therein.

Jesus Christ told every one of His followers that they each would do all that He did and more. And since He is the Truth of God, He is the one to listen to.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by xproducer: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Two additional points...

1. The local/physical churches have had their utility in spreading the Gospel, etc... but the real Church building of GOD in question is the entire body of true believers in the Lord JESUS CHRIST throughout the history of this world - the Lord JESUS Himself being the Chief Cornerstone.

"Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, “Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.” -1 Peter 2:6 (Also see Psalm 118:22, Isaiah 28:16)

"Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit." - Ephesians 2:19-22

2. Members/saints of the household of GOD in JESUS the CHRIST have differing roles and gifts from the HOLY SPIRIT, yes!
"He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things. And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;" - Ephesians 4:10-13

"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills." - 1 Corinthians 12:7-11

"Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way." - 1 Corinthians 12:27-31
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that you are sorely mistaken in your assumptions OP. You are deceived if you think that the followers of Jesus Christ wrote, in their letters and writings, everything there is to know of their work on earth with God.

Please try to read what is written as just that, what is written and don't try to add or remove from it, so you no continue to be robbed of the message therein.

Jesus Christ told every one of His followers that they each would do all that He did and more. And since He is the Truth of God, He is the one to listen to.

Thank you Sir for your comment but don't get me wrong. I didn't say the other disciples didn't have the power to do what Jesus or more than what Jesus did. All disciples including us have been empowered but that doesn't say we don't have different gifts and offices. All I'm saying is that some of them like Peter and Paul were more known for healing and miracles than others as we have in the Scriptures.

To writing or not that you referred to, the mentioned disciples and other writers gave firsthand accounts as experienced and by the aid of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moneyfem:

Thank you Sir for your comment but don't get me wrong. I didn't say the other disciples didn't have the power to do what Jesus or more than what Jesus did. All disciples including us have been empowered but that doesn't say we don't have different gifts and offices. All I'm saying is that some of them like Peter and Paul were more known for healing and miracles than others as we have in the Scriptures.

To writing or not that you referred to, the mentioned disciples and other writers gave firsthand accounts as experienced and by the aid of the Holy Spirit.
The text in bold is wrong as it is based on an erroneous assumption by your person. undecided

You believe that Paul and Peter wrought more miracles and healings because you read from the book in Acts of the apostles their exploits than those of other apostles, is that the case? undecided

You assume that only those who are written off did more, but that assumption is wrong. Like, the one who is claimed to have written to have written the book, was one man and could not have possibly been everywhere all the disciples went , could he now? So why assume that his account sufficient to judge the works done by all of the apostles in all their years on this earth? undecided

As to your comment on writers, how many writers do you suppose their were that recorded the deeds of the apostles? Just one . undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The text in bold is wrong as it is based on an erroneous assumption by your person. undecided

You believe that Paul and Peter wrought more miracles and healings because you read from the book in Acts of the apostles their exploits than those of other apostles, is that the case? undecided

You assume that only those who are written off did more, but that assumption is wrong. Like, the one who is claimed to have written to have written the book, was one man and could not have possibly been everywhere all the disciples went , could he now? So why assume that his account sufficient to judge the works done by all of the apostles in all their years on this earth? undecided

As to your comment on writers, how many writers do you suppose their were that recorded the deeds of the apostles? Just one . undecided

I now understand your standpoint. It's like you don't want to believe that we have different offices. Let's go back to the case study of ushers in my original post. Ushers are Spirit-empowered but you will usually find them directing the congregation and taking important records. Ushers are key disciples/workers but hardly will you find them in front leading power ministrations except during Ushers' Week. Another example are cleaners, guards, etc.

Before the betrayal, Judas Iscariot was said to be the Treasurer of Jesus' team. We never read that Judas Iscariot wrote the book of Judas. I know what I'm saying brother.

In a nutshell, we have the same God and Spirit but we cannot all be doing the same thing because there different things to be attended to in the Body of Christ.

