Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart (1416 Views)

9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / Why Are Car Buyers Always Fond Of This Attitude? / Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
To those of you asking of first body this, first body that... Let me ask you a question. How many cars being imported into the country are still first body? Even some that claim the vehicle is containerized tend to bake the cars after claiming the car was scratched in the container and stuff...
Now you'll be asking for a registered vehicle and be specifying the car must be first body. If at all it should be first body,it should be a privilege not an entitlement...
Let's be guided please

4 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by WiseBukoye(m): 5:18am On Aug 07, 2020
Nigerians with unrealistic expectations. They offer prices far below the average market values and expect a 16-17 years used cars with less than 100k mileage, as if cars were bought to be stored in garages.

4 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by valarinz: 6:03am On Aug 07, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by promotervickky(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:
To those of you asking of first body this, first body that... Let me ask you a question. How many cars being imported into the country are still first body? Even some that claim the vehicle is containerized tend to bake the cars after claiming the car was scratched in the container and stuff...
Now you'll be asking for a registered vehicle and be specifying the car must be first body. If at all it should be first body,it should be a privilege not an entitlement...
Let's be guided please

Let me shock you with another KEY!

Cars are repainted in the US, and Europe before the owner even thinks of exporting it!
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by emmaak2(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2020
AND AGAIN DO YOU THERE ARE SOME REPAINTED CARS HERE IN NAIJA THAT STILL LOOK LIKE FIRST BODY
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2020
promotervickky:

Cars are repainted in the US, and Europe before the owner even thinks of exporting it!

I know...

What I'm trying to make people understand is that if one is making a request, he should have it in mind that chances of seeing a first body are slim

4 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 9:03am On Aug 07, 2020
WiseBukoye:
Nigerians with unrealistic expectations. They offer prices far below the average market values and expect a 16-17 years used cars with less than 100k mileage, as if cars were bought to be stored in garages.

Don't forget they also expect it to still carry its factory fitted engine...

3 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by valarinz: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2020
promotervickky:

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by valarinz: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who provoke you this morning na Oga
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by promotervickky(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2020
valarinz:
cheesy

The bear is really cold, I enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2020
valarinz:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who provoke you this morning na Oga

Some inconsiderate end users angry

3 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by 9icetoo(m): 11:55am On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:
Let's be guided please
First body often means the entire car has not been resprayed as a result of an accident or fender benders here on Nigerian soil.
Our paint quality or preparations for the paint job isn't up to scratch.
If I'm buying a Nigerian used car, I'd like to know if the paint has been redone by John under the mango tree.
Some Nigerian used cars still have their factory paint.
Again, people use filler to conceal rust and some serious dents with as much as 1 inch of filler!!!

3 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by 9icetoo(m): 11:58am On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:

Is there anything wrong with a car still having it's factory fitted engine?
Buyer is merely asking for full disclosure.
Imagine a buyer's surprise when a policeman at ore points out to him that the engine number in his vehicle registration is different from the one in his engine bay. Ah.
I can totally understand if you say Nigerian used car buyers come with unrealistic bids but again they have their reasons.
Our maintenance culture is below par. So buyer is merely setting aside money for surprises which will surely come.
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
9icetoo:

Is there anything wrong with a car still having it's factory fitted engine?
Buyer is merely asking for full disclosure.
Imagine a buyer's surprise when a policeman at ore points out to him that the engine number in his vehicle registration is different from the one in his engine bay. Ah.
I can totally understand if you say Nigerian used car buyers come with unrealistic bids but again they have their reasons.
Our maintenance culture is below par. So buyer is merely setting aside money for surprises which will surely come.

You don't understand me chief...I'm not saying a car's engine can't be changed... What I'm trying to explain to you is that some prospective buyer will tell you and I quote... "If the car's engine has been changed,don't bother sending pictures because if the engine has been changed,it starts giving problems from there"

2 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
9icetoo:

First body often means the entire car has not been resprayed as a result of an accident or fender benders here on Nigerian soil.
Our paint quality or preparations for the paint job isn't up to scratch.
If I'm buying a Nigerian used car, I'd like to know if the paint has been redone by John under the mango tree.
Some Nigerian used cars still have their factory paint.
Again, people use filler to conceal rust and some serious dents with as much as 1 inch of filler!!!

You know not all Nigerians are honest about their cars' history...
Some won't service their cars in 5 months and they will claim its serviced with Mobil 1 oil every month...some will have their cars painted by kabiru under ijora bridge and will tell you it's painted by Coscharis Nigeria using sikkens paint...

That's the situation we find ourselves in now... Not every Nigerians have good history about the cars they use presently. Some details have even been forged.
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by thebigkendo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:

You don't understand me chief...I'm not saying a car's engine can't be changed... What I'm trying to explain to you is that some prospective buyer will tell you and I quote... "If the car's engine has been changed,don't bother sending pictures because if the engine has been changed,it starts giving problems from there"

and in most cases this is true.. because OUR mechanic will not install everything back as it should.. work - work, cut & join, up & down ..
I will prefer to buy a car with a bad engine & replace the engine by my self than buy one which was changed by some kazeems grin grin grin
so if i tell you not to waste you data sending me pictures of car with a changed engine.. did i do wrong? is it not my money?

When we ask for first body, this is what we are trying to avoid..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330285_screenshot20200408172451instagram_jpegeca35b05f48aca6e7941636090053fdc
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330286_screenshot20200408172507instagram_jpeg106c2c30e3b3bdc58ccabd62a889a6f5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330287_screenshot20200408172745instagram_jpeg4f41b1d6e14854715e63e4304478a55a

2 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by thebigkendo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
promotervickky:

Sir i will take does cars painted in US and Europe over the potty filled painting in Nigeria..
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by theoilguy: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:

But that is mostly correct.. When a Kazeem helps install a new engine, just be sure that there would be new issues along the way.. The quality of the new engine is also a concern.. If you keep your engine in top notch condition, I don’t see why it won’t easily do 7-10 years in Nigeria.

Right oil, right fluids, injector cleaner from time to time but no!

Nigerians are some of the worse car owners anywhere in the world in terms of maintenance..

Been driving cars for more than 18 years.. have not changed an engine as yet..
Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by timifakay(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
thebigkendo:

and in most cases this is true.. because OUR mechanic will not install everything back as it should.. work - work, cut & join, up & down ..
I will prefer to buy a car with a bad engine & replace the engine by my self than buy one which was changed by some kazeems grin grin grin
so if i tell you not to waste you data sending me pictures of car with a changed engine.. did i do wrong? is it not my money?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330285_screenshot20200408172451instagram_jpegeca35b05f48aca6e7941636090053fdc
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330286_screenshot20200408172507instagram_jpeg106c2c30e3b3bdc58ccabd62a889a6f5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11330287_screenshot20200408172745instagram_jpeg4f41b1d6e14854715e63e4304478a55a

Jesus is Lord!

1 Like

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by timifakay(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
TPound:
Let's be guided please

I once asked a guy if he knows the age of the car he was pricing and if its possible for any human of that age not to have atleast a wound.

2 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2020
thebigkendo:

Jesus!!!

This car will weigh more than 5 tonnes!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Something Important Nigerian Used Car Buyers Should Always Put At Heart by TPound(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
timifakay:

I once asked a guy if he knows the age of the car he was pricing and if its possible for any human of that age not to have atleast a wound.

Taink yew!!!!

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja And Environs, I Can Fix Your Range Rover And Jaguars / Foreign (canadian) Used 2003 Toyota Camry For Sale. / BMW X6 Poor Throttle Response, Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.