Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! (5755 Views)

Now That MTN BIS No Longer Works On PC / India Web Proxy 3.2.1 For Internet Browsing / MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by dip0: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2011
In the last few days,MTN have become far more than a headache to me. Having paid 3k for BIS, MTN still deduct my credit when I browse. This only started 2 days ago. Before that time,I never got charged for any data traffic, either mtn wap or internet explorer since I already pay for BIS. But with this new ugly development,my airtime credit has been abruptly deducted to a 0.00 balance twice in the last two days. Thursday, I had well above N200 as phone credit,I tried sending an SMS to another MTN phone that morning and the text didn't go through. I checked my account balance and found out that my balance was 0.00 naira. Thinking I might have made a call I forgot about,I recharged with N200 again yesterday. I made a call and had about N177 as balance. That N177 or so was again unexplicably deducted by MTN. I am so disgusted by this level of unfairness and unjust treatment by MTN. I am not under any contract or agreement that could justify these deductions from my MTN account. I am under the 'PayGo' plan and use BIS,which I duely paid N3,000 for. Called customer care and they said I was browsing from MTN wap instead of the internet explorer. Afterwards,I made sure I wasn't using mtn wap (not like I used it before) but I still got charged. I call customer care again and they say 'some websites route trough mtn wap by default'. This is crap to my ears cos its the same sites I used to visit when the going was good that I still visit. I think I should just write to the telecoms regulatory body cos these deductions are phoney. What d y'all think?

1 Like

Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 1:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
You only lost 400. I have lost 3k in the past to MTN wap. The best thing is to switch network provider. I use Etisalat on my BB
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2011
My xperience withe mtn bis this past days is well enough for one to commit suicide. For a week nw,I have had pm and browsing probs. Agreed,when you use wap browser,u get charged,bt in ur case @poster,its sad. I believ the whole network probs started wit d advent of the stupid paygo package they came up with.

What a useless network. The only fear I have switching to other networks is d bandwidth limit only mtn seem to have as unlimited.
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2011
Airtel do come with 1Gig data Etisalat is unlimited on BIS But glo has fair useage rule. At a point they will cut you off
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2011
@benzion,wats wiv their social or no social bb plan? And hw gud is their edge? Is their daily or weekly plan also unlimited?
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
Etisalat weekly work well that is what I am on. I av not tried the social stuff the product does not appeal to me.Etisalat also allow you to stream with your BB. You can buys easynet for this
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
@benzion, so in essence, there is the regular package that does not conform with the social stuff? if that is the case, guess i might just give them a try. i'd get me a sim and try out the weekly plan. i hope there are hidden charges sha, cos i stream a lot with my bb. Hope their edge is stable? Last thing, what is the current charging plan? thanks
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
Etisalat has the best EDGE network. Pls buy easynet for streaming. It is not free on BIS. Streaming is not even free on MTN. I hadly use Etisalat for call I use Airtel
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2011
Just activated etisalat daily plan to test their service,and I must swear I'm enjoyong their edge. Its even better than mtn 3g. Imagine!
Called their customer care and was told daily plan offers 50mb, weekly-200mb nd month-3gb. Me think the month is quite ok,as u can download as u'd like. And about the other plans,since there is no way to monitor ur band usage,one might use more than d said 50mb.

Thanks @benzion!
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Mcleo007 does that means if I subscribe to 1 month on Etisalat BIS I will not need to pay for streaming again?
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 7:57am On Feb 14, 2011
benzion72:

@Mcleo007 does that means if I subscribe to 1 month on Etisalat BIS I will not need to pay for streaming again?

Sure! I'v never paid for streaming. Even on that useless mtn network or glo. Go to options on ur phone- advanced options - tcp/ip and change ur apn to blackberry.net; leave the user name and password blank. When u want to stream videos use vuclip.com. It gives u access to most video database especially youtube. Hope this helps? I'v been rocking ma etisalat bis. God will punish mtn for giving me shallow service for over a year.
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2011
@Mcleo007 you have done so well. I have being missing a lot. Thanks so much for knowledge shared
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Mcleo007(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2011
benzion72:

@Mcleo007 you have done so well. I have being missing a lot. Thanks so much for knowledge shared

Don't mention bro. Only repaying my gratitude. And that's what nairaland is meant to be.
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
WHAT IS IT,THAT YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD WITH OUR "GREEDY" SERVICE PROVIDERS?
HERE IS 18G FOR JUST N2,000!!!
UPDATE ANTI VIRUS,SOFTWARES
OPEN ALL SECURED SITE LIKE YAHOO,GMAIL,LIBERTY RESERVE,FACEBOOK,YAHOO MESSENGER
DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE,MUSICS,GAMES ETC
18G EVERY MONTH!!! ALL THE WAY, INDAIN WEB PROXY
Re: Mtn Charging Me For Internet Use,even Having Paid For Bis! by benzion72(m): 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
IWP is a fluke do you avb setting for your freedom

(1) (Reply)

I Need Mtn Usb Modem Cheat / Problem: Some Websites Not Opening With Starcomms / How To Flash A Nokia Fone Without A Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.