Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines (24569 Views)

Three Nigerian Sisters Who Are All Pilots Become Centre Of Attraction / Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers / Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Harrykn: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
Me, i want to eat. Oya let's contribute and buy rice. My granny has a flying broom in the village and with it i can fly ikeja to agege, i can call her to negotiate with iya mahmood cus i heard she makes the one with passengers seats and travels far distance across high tensions. This life no balance at all.
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Goldenfinger: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

I Advice you to Drop whatever you think you know and get yourself Ready!!

.to be more sincere i know ntin and dont even know a bible verse self....i admire your bravery in christ,but sir the bible said there is a time for everitin,this is a business thread the least you could was pray for GODS intervention in our economy.
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Ishilove: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
The pilots and engineers in the two organisations had earlier rejected pay cut, prompting the managements to take a drastic decision to sack them.

These people too should be reasonable. They should have accepted the paycut, depending on the terms of the pay cut
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Angelfrost(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2020
Everyone needs to be considerate here... While the airlines shouldn't cut jobs anyhow, the association needs to stop pretending and face reality. How are they supposed to maintain remuneration when they are operating way below profitability??!

They ought to reach a mutual compromise... They can meet with their staff, and table the pressing issues... Pay cuts and part time/contract services can be agreed in the interim... The economy is on the path to recovery (I hope), with time full services will resume, with things back to normal.
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by SirBastine: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
For Air Peace.... I understand they are hit by the pandemic

But for Carverton and their brothers... They are just greedy and want to flow with the tide so as to increase their profit at the detriment of their workers...

Very soon they will start flying with one pilot... Or over use the few pilots left,,, when crash happens we will still blame the innocent village people while calling on 'God' to come and solve humanly created problems.
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by 175(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
Newguyhere:
Hello guys, please I currently need the services of a Linux expert..

Please comment on this thread if you are one.
I will pay.
https://www.nairaland.com/6036259/linux-expert-wanted

Contact Lie Muhammad. He lies so much!

He's an expert lienus cum linux
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by akaahs(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rgade:
Who are these ones? So they think mutiny is the solution?
So because of your unionism and Aluta, someone's business should now crash?
Was it only their members that suffered retrenchment?
Virgin airlines has filed for bankruptcy. What kind of self-centeredness is this.
I suppose every union or umbrella should now come out and threaten to shut down their sector of the economy, because of job losses due to the pointless lockdown enforced by our clueless government.
Association of bankers, accountants,teachers,oil workers, farmers; all of them should come out and blow hot nah.
If they are looking for whom to direct their grievances at,let them go after the dumb presidential task force on covid-19.
Uptop say they reject pay cut ooo

1 Like

Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Patode: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
So Nigerian pilots and engineers now have false sense of entitlement:

Arik pilots are not really working right now:
Aero pilots are not really working:
BA dropped 1135 pilots in June:
Aer Lingus : All pilots on 50% part time:
Virgin UK 47% pay cut with 426 pilots dropped:
Ryanair 50% reduction in basic pay:
Emirates 50% pay cut on basic salary:
Qatar new 25% basic salary reduction plus 25% flight pay reduction:
Saudia About 50 first Officers and 45 Captains prematurely terminated:
Oman Air has terminated around 200 pilots and hundreds of cabin crew:
Virgin Atlantic declared bankruptcy:
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by RapistOnBail: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:
If all these Happenings all over the Earth are not the Signs of the End of all things , I don't know whatelse to call it..

Brothers/Sisters, Sit up! No Dulling! WeFlysoonest!!?
grin
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by earnit1: 12:12am On Aug 06, 2020
Oh
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Grateful02(m): 2:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Honestly I get pissed off with UNIONS at times because of noise everywhere. Imagine threathening to strike as if if they won't do same had it been they owned this companies. This is why one needs to get to invest afew of his cash and not spending all. Perhaps we all know laying off workers are plans for businesses to survive. So imagine maybe some1 had been working for shell for 5years+ and as a result of the pandemic you got sacked and you gave up to protest. Come on! What have you been using your salaries for the whole years for??
My thoughts are with those sacked this period, we'll get back stronger
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by chaloskyx: 2:41am On Aug 06, 2020
let them recall them but not pay them salary shey you guys dont mind working for free they are telling you the business is dying you want to form resistant okay ground the airport and you think those that have jobs in the airport and need to feed their family wont resist you?
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Midastorch(m): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2020
The intelligence in this is that the Aviation sector wants t use style to receive Grants from the Govt..
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 06, 2020
hedonister:
NIgerian workers should stop being greedy. You can't always have it your way. A pay cut is better than an outright sack.
Did you read the claim at all? They're talking about their lack of engagement before the action of pay cut and then sacking of those pilot.

1 Like

Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2020
Beno3:
Make them cry their cry.
When we dey cry our own cry them dey form for instagram like, DO YOU HAVE A PILOT IN YOUR FAMILY?
These people have never said anything about the situations and hapennings in nigeria till it's now their turn. grin

This life an per head
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by ndubuisi205: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
HANG YOUR HOPE ON THE ONE WHO KNOWS TOMMORROW
JESUS IS THE ANSWER FEAR EVERYWHERE.
Re: Sack: Pilots, Engineers Threaten To Shut Down All Airlines by Basher8583: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
If all these Happenings all over the Earth are not the Signs of the End of all things , I don't know whatelse to call it..

Brothers/Sisters, Sit up! No Dulling! WeFlysoonest!!?

See this one high on spiritual cannabis.
Who is flying you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Interview Questions And What They Mean / 10 IT Jobs Of The "Highest Salary" You Should Consider. / Things You Should Never Share At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.