Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu (1195 Views)

Obaseki & Philip Shuaibu Visit Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Oshiomhole To APC Reps: If You Want To Go To PDP, Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by vegafbs: 8:18am On Aug 07, 2020
The Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu who a few weeks ago defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, alongside his boss, said he begged Adams Oshiomhole to let go of any grievance he had against Godwin Obaseki but the former labour leader went on with the battle.

Philip Shaibu further revealed how Oshiomhole tried to scheme him into joining the move to unseat Governor Obaseki.

“Oshiomhole wanted to use me to impeach the Governor knowing that I was closer to the members-elect as of that time and members of the State Assembly because I spent 8 years in the House of Assembly here and 18 months in the House of Reps and I have goodwill among the legislators because of my own style.

“And he wanted me to use the same member when they’re elected to remove the Governor and for me to be the Governor and I said no.

“And I said, If I didn’t betray Oshiomhole when I was given money and a plot of land in Maitama to sign his impeachment as at then, I will not betray my own Governor. I don’t have the tendencies.

“I knelt down to beg Oshiomhole for forgive, no matter what Obaseki would have done, which all the questions I asked him, he had no tangible reasons (for wanting to remove Obaseki).

“I knelt down and I begged him. I said ‘I’m your son. Why not because of me and forgive.”

The Edo deputy governor also revealed that on realizing that Oshiomhole had declared a war against the governor, he told the former governor that he will stand with Obaseki come what may.

Shaibu said he will fight to the very last to ensure that his boss is defended, the same way he fought for the former Governor when there were plots against him in Edo State.

The Deputy Governor, however, said it was time for Oshiomhole to come and test his popularity when the votes are to be cast.

According to him, the former NLC President has lost his integrity and is no more the man of the people.

https://theupdates.net/i-begged-oshiomhole-to-forgive-obaseki-philip-shaibu/

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Henrydata(m): 8:19am On Aug 07, 2020
Ok

Mainwhile check my signature
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by thesicilian: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2020
Imagine, after all the questions, he had no tangible reasons for wanting to remove Obaseki. Talk about politics of ego.
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by NOC1(m): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
thesicilian:
Imagine, after all the questions, he had no tangible reasons for wanting to remove Obaseki. Talk about politics of ego.

Then why did he beg?

5 Likes

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by zukky79: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
September 19 is around the corner. Everything go clear then.

2 Likes

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
Shuaibu has more to gain in Obaseki nemesis

Come to look at it, he’s actually doing what Oshiomole asked him to do, be the deputy so he’s allegiance goes to Obaseki first than Oshiomole. We know politicians.

Shuabu will go and beg Oshiomole and he will be easily received back but Obaseki ..lol.. Obaseki is a real big fool. Truly power blinds, and no body loves somebody in power because people are after what they can gain from you. Now he can’t sleep. No matter his campaign and all , he could get impeach and denied to go for any elective post for the next 10 years as the legislature wishes.

Since yesterday now Obaseki has been held in the balls. If you are going to play power play like this then you should have started right from time fixing your people in political place; your structure Obaseki is doomed. He has been checkmated. All he has to do now is start begging for a soft landing. The court can’t save him. I’m sorry for him

3 Likes

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Karlifate: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
Naija politics go quench you, if you enter am carelessly.
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by chiefolododo(m): 8:29am On Aug 07, 2020
Hmmm...this guy don coddely decamp
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by cpu2006(m): 8:31am On Aug 07, 2020
Let vote here

Like for Obaseki
Share for pastor IZE-IYAMU
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by IgbalodeRaymond: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2020
[s]
WiLdFLame:

Come to look at it, he’s actually doing what Oshiomole asked him to do, be the deputy so he’s allegiance goes to Obaseki first than Oshiomole. We know politicians.

Shuabu will go and beg Oshiomole and he will be easily received back but Obaseki ..lol.. Obaseki is a real big fool. Now he can’t sleep. No matter his campaign and all , he could get impeach and denied to go for any elective post for the next 10 years as the legislature wishes.

Since yesterday now Obaseki has been held in the balls. If you are going to play power play like this then you should have started right from time fixing your people in political place; your structure Obaseki is doomed. He has been checkmated. All he has to do now is start begging for a soft landing. The court can’t save him. I’m sorry for him
[/s]
trash trash trash
Edo no be Eko
Obaseki is not the fat coward pig Ambode.
at least his fight brought the suspension of Oshiocriminal
That's a plus

September is not far
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2020
Why is oshiohmole bent on making this election his election??.

The truth is that pastor Izamu has nothing to offer
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash
Edo no be Eko
Obaseki is not the fat coward pig Ambode.
at least his fight brought the suspension of Oshiocriminal
That's a plus

September is not far

He won’t be able to contest . INEC will remove his name from the ballot. This is about constitution. You people are crazy people, see how you ruined this man life with una childish stupid gorging
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by IgbalodeRaymond: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2020
[s]
WiLdFLame:

He won’t be able to contest . INEC will remove his name from the ballot. This is about constitution. You people are crazy people, see how you ruined this man life with una childish stupid gorging
[/s]
trash trash trash
more trash
oya go and impeach him naaa
typical yeroba Muslim
thinking everyone is a coward that worships Tinubu the drug dealing vagabond tongue
Obaseki = 4+4 =8
kiss the truth
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by helinues: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2020
You don't do things deliberately and think you can ask for forgiveness later...

