Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Another Lovely One From Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Lovely One From Buhari (913 Views)

Here Is The Message I Got From Buhari Support Organisation / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily / WAEC Distances Itself From Buhari’s Result Released By Govt. College Kastina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Lovely One From Buhari by Genbuhari3: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2011
ACN, CPC Alliance Talks Has Not Collapsed, Says Buhari Saturday, 12 February 2011 00:00 By Godwin Ijediogor and Samson Ezea News - National
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest
FORMER military Head of State and Presidential candidate of Congress For Progressive Change (CPC) Alhaji Muhammed Buhari yesterday said the alliance talks between his party and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) had not collapsed.

In an interview with The Guardian in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said he was disappointed over the statement credited to the national chairman of ACN Chief Bisi Akande that the alliance talk between his party and ACN had collapsed and that he Buhari was responsible for it.

“The alliance talk has not collapsed. I believe both ACN and CPC tried their best, but we worked against time and certain principles. Firstly, there was move by AC before it changed to ACN that I should join AC and I would get the ticket. That time, they didn’t know that we had gone very far with our application to register CPC. Eventually, when the registration came after 11 months and 18 days, I formally left ANPP and joined the CPC. And initially, as expected, most of my energies and those who did the work of liaising for the registration pushed to get the CPC on ground. I still maintain that the alliance has not collapsed.

“There will be no confusion, there are two parties and if we agree at whatever level and I believe with effective communication and sensitization, there will be no confusion. It is possible to tell our supporters on how to vote because each party will maintain her logo.

“The ideal thing would have been to field one presidential candidate, but that didn’t happen. We had our convention earlier on and I was elected and ratified as the presidential candidate of our party. That time we were still talking with AC, if they had wanted me to be the flag bearer of the alliance as suggested earlier before they became ACN, they wouldn’t have produced a presidential candidate again.

“I could recall that in 2007, six political parties did their congresses and primaries, but didn’t field any presidential candidate having adopted me as their presidential candidate. It is not such a big deal. Even now, there are some political parties under the umbrella of CNN led by Alhaji Balarabe Musa. They have met and adopted me as their presidential candidate and have passed the message across their supporters and members. Maybe because ACN is older than CPC, that is why people are so concerned, but the possibility of having alliance with ACN before the election is very possible,” Buhari said.

On the choice of Pastor Tunde Bakare as his running mate in the forthcoming presidential election, the former military head of state said it was informed by Bakare’s performance as the leader of the Save Nigeria Group.
Bakare came to political limelight when he convened the Save Nigeria Group (SNG) rally and mobilised Nigerians from different parts of the country to protest at the peak of the late President Umaru Musa Yar Adua’s health crisis that nearly threw the country into constitutional crisis due to selfish interest of some people.

Stressing that he was given to identifying with any person or group who showed commitment to Nigeria’s cause, Buhari said: “Bakare is committed and courageous. What else do I need for somebody to be my right hand man? That is the best qualification any Nigerian can have.”
[b]He said Bakare had a lot of political value. “What do you mean by political value? This time around Nigerians will know what political value is and I don’t know how you define it. What Nigerians need now is a patriotic and committed leader, somebody that is courageous enough to speak out. This is what we have in Pastor Tunde Bakare,” Buhari said.[/b]He also said that he was not satisfied with the way the Federal government had been handling the security crisis rocking the country ahead of the elections.

“If you could recall the Jos crisis started in 1991 and by the last one, so many lives had been lost. How many committees government since then and none of their reports had set up and recommendations have seen the light of the day. That is corruption. How can one allow his citizens to be killing one another and destroying properties for more than ten years? And you failed to effectively stop it,” Buhari said.

He said he refused to amass wealth or steal public fund while in office because he did not want to have anything he could not account for in life.

“I was a hungry man like anybody and I like money. But I have always said it to my close associates and have continued to say it that I don’t want to have anything I cannot account for,” Buharis declared. “Up till today, I don’t want to have anything that I will be embarrassed because I cannot account how I got it. That is why I tried to keep away, not only from public fund but from other people’s fund.”
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by tolu001: 10:53am On Feb 12, 2011
“I was a hungry man like anybody and I like money. But I have always said it to my close associates and have continued to say it that I don’t want to have anything I cannot account for,” Buharis declared. “Up till today, I don’t want to have anything that I will be embarrassed because I cannot account how I got it. That is why I tried to keep away, not only from public fund but from other people’s fund.”

GEJ, OBJ and all the PDP partners-in-looting should take a lesson from that
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
"PTF Projects: The Abacha regime created a parallel government through the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) headed by Major General Muhammed Buhari. Nothing else typifies the marginalisation of the Yoruba than the lopsidedness of the projects carried out by the PTF. Figures from PTF Situation Reports (Vol. 2 Dec. 98) show that the PTF carried on as if there was no South West.

Of all the roads rehabilitated by he PTF, only 1984.5 kilometres of roads representing 10.84 per cent were carried out in the South West; from where the bulk of the PTF revenue came since the zone consumes over 60 per cent of refined petroleum products. All the Southern States had 4,440.43 kms or 24 per cent of road rehabilitation as against 13,870.47 kms or 76 per cent in the Northern States zone three comprising the North-West States of Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara had a lion share of 5020 kms or 27.42 per cent because the Fund’s Chairman, Buhari and the military dictator Sani Abacha were from there; zone four comprising the North-East States of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe picked 23.48 per cent. This is the zone where Salihijo Ahmed, the late Chief Executive of Afri-Project Consortium APC, the sole consultants that supervised all PTF projects came from."

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20061228122222zg/nigeria-watch/all-about-the-oputa-panel-hrvic/nigeria-has-persecuted-the-yoruba-submission-of-afenifere-to-the-human-rights-violations/

^^^^^

A not so lovely one, courtesy of Buhari.
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by Becomrichn: 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
f
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by MeAboki(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^

LOL, ODECHUKWU, PHD with no IQ cheesy cheesy just too funny, but seriously ol boy this your theory get as e be. ooO grin grin
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by ddcmachine: 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
How many tenures will a yoruba man lead us? Where is gej taking a third place? Do more research
Re: Another Lovely One From Buhari by miqos02(m): 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2011
@becomerichn
'The other option is to replace the PDP presidential candidate with a Yorubaman. And have a Yoruba president.'

bros u can do better

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Vs Sanusi - Who Is Right? / Boko Haram Financial And Arms Sponsors Killed / What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.