Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. (728 Views)

Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details / Extract Information From A Resume Using One Line Of Python Code / I Built An Application That Allows You Marry Your Celebrity Crush Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 10:33am On Aug 06, 2020
Good day all, I am not really sure if this is the right section but I need help.

I am carrying out a research on a particular topic. I am wondering if I can get an application that would glean information for me.
For example, An application that will extract from the internet all Daily Trust newspaper reports on Boko Haram, from 2010 to 2020. I will print it out and carry out my research.

Please, please, please, I need help.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by stanliwise(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2020
Breadfruit:
Good day all, I am not really sure if this is the right section but I need help.

I am carrying out a research on a particular topic. I am wondering if I can get an application that would glean information for me.
For example, An application that will extract from the internet all Daily Trust newspaper reports on Boko Haram, from 2010 to 2020. I will print it out and carry out my research.

It is called web scrapping

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by MediaTech1: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2020
Yes it is possible,but i have to know the level of your mind sent. Hope you will not use it against me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by falcon01: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2020
look at how easy the world has gotten, Hone are those days when you have to visit library, research centres, Hospital reports, Police Stations and all to get info but now even with Internet and Google that you can easily get everything sharp sharp you still want to be lazy. Technology is everything. it's possible though it's called web mining or scraping
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 11:45am On Aug 06, 2020
stanliwise:

It is called web scrapping

Oh, thanks so much. Please do you know who or where to approach for this? And the cost implications?
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2020
MediaTech1:
Yes it is possible,but i have to know the level of your mind sent. Hope you will not use it against me.

I am using it for research please. Totally legit and I have to use this due to the amount of data I need. Please how do I get such an application? Who do I approach because I approached a few IT Persons who said there wasn’t anything of such.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2020
falcon01:
look at how easy the world has gotten, Hone are those days when you have to visit library, research centres, Hospital reports, Police Stations and all to get info but now even with Internet and Google that you can easily get everything sharp sharp you still want to be lazy. Technology is everything. it's possible though it's called web mining or scraping

I don’t understand. Am I not trying to get information from the internet now? I knew what I wanted but after speaking to a few IT people, no one could give me what I wanted until I came here. After all, I will analyze and interpret the data myself. I am writing the whole work myself, literature review which I am reading widely. If I need Sudan newspapers, in this age why travel to Sudan to get hundreds of newspapers spanning over 10 years, from different regions,when I can mine such off the internet.
The hard way is not always the only way please. We make things difficult for ourselves in Nigeria.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by stanliwise(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Breadfruit:

Oh, thanks so much. Please do you know who or where to approach for this? And the cost implications?
I am busy with a project currently now and would be free by next week Wednesday but I can web scrap for you. The price depends on what you need. Contact me on WhatsApp 08172---833---073
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
stanliwise:
I am busy with a project currently now and would be free by next week Wednesday but I can web scrap for you. The price depends on what you need. Contact me on WhatsApp 08172---833---073

Ok, thank you. Ive saved your number, I’ll give you a call.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
chidemavian:
Web scrapping it is

Reach me

https:///23407031009036

I’m not currently on watsapp due to some reasons. I will call you.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by 404Dev: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Use https://www.mozenda.com they have q 30 day free trail period. which should be enough to get what you want. You can watch 1 or 2 videos on YouTube to further understand how it works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
404Dev:
Use https://www.mozenda.com they have q 30 day free trail period. which should be enough to get what you want. You can watch 1 or 2 videos on YouTube to further understand how it works.
thank you so much. I’ll check it out.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by WebMind: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Try HTTrack or let me know if is webpage based extraction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by ibromodzi: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
Breadfruit:

I don’t understand. Am I not trying to get information from the internet now? I knew what I wanted but after speaking to a few IT people, no one could give me what I wanted until I came here. After all, I will analyze and interpret the data myself. I am writing the whole work myself, literature review which I am reading widely. If I need Sudan newspapers, in this age why travel to Sudan to get hundreds of newspapers spanning over 10 years, from different regions,when I can mine such off the internet.
The hard way is not always the only way please. We make things difficult for ourselves in Nigeria.

Can I know the kind of research you are into? I just want to confirm if it has anything to do with Natural Language Processing.

1 Like

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by darkdenizen: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Breadfruit:

I will do it for you
Just call me via zero81three9five9two7six0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
WebMind:
Try HTTrack or let me know if is webpage based extraction.
Thank you. I will try all the suggestions here to see which one fits best. Very grateful.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
ibromodzi:

Can I know the kind of research you are into? I just want to confirm if it has anything to do with Natural Language Processing.

No, it doesn’t. It’s a conflict/ media study. I am focusing on newspaper reports.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by Breadfruit: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
darkdenizen:

I will do it for you
Just call me via zero81three9five9two7six0

Ok, we will talk.
Re: I Need An Application That Can Extract Information From The Internet. by ibromodzi: 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Breadfruit:

No, it doesn’t. It’s a conflict/ media study. I am focusing on newspaper reports.

Alright.

(1) (Reply)

Church Website In Php/mysql With Free Source Code Download / My Largest Html/css And Tailwind Frameworks, Help With Reviews! / Please Which One of this laptop Should I Choose for web development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.