If you decide still not to concur to this my last submission, that means you deliberately choose to be argumentative.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moneyfem:

I now understand your standpoint. It's like you don't want to believe that we have different offices. Let's go back to the case study of ushers in my original post. Ushers are Spirit-empowered but you will usually find them directing the congregation and taking important records. Ushers are key disciples/workers but hardly will you find them in front leading power ministrations except during Ushers' Week. Another example are cleaners, guards, etc.

Before the betrayal, Judas Iscariot was said to be the Treasurer of Jesus' team. We never read that Judas Iscariot wrote the book of Judas. I know what I'm saying brother.

In a nutshell, we have the same God and Spirit but we cannot all be doing the same thing because there different things to be attended to in the Body of Christ.

If you decide still not to concur to this my last submission, that means you deliberately choose to be argumentative.

I am afraid you are still missing the point.

You mentioned Judas being the money-bag person but nowhere in the gospels are you told that Judas never healed anyone or performed miracles. In fact, it is likely that he, Judas, did do those things and more, after all, Judas wss among those who Jesus Christ annointrd to heal sickness, cast our demons, preach the gospel of the kingdom etc.

Judas didn't need to specifically write you a book to announce this part of his life... He didn't owe you any of that. In fact Jesus Christ never commanded that every of His followers right about their exploits for posterity. you assuming that should have happened is all you and nothing to do with Judas or any of the others.

Another assumption you made earlier was that Matthew , Mark, Luke and John never Healed, did miracles ,cast out demons or any of the other works done by other disciples because according to you, they were of an "administrative " calling. That again is erroneous thinking by your person. We are never in fact given the details of the lives of any of these men for you to assume you can indeed make any of those assumptions of their time on earth.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are still missing the point.

You mentioned Judas being the money-bag person but nowhere in the gospels are you told that Judas never healed anyone or performed miracles. In fact, it is likely that he, Judas, did do those things and more, after all, Judas wss among those who Jesus Christ annointrd to heal sickness, cast our demons, preach the gospel of the kingdom etc.

Judas didn't need to specifically write you a book to announce this part of his life... He didn't owe you any of that. In fact Jesus Christ never commanded that every of His followers right about their exploits for posterity. you assuming that should have happened is all you and nothing to do with Judas or any of the others.

Another assumption you made earlier was that Matthew , Mark, Luke and John never Healed, did miracles ,cast out demons or any of the other works done by other disciples because according to you, they were of an "administrative " calling. That again is erroneous thinking by your person. We are never in fact given the details of the lives of any of these men for you to assume you can indeed make any of those assumptions of their time on earth.

I never said they didn't do miracles. I said the Bible captures more acts of Peter, John, Phillip, Paul, etc more than others. My point remains that we are empowered for different purposes in the church of God: we have Prophets, Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers. Try to know the peculiarities of each.

Besides, you've been basing most of your submission since on assumptions. You've not given us any clear-cut examples from the scriptures.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moneyfem:

I never said they didn't do miracles. I said the Bible captures more acts of Peter, John, Phillip, Paul, etc more than others. My point remains that we are empowered for different purposes in the church of God: we have Prophets, Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers. Try to know the peculiarities of each.

Besides, you've been basing most of your submission since on assumptions. You've not given us any clear-cut examples from the scriptures.
Luke, one man, captured fhe acts of Peter, John, Philipp and Paul as he observed it. As one man, he could not have been expected to observe all of them all of the times for his account to be considered an accurate record of all the works done by all of the discples during their time on this earth. undecided
It is therefore inaccurate to conclude from even just that piece that there is even such a thing as empowerment for different purposes as you can not assume that because one or more did not write down their exploits, or that their works, that the apostles in question did not have administrative skills of the sort you except. undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Luke, one man, captured fhe acts of Peter, John, Philipp and Paul as he observed it. As one man, he could not have been expected to observe all of them all of the times for his account to be considered an accurate record of all the works done by all of the discples during their time on this earth. undecided
It is therefore inaccurate to conclude from even just that piece that there is even such a thing as empowerment for different purposes as you can not assume that because one or more did not write down their exploits, or that their works, that the apostles in question did not have administrative skills of the sort you except. undecided

I thank God this evening that you finally succumbed to my position that Luke captured some acts of other disciples, though his report may not capture all. Even the Bible says som things are not recorded in the present Bible we read. That's my point.

