Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman (3624 Views)

A School Named After Sir Emeka Offor In Katsina State (Photo) / Hostel Named After Firdausi Amasa At Islamic Leadership Academy, Kuje / Okopoly Staff, Students Want School Named After Ekwueme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by Teebro(m): 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Saint Lucia (French: Sainte-Lucie) is a sovereign island country in the West Indies in the eastern Caribbean Sea on the boundary with the Atlantic Ocean.

The island was formerly called Iyonola, the name was given to the island by the native Amerindians and later,Hewanorra the name given by the native Caribs.

Part of the Lesser Antilles, it is located north/northeast of the island of Saint Vincent, northwest of Barbados and south of Martinique. It covers a land area of 617 km2 (238 square miles) and reported a population of 165,595 in the 2010 census. Its capital is Castries.

The island was ruled by the French and British seven (7) times each. The French were the first set of people to settle on the island.

From 1958 to 1962 the island was a member of the West Indies Federation.

On 22 February 1979, Saint Lucia became an independent state and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.

https://www.schoolngr.com/2020/8/facts-see-the-name-facts-about-the-only-country-in-the-world-named-after-a-woman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by colossus91(m): 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
hmm
Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by FullBlastLight: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Every time I hear things like dis, I often wonder why many pple misguidedly think shld Nig break into splinter territories they won't each survive & develope well in their respective spheres!

For crying out loud, Saint Lucia, Vatican City, Paula, Solomon Island & d likes, are not even as naturally endowed & populated as some mere LGA in Nig, yet they are striving well!

Sometimes, I begin 2 reason dt our diversity has inherently made National Unity & National Development practically unachievable as it only exists in theory or jst technically, bt not in reality!

As a result, it has, since Independence, cost us more harms in dis false federation than it wld hv been if they exist as separate entities!

Most individual countries around d world are basically formed along their unique predominant homogeneous features rather than an amalgamation of diverse territories of contrasting heterogeneous traits as a single political entity!

Anywhere like Nig where such errors happened, they usually hv certain peculiar problems, like disunity among others, wich retards growth & decelerate development!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by MikeBetty(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
[quote author=FullBlastLight post=92519401]Every time I hear things like dis, I often wonder why many pple misguidedly think shld Nig break into splinter territories they won't each survive & develope well in their respective spheres!

For crying out loud, Saint Lucia, Vatican City, Paula, Solomon Island & d likes, are not even as naturally endowed & populated as some mere LGA in Nig, yet they are striving well!

It Is Caused By Oves Dependence On Monthly National Cake. The Govnrs Dont Think Out Of The Box. Their Lazy Youths Are On Nairaland To Shout Down Reasonable Voices.

As a result, it has, since Independence, cost us more harms in dis false federation than it wld hv been if they exist as separate entities!

Most individual countries around d world are basically formed along their unique predominant homogeneous features rather than an amalgamation of diverse territories of contrasting heterogeneous traits as a single political entity!

Anywhere like Nig where such errors happened, they
Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
What a beautiful island.
Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by Randymarsh: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
E sure me die say nigerians go dey this saint lucia...i fit bet my left balls

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by gungab(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Teebro:
Saint Lucia (French: Sainte-Lucie) is a sovereign island country in the West Indies in the eastern Caribbean Sea on the boundary with the Atlantic Ocean.

The island was formerly called Iyonola, the name was given to the island by the native Amerindians and later,Hewanorra the name given by the native Caribs.

Part of the Lesser Antilles, it is located north/northeast of the island of Saint Vincent, northwest of Barbados and south of Martinique. It covers a land area of 617 km2 (238 square miles) and reported a population of 165,595 in the 2010 census. Its capital is Castries.

The island was ruled by the French and British seven (7) times each. The French were the first set of people to settle on the island.

From 1958 to 1962 the island was a member of the West Indies Federation.

On 22 February 1979, Saint Lucia became an independent state and a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.

https://www.schoolngr.com/2020/8/facts-see-the-name-facts-about-the-only-country-in-the-world-named-after-a-woman

Common Meeenh

Now I know

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by haiti007(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Interesting

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by merieam16(f): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by paulolee(m): 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
nice

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by NettyNelly(m): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2020
Never heard of it. But a beautiful island.
I offer professional branding for your Business. Check my portfolio on my signature

1 Like

Re: See The Name & Facts About The Only Country In The World Named After A Woman by Chirowman(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2020
what a beautiful island

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Offa,kwara State{information} / 8 Facts Every University Freshers Should Know / Olabisi Onabanjo University: Meets Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.