Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators (39049 Views)

Hoard Fuel, Lose Your Land! Governor Obaseki Warns Dealers / Tinubu: Don't Expect My Wife Back In The Senate, She Will Be My Housewife / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by ThompsonJoo: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2020
*Failed Edo Assembly invasion an attempted coup d’état - Obaseki*

*_...says govt will take all steps necessary to defend rule of law_*

*_...salutes Edo people for thwarting evil plans_*

Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has described the failed invasion of the state House of Assembly Complex as an attempted coup d’état that is tantamount to treason and contrary to the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution.

Obaseki who said this in a statewide broadcast on Friday, assured that his administration will take all steps necessary to defend the rule of law and democratic ideals.

“Any person or group of persons who set out to test our will in this regard will meet with the full wrath of the law," the governor warned.

He noted: "These events portend grave danger to the safety and security of our polity. It had all the hallmarks of an attempted coup d’état. 

“The people of Edo State rose as one to prevent the desecration of our democracy. It is however worrisome that certain persons are willing to plunge the society into avoidable anarchy and conflict just to satisfy their illegitimate objectives."

According to the Governor, "the crisis in the Edo State legislature dates back to June 17th, 2019, when upon my proclamation of the 7th Edo State House of Assembly, some members-elect refused to present themselves for inauguration.

“The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State in a judgement delivered on the 12th of September, 2019, decided that my proclamation of the House of Assembly was lawful and that the National Assembly could not take over the function of the Edo State House of Assembly as the conditions for doing so did not exist.

“The court judgement affirmed that the Assembly was duly inaugurated and held that the Governor or any other person could not issue another proclamation."

He explained that "Even after this judgement, the 14 members-elect stayed away from the House and refused to be inaugurated to perform their elected role of representing their constituencies. Having failed to sit for over 180 sitting days, the leadership of the House of Assembly had no option but to declare their seats vacant and requested the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct fresh elections to fill the vacancies that had then been created.

"Following this action by the leadership of the House, the 14 members-elect approached the Federal High Court, Abuja, to challenge the constitutionality or otherwise of the declaration of their seats vacant. This suit is still pending in the court."

Obaseki noted that "This unfortunate situation has festered because a former governor of the state is bent on throwing the state into crisis ahead of the forthcoming governorship elections."

"I want to salute the resolve of all well-meaning Edo people in standing up to thwart the evil plans of these undemocratic elements who are bent on perpetrating an illegal assault on our democracy by the purported inauguration in a private residence.

"These events portend grave danger to the safety and security of our polity. It had all the hallmarks of an attempted coup d’état. The people of Edo State rose as one to prevent the desecration of our democracy. It is however worrisome that certain persons are willing to plunge the society into avoidable anarchy and conflict just to satisfy their illegitimate objectives.

"These acts are tantamount to treason, contrary to the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution.

"Be assured, dear people of Edo State, that this government will take all steps necessary to defend the rule of law and democratic ideals. Any person or group of persons who set out to test our will in this regard will meet with the full wrath of the law," he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0Uh0PyaX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0Uh0PyaX0

https://www.facebook.com/100003009364285/posts/2965752486868368/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by jlinkd78(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2020
The coming days in Edo will be filled with unpredictable drama and counter drama. I pray for peace.

51 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2020
This guy is really a 3 credits man without English and Maths

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by ThatFairGuy: 10:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Thrash.
You have a new speaker already

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Wailing of a drown man
You already played a bad political moves

You should have atleast make your own loyalist dominate the house right from time. Or buy over atleast 8 of the 14 reps over.

Then your balls would have been saved now. Now they want to destroy your career.

Now you’re caught on two front
. The house can impeach you for gross misconduct
And you won’t even be on ballot , PDP won’t be able to field for the election.

If your opponents decide to play with you their prey before killing you , they won’t impeach you, they would wait until you have been defeated. Then impeach you. This would make you lose out. A disgraced former governor . You will be incarcerated.

Ambode is wiser than you Obaseki, A dog trying to fight a tiger is just making its death a sweet rancorous one.

In the meantime you would be more concerned to not be impeached. Because being impeached destroy your history as a governor. There is nothing more painful than that.

How can you be so poor. Who is your strategist sef? Go and kill Him. The man don scam you. Shuaibu has more to gain from your ordeal because he demonstrated one character everybody wants in life; LOYALTY

254 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Kriss216: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2020
The people's Governor.
A great man.
A man adorned with bravery.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

167 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Kriss216: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2020
jlinkd78:
The coming days in Edo will be filled with unpredictable drama and counter drama. I pray for peace.
Without war, there will be no peace.