I'm sure you as a man in this dispensation cannot divide yourself into many parts. As a church, you do one thing at a time while others handle other things. That's my simple position.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
Moneyfem:

I thank God this evening that you finally succumbed to my position that Luke captured some acts of other disciples, though his report may not capture all. Even the Bible says something things are not recorded in the present Bible we read. That's my point.

I'm sure you as a man in this dispensation cannot divide yourself into many parts. As a church, you do one thing at a time while others handle other things. That's my simple position.
I am afraid you are mistaken. I have been clear that Luke could only capture what he could, and so based on that you cannot conclude that you illusion to an empowerment for different offices makes sense.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are mistaken. I have been clear that Luke could only capture what he could, and so based on that you cannot conclude that you illusion to an empowerment for different offices makes sense.

Thank you Sir for your contribution so far. I strongly believe that our empowerment is to build us and edify the Church but I want to ask you five simple questions and I want your sincere answers:

1. If you say we don't have different gifts and offices in the body of Christ, why do we have different departments/ministries in the church?

2. Why did Jesus need to have disciples during His time of ministry on earth?

3. Can you handle everything in the church?

4. Do you currently have all the nine gifts as given in I Corinthians 12?

5. What is Ephesians 4:11 saying in your own mind?
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moneyfem:

Thank you Sir for your contribution so far. I strongly believe that our empowerment is to build us and edify the Church but I want to ask you five simple questions and I want your sincere answers:

1. If you say we don't have different gifts and offices in the body of Christ, why do we have different departments/ministries in the church?

2. Why did Jesus need to have disciples during His time of ministry on earth?

3. Can you handle everything in the church?

4. Do you currently have all the nine gifts as given in I Corinthians 12?

5. What is Ephesians 4:11 saying in your own mind?
At this point, I would like to introduce a parable about the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 20 vs 1 - 16(NIV)

1. For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.
2 He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

3 “About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing.
4 He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’
5 So they went.
“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing.
6. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?

7 “‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

9 “The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius.
10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius.
11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner.

12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13. “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a generous?
14. Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you.
15. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last

As you read through, please pay attention to the fact that the same work as given all those who were invited to work in the vineyard, and at the end, they were all paid the exact same amount for all of the work they had done. undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
At this point, I would like to introduce a parable about the Kingdom of God.

As you read through, please pay attention to the fact that the same work as given all those who were invited to work in the vineyard, and at the end, they were all paid the exact same amount for all of the work they had done. undecided

You did not answer my questions. You rather digressed.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moneyfem:

You did not answer my questions. You rather digressed.
Actually, that is not a digression but the word of Jesus Christ responding to your claims about His disciples/followers/servants/workers being differently empowered or gifted for the work He has for them in His Kingdom. undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
What you quoted didn't explain I Corinthians 12 or Ephesians 4:11.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moneyfem:
What you quoted didn't explain I Corinthians 12 or Ephesians 4:11.
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the one born of the Spirit of God and the Truth of God. The teachings of Jesus Christ is Spirit and so every word has to filtered through the Truth of God, because it is according to His teachings we are to adhere and His commandments we are to obey.

Jesus Christ is in Heaven, but the one who wrote the letters of Ephesians and Corithians is not in Heaven... The apostles, Paul, and every one who believes but has left this world, are even right now still in their graves, sleeping, waiting for Jesus Christ to return and judge their works here on earth. undecided
So do we take the words of a man who himself is yet to have his works judged and weighed against the teachings of Jesus Christ over the teachings of the Master Himself? undecided

I say this to mean that the teachings of Jesus Christ should take precedence in all-wise.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the one born of the Spirit of God and the Truth of God. The teachings of Jesus Christ is Spirit and so every word has to filtered through the Truth of God, because it is according to His teachings we are to adhere and His commandments we are to obey.

