Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha (719 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Mikel Obi Or Alex Song : Who Is Better On The Field Of Play / Is Joel Obi Related To Mikel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha by 12large1: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
i have been watching joel obi progress since he made his debut for inter against chelsea in 2009 summer and from that day i knew he was a great player in advance. even before his performance against sira leone i said he was our best midfilder this season and he had played only 7 games. now he plays against sa i wasn't suprised with his performance but the problem i had is with nigerians already i'm hearing people compare him with jj please let it stop. the fact is that anytime a central midfilder makes a debut and plays well they always compare him with jj. i remember what they said after mikel performance against zimbabwe, haruna performance against colombia. the problem is that when you start comparing them to jj it makes them just wanna dribble all the time and it effects us. with joel obi,haruna,ibrahim,k.uche and ekpo i think thats the best midfield in Africa but the best thing is to let the players be their self and don't put pressure on them as the new okocha
Re: Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha by 12large1: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
forgot to add okoro
Re: Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha by medjai(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2011
He doesn't even play in the same position as Jay Jay.
Re: Lets Not Compare Joel Obi Or Anybody To Okocha by 12large1: 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
yap he does the guy can play anywhere in midfield including attacking central midfield so i would say yes

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal To Sign Lehmann / Who Can Predict Drawz Of Saturday Matches? / Champions League Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.