Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? (214 Views)

How Do I Stop Lying. / Please How Do I Stop Finger Biting / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? by AyietimBlog: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
I am going to do it tomorrow, I am not in a hurry. But..

“One of the greatest labor-saving inventions of today is tomorrow.”
— Vincent T. Foss.

And tomorrow is promised to no one.
Procrastination is the lazy excuse not to do what you are meant to do now because you believe tomorrow would take care of it.

Why don’t you start on it now? If you don’t start now, you may never do it.
And if you never get to do it any more,.you may never succeed in life because procrastination is the grave where opportuniy is buried.

How do you break free from the stranglehold of procratination? I suggest you do the followibg;

Live A Goal Oriented Life. ” “If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals.”–Lou Holtz.

Wake up every morning with a desire that will not let you rest until you have done your best for the day.

A successful life is a function of having a big dream, knowing how to achieve it, ploughing the field and not quitting until the dream becomes the reality. Let your dream be the vision that gets you out of the cloud of darkness that procrastination is.

Let your dream be the goa thatl gives purpose and direction in life. Let your goal keep you firmly on the right path. Let your goal make you feel uncomfortable when you sit down and procrastinate.

2. Have A Daily Routine;

“Your future is found in your daily routine. Successful people do daily what others do occasionally!” – Paula White.

You want to eacape the vice of procrastination in your quest for success, then have a daily routine. Break down your goal into parts and fit those parts into your daily routine. Let this daily routine form your to-do list, or what I call your “must-do list.”

Success doesn’t come by accident, it comes from.consciously sustained efforts that are habitual. So since procrastination is habitual, to jettison it, you must replace it with another habit. Replace it with the positive habit of following a daily routine that produces success.

3. Value Your Time.

“Lots of people wait around “for the right time”. People don’t know that there is no such thing as a right time. Time is never right nor wrong. The only negative factor of time is that you can lose it and the only positive factor of time is that you can seize it.” – C. JoyBell C.

The right time is always now. Don’t wait for the right time or you lose the right time of now.

To avoid losing the right time, spend no time on things and people who don’t add value to your life. People who don’t share your vision will not add value to your life. They won’t add value to you because they don’t value you. You know why? Because you don’t prove to them that you value yourself. If you valued yourself, you would value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything useful with it.

4. Discipline Yourself.

“If I want to be great I have to win the victory over myself…self-discipline.” – Harry S. Truman.

Procrastination is self inflicted. So to win against it, you must win the victory over yourself. You must train yourself to do those things which failures don’t like to do.

You want to escape the frustration procrastination causes then have a disciplined mind and be on your way to happiness. Discipline your mind to set goals and achieve them by following strictly your daily routine.

5. It Is Entirely Up To You.

“You are the architect of your own destiny ; you are the master of your own fate ; you are behind the steering wheel of your life . There are no limitations to what you can do, have, or be. Except the limitations you place on yourself by your own thinking.” – Brian Tracy.

You can win against procrastination. You can also fail to win against it. Remember, if you fail to defeat procrastination, you also lose the opportunity to succeed. Defeating procrastination is seizing the opportunity to succeed. The choice is yours.

https://ayietim./2020/08/15/how-do-i-stop-being-lazy-and-procrastinating/
Re: How Do I Stop Being Lazy And Procrastinating? by Calito4real(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good one Slawormir over to you

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Countries With The Highest Rate Of Internet Fraud; See Where Nigeria Fall / Guess The Word / A Physically Challenged Girl Gifted A Bungalow In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.