Jesus Christ is in Heaven, but the one who wrote the letters of Ephesians and Corithians is not in Heaven... The apostles, Paul, and every one who believes but has left this world, are even right now still in their graves, sleeping, waiting for Jesus Christ to return and judge their works here on earth. undecided
So do we take the words of a man who himself is yet to have his works judged and weighed against the teachings of Jesus Christ over the teachings of the Master Himself? undecided

I say this to mean that the teachings of Jesus Christ should take precedence in all-wise.

Now I see! I just decoded the school of thought you belong to. I never knew you're one of them. I don't have to continue dragging this with you because I'm amazed as you said we shouldn't believe what God used the Apostles to say and write except what Jesus said. The funniest thing is that others wrote what Jesus said and did.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
Moneyfem:

Now I see! I just decoded the school of thought you belong to. I never knew you're one of them. I don't have to continue dragging this with you because I'm amazed as you said we shouldn't believe what God used the Apostles to say and write except what Jesus said. The funniest thing is that others wrote what Jesus said and did.
I am afraid you remain ignorant of my school of thought.

Jesus Christ sent His apostles to teach exactly His teachings to the world. So, when you read from the apostles, is not common sense to confirm you read with what Jesus Christ, the Master and the only Teacher, taught? undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 4:40am On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you remain ignorant of my school of thought.

Jesus Christ sent His apostles to teach exactly His teachings to the world. So, when you read from the apostles, is not common sense to confirm you read with what Jesus Christ, the Master and the only Teacher, taught? undecided

I hear you o. You've said we shouldn't believe what we have in I Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4:11 because it was not said by Jesus Himself. You just continue to mislead people. God is watching all of us.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 11:08am On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

I hear you o. You've said we shouldn't believe what we have in I Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4:11 because it was not said by Jesus Himself. You just continue to mislead people. God is watching all of us.
God set Jesus Christ as Master over His own, not Paul. So do not worry about who God is watching... Make sure instead that you have not set over yourself a master different from the one God gave to you.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God set Jesus Christ as Master over His own, not Paul. So do not worry about who God is watching... Make sure instead that you have not set over yourself a master different from the one God gave to you.

But Sir, do you believe what the Bible says in 2Timothy 3:16-17 that:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

But Sir, do you believe what the Bible says in 2Timothy 3:16-17 that:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
why are you trying so hard to derail your own Topic? undecided

1. When Paul wrote that letter to timothy, your Bible was not in existence back then so as to suggest that even that letter which he was penning at that time wou be considered "alsoipture" by some future generation.

2. And when it comes to inspiration, All knowledge, be it of good and of evil, is inspired by God Himself... So it is not only scripture that is inspired by God. Remember the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? It belonged to God meaning that every knowledge you can think of is inspired by the Almighty, making mute the claim or thought that only that which you choose to call scripture is inspired by God.

So I am afraid you have me at a loss as far as why you continue to dribble around the point I have presented before you as far as the topic is concerned.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
why are you trying so hard to derail your own Topic? undecided

1. When Paul wrote that letter to timothy, your Bible was not in existence back then so as to suggest that even that letter which he was penning at that time wou be considered "alsoipture" by some future generation.

2. And when it comes to inspiration, All knowledge, be it of good and of evil, is inspired by God Himself... So it is not only scripture that is inspired by God. Remember the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? It belonged to God meaning that every knowledge you can think of is inspired by the Almighty, making mute the claim or thought that only that which you choose to call scripture is inspired by God.

So I am afraid you have me at a loss as far as why you continue to dribble around the point I have presented before you as far as the topic is concerned.

Sir, I now understand your view and belief: you are of the position that you do not believe everything said in the Bible except the words of Christ that are in red. That is, you read and study only Jesus' words recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John Acts and you see other chapters and words in the Bible as meaningless.

