Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) (56576 Views)

What Victoria Island Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by earnit3: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2020
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by ednut1(m): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2020
SmartPolician:
Peter and Paul of PSquare once had a home here, dunno if they have moved out though

One of the most organized estates I have seen in Lagos is Victoria Garden City (VGC)

Those guys are in a world of their own

I think other new highbrow estates along Ajah and Sangotedo are copying from the way they run VGC
but this is VGC when it rains

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by gbaskiboy: 3:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Volkswagen90:
Did anyone have link to download old Orlando owoh songs

200naira await you.
download Boomplay from playstore and login. Search for Orlando owoh you can listen to every of his single tracks and album. You will thank me later
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by SmartPolician: 5:43am On Aug 06, 2020
ednut1:
but this is VGC when it rains

Well, Lagos is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, making every part of the city prone to flooding

There's no part of the world that does not get flooded, including New York City

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by sonnie10: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2020
osusuallstars:
opposite the estate na slum
ojodun abiodun and co

Nothing new. In Houston Texas, there is area called Medical Center. That is a place where you would see multimillion dollar homes and apartments. Right across from the Medical Center is another area called Third World, some people wouldn't live there even for free.

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2020
sonnie10:

No empty land. You buy ugly relatively cheap house, demolish and built your choice of house.

No house in that locality is worth N100m.

So I cannot see how buying one to knock down for N100m is relatively cheap.

The house is not worth N100m. The land is not worth N100m.

If anyone has N100m, better they invest it on a house mortgage in a leading EU country and they would make so much money from rent, they can afford to even rent with ease in this concrete jungle estate.

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Femeto: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2020
Na my zanga be this.

Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by sonnie10: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
Gamesmart:

No house in that locality is worth N100m.

So I cannot see how buying one to knock down for N100m is relatively cheap.

The house is not worth N100m. The land is not worth N100m.

If anyone has N100m, better they invest it on a house mortgage in a leading EU country and they would make so much money from rent, they can afford to even rent with ease in this concrete jungle estate.
Too many law suits by tenants in EU. Before you know it, a lien is placed on your property by one opportunist.
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Christmasdon(m): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
Clicked:

Na my church be dat. I remember when we were still using that small area while the main church was being built.
. Are u male or female. where u there when the 10km marathan was organised . i will tell u what price i got.
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonnie10:

Too many law suits by tenants in EU. Before you know it, a lien is placed on your property by one opportunist.

I think you are mistaken.

Never heard of such before, before I can even agree it is "too many".

Can you show me your source?
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by sonnie10: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
Gamesmart:

I think you are mistaken.

Never heard of such before, before I can even agree it is "too many".

Can you show me your source?

You are hearing from a primary source. Been there, done that.
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonnie10:

You are hearing from a primary source. Been there, done that.

Your singular case is not evidence of "too many".
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by sonnie10: 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
Gamesmart:

Your singular case is not evidence of "too many".
If you go to any county's website, you will find lists of properties with lien on them and reasons for the lien. Sorry I can't do here.
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonnie10:

If you go to any county's website, you will find lists of properties with lien on them and reasons for the lien. Sorry I can't do here.

That is still not evidence of "too much".

Example: Me showing list of houses demolished in Nigeria because of building against city plan is not evidence that "too much" houses are demolished in Nigeria.
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by emeka55: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2020
Na this estate psquare dey live that time. With Raskimono and Richard mofe damijo and Pasuma. This estate was the reigning place for 419 guys and big boys. Chai things happen there o
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by RuggedSniper: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
hedonister:
Here are images of one of the oldest residential estates in the Lagos Mainland.

Omole Estate which is located in Ojodu Berger is one of the popular and oldest residential areas particularly in the Lagos Mainland. It has 2 phases, Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Watch the Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX0c9-vcZwE
Re: Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) by Gamesmart: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
sonnie10:

Firstly, you should provide the link for your county's website.

Secondly, having cases of lien in your county is not proof that "too many" properties in your county, talk less of the entire Europe, has liens put on them.

Natural Heart-Shaped Lake Toyoni In Japan (Pictures) / The Story Of My Trip To Dubai / Best African Country To Migrate To