Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,367 members, 7,954,490 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

INSPIRATIONAL Shot-your Ideas Could Be Worth More Than Jeff Bezos If You Do This - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / INSPIRATIONAL Shot-your Ideas Could Be Worth More Than Jeff Bezos If You Do This (137 Views)

INSPIRATIONAL SHOT- How The Garage Made Jeff Bezos The World Richest. / INSPIRATIONAL SHOT- The Single Mother That Loved Marcus Rashford. / Funny But Inspirational Quote I Saw On A Vehicle In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INSPIRATIONAL Shot-your Ideas Could Be Worth More Than Jeff Bezos If You Do This by anekearinze(m): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
INSPIRATIONAL SHOT- Your Ideas Could Be Worth More Than Jeff Bezos If You Do This

The myth that it takes JUST money to make money has so divided opinions across a distinct line. As much as I agree people are entitled to their opinions, I see it as preposterous for one to believe it takes just money to make money. The myth is one of the greatest success inhibitors I have ever come across. It devours the psyche and helps one find excuses not to chase one's dreams.

Great ideas(dreams), great desires and hard work can guarantee you money if you mix them in the right proportion. I have seen people who became rich overnight, through lottery or inheritance, lose all the money as quickly as it came because there were no plans nor a roadmap owing to the dearth of great ideas(vision) to sustain their newly found wealth.

Great ideas(dreams), with the right proportion of desire and hard work, have an unwavering affinity with money. I know people who developed great ideas and became rich by having people invest in the ideas because they shared in the dreams and so believed in it. Facebook was a great idea. UBER was a great one too. It brought taxi services to our electronic devices in an unprecedented way. Uber drivers register with the company but use their own vehicles- although drivers can rent a car to drive with Uber.

I was told a story about a technician that was invited to fix a ship after several individuals and tech companies had tried with no results. He arrived with his tool kit, walked around, picked a work tool and tapped somewhere within the engine. The engine sputtered into life immediately. When he served his bill, the manager of the shipping company screamed when he was served a $10,000 invoice. He asked the technician, "all these for just tapping?" The technician smiled and responded, " yes, $1 for tapping and the balance of $9,999 for knowing where to tap." Ideas(knowledge) beget money!

Dangote group with all her money-power could not break into the noodle's market in Nigeria because of the Indomie brand. I was told they later sold off the noodle line to Dufil, the owners of Indomie, when the margins could not improve. Great ideas(not just money) that translated into marketing and product strategies gave Indomie the edge and definitely, the money followed.

We should worry more about transforming our dreams into great ideas and worry less about the money part. If the ideas and strategies are right, the money would follow; great ideas will definitely beget money. It did for Dell. It did for Steve Jobs. Bill Gates took an idea and built an empire out of it. Zuckerberg did it with Facebook. Henry Ford did too. It was Ford that said that he could rebuild his empire if all his cars and factories were destroyed but the people with the right attitude, ideas and knowledge were left with him.

Moreover, I have always thought, “what would the youth of this generation have made of the same apple that brought Isaac Newton fame and success?” They would have probably eaten or sold it off without giving a hoot about the force or the fundamental law that made it fall downwards instead of the other way. It is no longer news that Sir Newton did otherwise and discovered the force of gravity in the process. Whatever the mind can think, the same mind can achieve.

REFLECTION
The world is changing every day. Same with the way we do things. I have had a lot of online training since the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic. I participated in all from the comfort of my home; in fact, in one instance, I was lying on my bed listening and taking down notes. Days are gone when meetings and training are held in big auditoriums and halls. People now sit at the comfort of their homes and have a discussion with colleagues and business associates scattered across the world. This is why a platform like ZOOM will continue smiling to the bank.

There are a lot of venture capital firms or even ‘angel investors’ out there looking for credible and veritable start-ups(ideas) to invest in. They are ready to bankroll start-ups that seem to have long term growth potential. What about those ideas that you have always thought about? Look around you to observe the challenges that exist and begin to search for solutions to them. If there are existing processes around you, have you thought about other ways they can be made better or more efficient? Have you thought about ways certain things could be done that will reduce cost without compromising quality; therein lies all the money!

Finally, let me leave you with this quote by Henry Ford, "thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Note, he did not say making money is the hardest work there is- thinking is.

For more stories:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies For Nigerians. / Urgent / World Textile Expo(wte)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.