I am afraid you may continue to mislead people following our conversations. So at this juncture, I have to withdraw from this correspondence with you so that people who believe what God used the apostles to write will not be misled by you.

Nice chatting with you Sir. Bye!
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

Sir, I now understand your view and belief: you are of the position that you do not believe everything said in the Bible except the words of Christ that are in red. That is, you read and study only Jesus' words recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John Acts and you see other chapters and words in the Bible as meaningless.

I am afraid you may continue to mislead people following our conversations. So at this juncture, I have to withdraw from this correspondence with you so that people who believe what God used the apostles to write will not be misled by you.

Nice chatting with you Sir. Bye!
Um.... You are doing a very terrible job trying to understand "me".. Rather, may I suggest that you focus instead on the points made and not constantly trying to read the mind of the one doing the posting, cause I am afraid you ar terrible at that.

You are told in John 1 that Jesus Christ, the Word of God, has been there from before the beginning, meaning that every word out of God's mouth has been Jesus Christ all along. When God spoke through the mouth of His prophets, the words was He, and when He eventually took on a human form and came down to man about 2000 years ago, it was the same Word of God who was there from before the beginning and not some knew character that showed up.

So for you to assume that the word of God refers only to the text presented in red in your Bible means you have no clue who Jesus Christ told you that He indeed is.

Now, the same Jesus Christ who came to earth came with a message from God, and that message happens to be a covenant.. A covenant separate from the Old Covenant but a complete covenant in itself, Jesus Christ being the embodiment of that covenant. What that means is everything Jesus Christ taught, said, did etc. Is the New Covenant, and this covenant was ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared " It is finished".

When you sign a contract with your phone company, do you go find a different companies contract to follow? No, you stick to the terms of your agreement with the company you signed up with.

The contract you signed with God when you chose to believe in Jesus Christ is a contract that requires that you follow and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ - He is your one and only Master.

Now your Master has many servants but nevertheless He and He alone is the one you are called to obey. So when you hear from any of your Master's servants, it is in your best interest that you make sure what you hear is the Truth as commanded of you by your Master, is it not? That is why you should know the truth of your Master so that you process everything you hear or are told of by any of His servants through the Truth of your Master. It is that simple!
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Um.... You are doing a very terrible job trying to understand "me".. Rather, may I suggest that you focus instead on the points made and not constantly trying to read the mind of the one doing the posting, cause I am afraid you ar terrible at that.

You are told in John 1 that Jesus Christ, the Word of God, has been there from before the beginning, meaning that every word out of God's mouth has been Jesus Christ all along. When God spoke through the mouth of His prophets, the words was He, and when He eventually took on a human form and came down to man about 2000 years ago, it was the same Word of God who was there from before the beginning and not some knew character that showed up.

So for you to assume that the word of God refers only to the text presented in red in your Bible means you have no clue who Jesus Christ told you that He indeed is.

Now, the same Jesus Christ who came to earth came with a message from God, and that message happens to be a covenant.. A covenant separate from the Old Covenant but a complete covenant in itself, Jesus Christ being the embodiment of that covenant. What that means is everything Jesus Christ taught, said, did etc. Is the New Covenant, and this covenant was ratified on the cross when Jesus Christ declared " It is finished".

When you sign a contract with your phone company, do you go find a different companies contract to follow? No, you stick to the terms of your agreement with the company you signed up with.

The contract you signed with God when you chose to believe in Jesus Christ is a contract that requires that you follow and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ - He is your one and only Master.

Now your Master has many servants but nevertheless He and He alone is the one you are called to obey. So when you hear from any of your Master's servants, it is in your best interest that you make sure what you hear is the Truth as commanded of you by your Master, is it not? That is why you should know the truth of your Master so that you process everything you hear or are told of by any of His servants through the Truth of your Master. It is that simple!

