Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard (25101 Views)

Amaechi, Reps In Face Off Over $33b Chinese Loan / Reps In Free-for-all As Gbajabiamila Suspends Plenary / Senate, Reps In Closed Door Meeting Over Impeachment Plot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Kingspin(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
stevnwigw1:
Good morning south west Nigeria.
The sophisticated ones didn't consider all that during elections.

This mumu is overdone.

The South is weak because of them.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by daniwise(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
Southerners need to speak up against this devilish bill.its no time for playing this tribalistic card that's taking us nowhere.F.G=Hausa/Fulani.should F.G be allowed to control land and water,it simply means Fulani /Hausa will have successfully taken over Nigeria.Its about time Southerners woke up from this long sleep.shikena

2 Likes

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Truthisit: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Islie:
…As house breach own rules, constitution, to push through legislation

VANGUARD

Southern Senators and Political leaders are unanimously against it. It will not scale through.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Akapito: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
This Bill is worst than RUGA settlement.

Southern Nigeria must not allow this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Akapito: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tumbulum:
I thought the right thing to do from this moment going forward is to begin to make move to reduce the power of the federal governor. Why should all water bodies and resources both in and out be kept under the care of the federal government? Does it mean our local fishermen will have to seek the license of the federal government in order to carrying out fishing?

This law must not see the light of the day

If this happens, then the Core Northerners will take over and be in charge of the Waters just like the Oil wells

1 Like

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Kirigidi(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Malawian:

All these rubbish the North is doing will amount to nothing once the South Arms itself up.
That is exactly what the South need to do fast and always at alert. The northerners have been taking advantage of our lack of unity and cowardice for too long. The time has come for the entire South (SW,SS,SE) to unite and defend their ancestral lands before these uncircumcised desert bastards from the Sahara overrun the land.

3 Likes

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Coldie(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nice move. I also advocate that states should relinquish control over their IGR and it should be placed in the federal purse.

This system whereby some states that collect taxes for services rendered to Nigerians from other states must stop
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Ategberoson(m): 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
selemempe:
you guys are the people that empower the northerners

empower? is that a political word? or your self observance?

no one empower anyone than Igbo, go and read your history how Ironsi used his naive unitary system of govt to handover the rest of Nigerians in the hand of blockhead aboki
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by RemoveKebab: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
PrecisionFx:

U mean Buhari?
and the cabals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by PrudencyFeats: 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Malawian:

All these rubbish the North is doing will amount to nothing once the South Arms itself up.

Ordinary neighborhood watch groups that southern regions planned to create got them scared, scattered and running from pillar to post.

They will do everything possible to continue the divide and rule system against the south.

Lets wake up, my people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Land grabbing bill?

You mean they want to stop land grabbers from owning 98% Lagos, 94% of Abuja, 92% of Kano, 87% New York and 88% Washington DC?

Buhari APC jihadist party stopping them from progressing since 1243 BC. undecided
What is this one saying??

2 Likes

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by proeast(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
So all the lands in the North is not enough for them? They now want to seize the ancestral lands of Southerners??

I can see that these guys are now feeling invincible. They believe they can do anything, no matter how evil it is against the South and middle belt, and still get away with it. Well, they are in for a huge surprise. As they say, pride goes before a fall and their fall will be so disastrous.

It is becoming very clear that this useless country will not remain an entity beyond 2023.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by vioment: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
I like this. It is a good step.

Our problem is vision and follow through.

Make every land taxable depending on size. Make it taxable for every two months. A bigger land space should pay more taxes.

I really think after electricity and security, this is a major one.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by osusuallstars: 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Buhari was a cow
Aisha is a dog and Yusuf is a monkey

1 Like

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
Their Sweetest hobby na to Share...
Na some people biggest motivation be that o
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by seunayantokun(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
stevnwigw1:
Good morning south west Nigeria.

This kind of view has never helped any society. This problem affects every part of Nigeria
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Xenowerk4000(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Land grabbing bill?

You mean they want to stop land grabbers from owning 98% Lagos, 94% of Abuja, 92% of Kano, 87% New York and 88% Washington DC?

Buhari APC jihadist party stopping them from progressing since 1243 BC. undecided

Did you read the article ?
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by earnit3: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Good
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by masui(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Who has that material that went off in Beirut. I want to demolish my structure and start a fresh one. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by BabaIbo: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
legionISproteus:
express wey we done dey since 2015. Dem just dey climb us

What a country!
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by themanderon: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
They are only working to fulfill their grandfather's wish. Notice anytime they want to get something that favours them they call it national.
Hope it will not be too late before we realise ourselves in this country.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
If this bill passes my village and all of Rivers State is gone because every where in rivers state is water there's a water body from soku to choba and beyond there is a river, tributary, stream, some kind of water way every where lol they want to own us this way they can also claim ownership of the oil wells at once since it is also on the land the FG owns
There's a war coming soon in Nigeria that would divide this country but I don't know when that will happen. There is an agenda, If they try it in rivers state, something serious would happen.

1 Like

Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 07, 2020
vioment:
I like this. It is a good step.

Our problem is vision and follow through.

Make every land taxable depending on size. Make it taxable for every two months. A bigger land space should pay more taxes.

I really think after electricity and security, this is a major one.
Because you are the owner of the land, criminal act. Very soon this country go divide make I see how it can happen. Thieves in Nigeria everywhere.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by vioment: 4:42am On Aug 07, 2020
onyechez:

Because you are the owner of the land, criminal act. Very soon this country go divide make I see how it can happen. Thieves in Nigeria everywhere.

You should be able to lease or rent but not buy it outright. I think that is a good idea. You should pay taxes on your land.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by tsspsolutions: 5:07am On Aug 07, 2020
godwinkessi:
I learnt USA just uncovered the plans of terrorist to invade southern part of Nigeria. Maybe this is plans of some people to give them way. Yet u see some southerners supporting this evil people. angry

Why won't they support them when the only thing they know his money. When they see it, their thinking faculties automatically become faulty and the enemy has money in abundance.
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by selemempe: 5:18am On Aug 07, 2020
Ategberoson:

empower? is that a political word? or your self observance?

no one empower anyone than Igbo, go and read your history how Ironsi used his naive unitary system of govt to handover the rest of Nigerians in the hand of blockhead aboki
blah blah blah....Igbos have always tried to keep the north out power while yorubas have always tried to hand power to them on a platter. Don't try to confuse anybody here
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by Ategberoson(m): 5:21am On Aug 07, 2020
selemempe:
blah blah blah....Igbos have always tried to keep the north out power while yorubas have always tried to hand power to them on a platter. Don't try to confuse anybody here

you don't have brain of your own, pls visit Nigeria early politics of Nigeria and see how overzealousness of your kinsmen played in the hand of Abokki

you need to read and digest that before I can be engaging with you
Re: Reps In Secret Plot To Pass Land-Grabbing Bill - Vanguard by selemempe: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Ategberoson:

you don't have brain of your own, pls visit Nigeria early politics of Nigeria and see how overzealousness of your kinsmen played in the hand of Abokki

you need to read and digest that before I can be engaging with you
and today that everybody's eyes have opened, yoruba is still playing into the hands of abokìna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Domkat Bali Dies At 80. Buhari, Atiku Mourn / Samuel Nwanosike Apologises For Calling Fubara A "Foolish Governor" / Posterity Will Judge Oshiomhole,uzodimma Over Fate Of APC In South East-okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.