Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

How To Always Look At The Bright Side - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Always Look At The Bright Side (221 Views)

Exploring The Bright Side Of Online Gaming: A Celebration Of Positivity / Why Do People Always Look For Validation? / Look At The Snake Killed By My Friend Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Always Look At The Bright Side by phonekiosk: 8:53am On Aug 07, 2020
Looking for ways using which you can adopt the ‘glass half-full attitude’? Convinced by a colleague or someone you follow that being optimistic will have a positive impact on your life? Want to shun the negative attitude that might be holding you back? You’re in the right place.

In this article, I’m going to share four tips and tricks that allow me to (mostly) look at the bright side of every situation. Here’s hoping they are as beneficial to you as they are for me:

#1: Stay away from negative people
There this one thing about negative people that attracts the ire of optimists. They have a problem for every solution. Staying them around for longer than needed will also make you susceptible to attracting their negative energy. You need to be at an arm’s length from such persons.

#2: Get a grip on your negative thoughts
One of the best ways you could do that is by keeping a gratitude journal. Write in it things you’re grateful to have in your life. These things might be as little as an automatic hand sanitizer dispenser that you got on a sale, or they might be as big as a pay raise. Writing them down will let you get a grip on your negative thoughts.

#3: Do something physical every day
Research has proved that exercise lowers stress and anxiety levels. You should do it on a daily basis if you are prone to moaning about everything in your life that is mildly different from how you want it to be. This way, you’d be subjecting the negative thoughts in your mind to the purell hand sanitizer dispenser.

#4: Reframe bad situations
Lost your job? Maybe it’s time to start that online business you have always wanted to start but never had time due to the day job. Unable to go on a vacation during the lockdown? You can save enough money to go on an even better venue next summer. Failed in an exam? Perhaps you can study better and get better marks than what you’d have got if you have passed with grace marks.

(1) (Reply)

Help The Hard Worker Contest: June And July Winners Express Gratitude / How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? / Candido Da Rocha – Nigeria’s First Millionaire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.