Sir, you like beating about the bush. Peter, John, Paul others preached Jesus all their lives. They built and established on what Jesus preached. So why trying to insinuate that people should doubt what they read in the Scriptures.? Sir, I know you are probably a Jehovah Witness or Olumba Olumba.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

Sir, you like beating about the bush. Peter, John, Paul others preached Jesus all their lives. They built and established on what Jesus preached. So why trying to insinuate that people should doubt what they read in the Scriptures.? Sir, I know you are probably a Jehovah Witness or Olumba Olumba.
Beating about the bush seems to your expertise, not mine. undecided

I have made it clear from the get go that you should consult the Master when it comes to how His servants/Workers should be organised, not His servants. undecided

As I posted earlier, Jesus Christ, the Master, did give us a Parable as to how His workers will do their work and eventually get paid for the work done for Him. undecided

If Jesus Christ says this is how it should be, but one of His servants says no, it should be a different way instead, who do you believe? The Master or His servant? undecided

Labels mean nothing as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned. And it remains so even where His workers are concerned. undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Beating about the bush seems to your expertise, not mine. undecided

I have made it clear from the get go that you should consult the Master when it comes to how His servants/Workers should be organised, not His servants, and as I posted earlier, Jesus Christ, the Master, did give us a Parable as to how His workers will do their work and eventually get paid for the work done for Him. undecided

Ok, enough on this topic. Nice chatting with you. I like your command of written English. I wish you could teach me how to write fine articles like yours. Kudos Sir!
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

Ok, enough on this topic. Nice chatting with you. I like your command of written English. I wish you could teach me how to write fine articles like yours. Kudos Sir!
Again, you refuse to answer the question I asked about whose report you will believe. undecided
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Moneyfem: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, you refuse to answer the question I asked about whose report you will believe. undecided

The Apostles gave the report of and about Jesus. They did not write anything to aggrandize themselves but to propagate the Gospel of Christ. They wrote several epistles to several people, preaching the message of Christ. So, Jesus Christ is our Chief Role Model.

But let me ask you this: are you saying there are heresies/fallacies in the accounts and teachings of the Apostles after Jesus' ascension? Did they deviate from the Word Jesus gave to them? If your answer is yes, could you please let us know some of them to buttress your position.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
Moneyfem:

The Apostles gave the report of and about Jesus. They did not write anything to aggrandize themselves but to propagate the Gospel of Christ. They wrote several epistles to several people, preaching the message of Christ. So, Jesus Christ is our Chief Role Model.

But let me ask you this: are you saying there are heresies/fallacies in the accounts and teachings of the Apostles after Jesus' ascension? Did they deviate from the Word Jesus gave to them? If your answer is yes, could you please let us know some of them to buttress your position.
Again, Jesus Christ, the one you proclaim is Master told you, through a parable which He spoke to all those who will His disciples, how His servants are called to work in His field, including how everyone will get paid the exact at the end of the day, regardless of how long each worker worked in His vineyard. But one of The Master's servants offered you a different plan from the plan had laid out for all His servants in His teachings. Do you believe the Master's plan is the plan to believe in or do you believe His servants plan is the right choice for you?

According to Jesus Christ, He and He alone is the only Teacher, Master, Lord, Good Shepherd.over His flock. He even said that a servant can not be greater than his Master.

Instead of what you call heresies/fallacies, there are doctrines and traditions(commandments of men) of men which Jesus Christ said are lies that invalidate the power in the word of God, rendering meaningless our claimed worship of Him. Essentualy, if it is not His teaching, don't assume the opinion of man is of God.
Re: Why We Are Differently Empowered And Gifted for a Common Goal In The Church by budaatum: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:

According to Jesus Christ, He and He alone is the only Teacher, Master, Lord, Good Shepherd.over His flock. He even said that a servant can not be greater than his Master.

No he never!

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that understandeth me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
John 14:12 bav

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Muslim Fans Will Be So Upset When I Tell Them I Have Left Islam / If You Agree That Jesus Is He Who Is To Come, Then You Know Jesus Is God Almight / Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.