Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi (1045 Views)

Portable Attacks Olamide For Signing His Ex- Signee, Young Duu / Fan Disappointed At Olamide For Laughing While Naira Marley Trolls Simi / OLIC4: Nigerians Slam Olamide For Inviting Yomi SARS To Perform At His Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi by 5Ebiscoo: 8:22am On Aug 06, 2020
Popular indigenous rapper, Olamide has been forced to take down the visuals of his 2019 hit track, Wonma which drew widespread criticisms from social media users.

The trending hashtag, #NursesAreNotSexualObjects was used by Nigerians, who condemned the rapper for sexualizing the nursing profession in the music video.

The video shows women in nurse uniforms dancing seductively and performing sex acts on their male patients while on duty.

Olamide has since deleted the video on from his YouTube channel and his Instagram page.

Reacting to the development, the Nursing world Nigeria, a site that connects Nigerian nurses, released a statement which reads;

“Thanks to everyone who took the time to report and request that the video by @Olamide posted on Instagram be taken down.

While we acknowledge the fact that @Olamide has brought the sounds and beats of Nigeria and Africa to the world at large, the fact still remains that @Olamide recent music video misrepresents and totally disrespects the Nursing profession and healthcare providers. With a video WONMA depicting nurses as sextoys and sex objects to over 3.4M and 6.9M followers on @Twitter, @AppleMusic and @instagram.

It was heartbreaking, to say the least.

To those who also made the calls and desired to remain unnamed, we also appreciate you.

To everyone who used the hashtag: #NursesAreNotSexualObjects we also say thank you

The video has now been removed

Nurses Are No Sexual Objects”

Read Also: Adekunle Gold Reacts To Simi’s Apology To LGBT Community

See the statement and reactions below:

Nurses are responsible and modest professionals who do not engage in such activities. These are not Nurses. Refrain from all miscommunication that they are. #NursesAreNotSexualObjects @NANSNM_Nigeria @nannna_org @NunsaNational @babynurseqeebah @ChimerezeCaleb @Nrs_Idreeserh

— Official NUNSA National (@NunsaNational) August 4, 2020

Olamide just removed the terrible music video that portrayed nurses in a bad light.. Go to his IG page and you wouldn't find that content there anymore… We are looking forward to him removing it on YouTube. Thanks to all who fought the fight with us.#NursesAreNotSexualObjects pic.twitter.com/vBQYYelISE

— THE ER NURSE�️���� (@pastorchristob1) August 4, 2020

I saw that Olamide's video and it was trash ���

This is not even about nurses, it was utterly rubbish!

— Uncle Tomi (@UnusualBobo) August 4, 2020

Nurses are not sexual object I repeat Nurses are not sexual object or you need me to off my mic to tell you face to face �@instablog9ja @Olamide @LumiOfLagos

— maurenshupee.dace (@MaurenshupeeD) August 4, 2020

The post Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘Sexual Objects’ In New Music Video appeared first on Information Nigeria.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/nigerians-drag-olamide-portraying-nurses-exual-objects-new-music-video/

Re: Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi by cinoedhunter: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2020
Lol.. naija don tire me undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi by ashewoboy(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2020
my own is that 90% of ladies above 18 years of age are non virgins. won ma docheesy.

even safarigirl is not a virgin. make she nor dey cajole uscheesy.
Re: Nigerians Drag Olamide For Portraying Nurses As ‘$exual Objects’ In New Music Vi by Phenomenal16(f): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2020
Saw this video in my class WhatsApp group
Nawah
I just weak

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Mocks DONALD Trump as Joe biden wins Election / Wizkid’s Signee Terri Cries Out As He Shares His Ordeals With Music Career / Bayelsa Female Welder Faith Lesley Celebrates Younger Sister On Her Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.