That is so common from Nigerians
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by seanfer(m): 8:42am On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:

Shuabu will go and beg Oshiomole and he will be easily received back but Obaseki ..lol.. Obaseki is a real big fool. Truly power blinds, and no body loves somebody in power because people are after what they can gain from you. Now he can’t sleep. No matter his campaign and all , he could get impeach and denied to go for any elective post for the next 10 years as the legislature wishes.

Don’t mind those online voters without voters card. If the Assembly should impeach both Shuaibu and Obaseki before September 19. That will be the end of road for both of them and the winners will be the tax collectors. They’ve cashed out.
As it is now Obaseki will find it hard to concentrate on his campaigns outside Benin, because 1 hr is a lot of time in politics. His impeachment won’t take 3 weeks if those against him truly mean business.
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by tesppidd: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2020
thesicilian:
This one is already talking as if he was part of the meeting; thesicilian, Oshiomole and Shaibu had that meeting.
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by JAMO84: 8:49am On Aug 07, 2020
You're about to find out whether you should have stood with Oshiomole instead of Obaseki. If APC win, Oshiomole will go for your political career and deflate it like a balloon.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by WonderManly(m): 8:53am On Aug 07, 2020
vegafbs:
The Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu who a few weeks ago defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, alongside his boss, said he begged Adams Oshiomhole to let go of any grievance he had against Godwin Obaseki but the former labour leader went on with the battle.

Philip Shaibu further revealed how Oshiomhole tried to scheme him into joining the move to unseat Governor Obaseki.

“Oshiomhole wanted to use me to impeach the Governor knowing that I was closer to the members-elect as of that time and members of the State Assembly because I spent 8 years in the House of Assembly here and 18 months in the House of Reps and I have goodwill among the legislators because of my own style.

“And he wanted me to use the same member when they’re elected to remove the Governor and for me to be the Governor and I said no.

“And I said, If I didn’t betray Oshiomhole when I was given money and a plot of land in Maitama to sign his impeachment as at then, I will not betray my own Governor. I don’t have the tendencies.

“I knelt down to beg Oshiomhole for forgive, no matter what Obaseki would have done, which all the questions I asked him, he had no tangible reasons (for wanting to remove Obaseki).

“I knelt down and I begged him. I said ‘I’m your son. Why not because of me and forgive.”

The Edo deputy governor also revealed that on realizing that Oshiomhole had declared a war against the governor, he told the former governor that he will stand with Obaseki come what may.

Shaibu said he will fight to the very last to ensure that his boss is defended, the same way he fought for the former Governor when there were plots against him in Edo State.

The Deputy Governor, however, said it was time for Oshiomhole to come and test his popularity when the votes are to be cast.

According to him, the former NLC President has lost his integrity and is no more the man of the people.

https://theupdates.net/i-begged-oshiomhole-to-forgive-obaseki-philip-shaibu/

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by tamdun: 8:56am On Aug 07, 2020
thesicilian:
Why did Obaseki refused to swear in 14 elected apc reps? His own party members for that matter
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Olugbanko: 9:10am On Aug 07, 2020
lol...this is inconsequential and overtaken by events! what matters now is the fact that obagone and this guy are drowning together
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Kindledlight(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:

Infact the same Edo that is not Lagos is where he was picked from and he will eventually come go to after his tenure.Is that not hypocrisy?
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by ThatFairGuy: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2020
chiefolododo:
Hmmm...this guy don coddely decamp
hmmmn

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by ThatFairGuy: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Who's asking you for EXPLANATION? My guy is stylishly seeking for sympathy after running his mouth and he's seeing the road to his Political harakiri

1 Like

Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Mylove55(f): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2020
so it is true that it was shuibu that encourage thief obaseki to follow this route
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by emkz: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
I think Oshiomole cannot manage people effectively. I think he needs to learn people management like Tinubu. Ordinarily, Obaseki and Shaibu should not criticise Oshiomole in public.

He made them governor and deputy.
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by Mylove55(f): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
thesicilian:
you're very funny,
is that the reason thief obaseki refused to inaugurate the house?
Re: I Begged Oshiomhole To Forgive Obaseki – Philip Shaibu by thesicilian: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
NOC1:

Then why did he beg?
tamdun:

Why did Obaseki refused to swear in 14 elected apc reps? His own party members for that matter
Mylove55:
you're very funny,
is that the reason thief obaseki refused to inaugurate the house?
tesppidd:
This one is already talking as if he was part of the meeting; thesicilian, Oshiomole and Shaibu had that meeting.
I don't know why he's being persecuted, I don't know why he begged, or why all this unbridled display of shamelessness. And believe me bro, I don't care. All I'm saying is they're all exhibiting politics of ego, all taking pocket-oriented decisions. I won't be surprised if Obaseki, Oshiomole and the so called pastor Ize-Iyamu all play golf together till date behind the scenes.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election: It Is A Shame For Buhari To Support Apc’s Ize-iyamu -gov Wike Fire / Lagosians Should Beg Tinubu To Return N100BN Alpha Beta Money / Sanwoolu To Release CCTV Footage Of #lekkimmassacre To The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.