Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,299 members, 7,822,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination (5213 Views)

Do You Think Any Nigeria Musician Can Win a Grammy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by pckid: 11:22am On Feb 12, 2011
“Collard greens and Corn bread” co written by the ”Kele Kele’ singer has been nominated for The Grammys this year. The song features on Fantasia’s her third studio album Back to me album and has been nominated in the best R & B category.

Tiwa Savage co wrote the song with Nickolas Ashford ,Valeria Simpson, Warren Felder and Andrew Wansel.

Fantasia is a singer from North Carolina, US who won the third season of American Idol – sixty-five million people voted her as winner and then she got signed to , http://questionmarkmag.com/2011/02/tiwa-savage-scores-a-grammy-nomination/
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by ruz(m): 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
The nomination is not for Tiwa Savage in any way, its a nomination for best R and B, not best song writer, so keep it low. For avoidance of doubt, only Femi Kuti and Sunny Ade remain naija's grammy nominees. That girl is nowhere close to a grammy, judging my her crappy kele kele luv.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by MeGaStReEt: 12:59am On Feb 13, 2011
lol, see as people dey desperate

them wan carry another person award nomination
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shotster50(m): 1:29am On Feb 13, 2011
@ op
Go believe.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by lakeside4love(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2011
N here was i thinking she got a nod 4 her Kelekele track.Complete misinformation.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shotster50(m): 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
She even come for twitter dey pose like say dem nominate am, smh
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shilling(f): 9:23am On Feb 14, 2011
Hmmmmm. . . this is interesting. She wrote the song, and the [b]album [/b]is nominated, so this doesn't really relate to her.

Anyways, her version of the song is really good, girl can sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvo2NGwc1-g
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shotster50(m): 3:12am On Feb 15, 2011
shilling:

Hmmmmm. . . this is interesting. She wrote the song, and the [b]album [/b]is nominated, so this doesn't really relate to her.

Anyways, her version of the song is really good, girl can sing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvo2NGwc1-g

''Co wrote''
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 15, 2011
I think she still gets an award, even if it's co-writing that she did on one track.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shotster50(m): 4:49am On Feb 15, 2011
ogugua88:

I think she still gets an award, even if it's co-writing that she did on one track.

In your opinion that is.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Nobody: 4:51am On Feb 15, 2011
shotster50:

In your opinion that is.

Not my opinion ohh. Yeye Grammy rules, if it's true anyway. I don't think she's talented. Most Grammy winners are no longer talented. I was so relieved Justin Bieber didn't win anything. There's still hope in music lol.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by shotster50(m): 5:23am On Feb 15, 2011
If she did get an award, why wasnt she at the awards show at the very least?!
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 15, 2011
I no know ohh. I'm not Tiwa or Fantasia lol.

Did you know that the akata judge on Nigerian Idol taught Michael Jackson how to moonwalk? I don't think I've seen him blowing any horns about teaching Michael Jackson a move that solidified MJ's career (in my opinion). It's only Fantasia we're discussing sha, she can sing oh, but she's not Christina Aguilera.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by DisGuy: 2:57am On Feb 16, 2011
Tiwa na babe abeg, still wondering what the heck she is doing in naija though

I think she has taken the easier option, i mean fame is cheap in naija, just one video you don
She should have stayed in Yankee and toughed it out instead of going the naija route, she can always do that any time

Well done to her

Ogagua88 na real babe too oh you wan try wink
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 16, 2011
Dis Guy:

Tiwa na babe abeg, still wondering what the heck she is doing in naija though

I think she has taken the easier option, i mean fame is cheap in naija, just one video you don
She should have stayed in Yankee and toughed it out instead of going the naija route, she can always do that any time

Well done to her

Ogagua88 na real babe too oh you wan try wink

I'm glad that came from someone else's mouth lol. I no wan try ohh. I no wan shake shankolo for camera. Better things dey for my mind lol.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by DisGuy: 3:41am On Feb 16, 2011
ogugua88:

I'm glad that came from someone else's mouth lol. I no wan try ohh. I no wan shake shankolo for camera. Better things dey for my mind lol.

which one be shankolo, abeg talk ya mind jare

I mean she will be competing with yahoo boys now, doing shows where she might not be paid and some top shot at a telecoms company will be looking to touch her up to front their adverts yuck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqADbtu-Km0&feature=related   grin

so ogagua88 when are we visiting Delta together cool
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by AngieFan(f): 8:48am On Feb 16, 2011
Tiwa Savage did not win anything. She co-wrote a single on Fantasia's 'Back to Me' album. The single she co wrote was not nominated and neither did the album win.
Fantasia's single 'Bittersweet' won best vocal R&B performance. Tiwa Savage had nothing to do with the composition of the 'BitterSweet' single.
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Weany: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2021
ruz:
The nomination is not for Tiwa Savage in any way, its a nomination for best R and B, not best song writer, so keep it low. For avoidance of doubt, only Femi Kuti and Sunny Ade remain naija's grammy nominees. That girl is nowhere close to a grammy, judging my her crappy kele kele luv.

Bros, I say make I remind you say na 2021 she win Grammy ooo.

Dont give up on people
Re: Tiwa Savage Scores A Grammy Nomination by Toyade888(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2021
Weany:

Bros, I say make I remind you say na 2021 she win Grammy ooo.

Dont give up on people

She didn't

(1) (Reply)

Music Download: Igbo Di Egwu By Ogb / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Video: Timaya – Ukwu [DOWNLOAD HERE ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.