Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

New Pos Scam Alert!!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Pos Scam Alert!!!! (740 Views)

Security Operative Warns Of New POS Scam This Festive Season (Video) / Bitcoin Scam Alert / (Scam Alert)Avoid this fuel station if you live around this axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Pos Scam Alert!!!! by idibadadanme: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
New fraud alert: I want to share some experience now in Owerri where some criminals will approach unsuspecting POS operators for transactions but their trick is to have access to your phone of the operator to enable them know phone number of the owner of the POS machine so they send a text message to the operator which will fraudulently emanate from a clone phone number of the owner and the text will inform the operator that he (the owner is in the bank and have received the said amount) is authorizing the operator to pay the criminal.
Please, inform others because some operators have lost money through this local scammers!!!!
Re: New Pos Scam Alert!!!! by Artiiclebeast: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
I was just thinking about this POS thing last night and couldn't help but pre-empt how POS frauds that had been exhausted in other climes will become an everyday stuff in Nigeria soon with the proliferation of these kiosks all over with no control or security measures In place to protect customers accounts/funds.

The next scam will be duplicating people's cards, accounts, and pin numbers to clone their cards and wipe their accounts clean.

Watch out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vigilante Group Intercepts Bandits Logistics Suppliers, Recovers Arms(photo) / Shocking: 17-year-old Girl Gang Raped To Death In Cameroon (video/photos) / How Police Killed My Wife In The Presence Of My Five Children Over N2,000!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.