Stay tuned.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by favor914: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2020
Stupid Governor, you have a judgment from The Federal High Court Port Harcourt, doesn’t Benin have its own Federal High Court?

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Kriss216: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2020
favor914:
Stupid Governor, you have a judgment from The Federal High Court Port Harcourt, doesn’t Benin have its own Federal High Court?
take it easy... your people need you alive.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2020
With which Police, Army, Civil Defence, and what ? grin grin

This man now sounds like Nnamdi Kanu' the rapist...

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Kriss216: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2020
myboy2111:
This guy is really a 3 credits man without English and Maths
Your buhari is with only Nepa bills. Hypocrite!

144 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 07, 2020
APC just handed the Edo populace over to Obaseki on a platter..

One question:... have you heard from his contender?... Obaseki VS Oshomole everywhere.. grin grin

We have always known Iyamu was never a competition..

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Ikeast(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2020
Obaseki is not alone.strong forces is beating the drum.....

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Sakamaje: 10:55am On Aug 07, 2020
How come we never hear from Wicked Wike? Edo no be Rivers?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by tuniski: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:
Wailing of a drown man
You already played a bad political moves

You should have atleast make your own loyalist dominate the house right from time.

Then your balls would have been saved now. Now they want to destroy your career.

Now you’re caught on two front
. The house can impeach you for gross misconduct
And you won’t even be on ballot , PDP won’t be able to field for the election.

If your opponents decide to play with you their prey before killing you , they won’t impeach you and they would wait until you have been defeated. Then impeach you. This would make you lose out. A disgraced former governor . You will be incarcerated.

Ambode is wiser than you Obaseki, A dog trying to fight a tiger is just making its death a sweet rancorous one.

In the meantime you would be more concerned to not be impeached. Because being impeached destroy your history as a governor. There is nothing more painful than that.
Ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by afrika4real(m): 11:05am On Aug 07, 2020
Esseite:

One question:... have you heard from his contender?... Oshomole everywhere.. grin grin

Empt drum make noise. Osho baba dont need o talk until the he finish the restoration assignment in edo state

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by hollah123: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Esseite:

One question:... have you heard from his contender?... Oshomole everywhere.. grin grin

so u believe they will allow the votes of electorates to count ?
the same system that produce him is d same system evicting him,he's a product of rigging n imposition n that's his nemesis

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by searchng4love: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Sakamaje:
How come we never hear from Wicked Wike? Edo no be Rivers?

No need. Wait for a court judgement on the issue. You'll be surprised.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by adekolaelect(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2020
Obaseki only your threat can not do anything on this .the best way is to head to court of law to challenge their legality !!els you are on your own OYO. You and oshimole uncultured to manage yourselves is giving Izeiyamu Orphan an opportunity to become what he was unable to get for the long period of time with pain. choosing which fight to engage is what make a man . fighting all fight makes you coward .both you and Osho will loss ,Is oshow Wins he only wins to avoid shame because to me Iyamun may not save his political future but you obaseki will always be on the loss loss side if you win their will not be peace for you in both PDP and APC.If you loss election Efcc office will be your next office to resume to .

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by ThatFairGuy: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2020
Kriss216:
The people's Governor. A great man. A man adorned with bravery.

God bless Edo God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!
Ghetto politician, this is Over!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Mo3891: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2020
cool

He made broadcast, packed sand to barricade state assembly, removed the roof,.. still 17 was greater than 5

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Kriss216: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Ghetto politician, this is Over!
No, we just started!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by ThatFairGuy: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
Esseite:

The said Edo populace must be the Igbos residing in Edo. Funny enough, they're not eligible voters grin

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by AroleOduduwa2: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2020
Resident zombie are out in numbers, littering every thread, you people should get a life. What the governor said is right, go against the people and face the consequences.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by drskyfly007(m): 11:23am On Aug 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Thrash.
You have a new speaker already
continue dreaming..or you mean he has a new loud speaker cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by drskyfly007(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

The said Edo populace must be the Igbos residing in Edo. Funny enough, they're not eligible voters grin
please who is contesting under APC? Is it Oshomhole or Ize Iyamu...abeg enlighten us..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by drskyfly007(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Resident zombie are out in numbers, littering every thread, you people should get a life. What the governor said is right, go against the people and face the consequences.
Don't mind those paid APC e rats

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by IamWonderful: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2020
hehehehehehehe obaseki on the heat

4 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Igbos... grin grin. That's always your default..

Put ear for ground.

7 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2020
hollah123:
so u believe they will allow the votes of electorates to count ?
the same system that produce him is d same system evicting him,he's a product of rigging n imposition n that's his nemesis

Regions differ... if Edo wants you out, you are out.. ask Anenih and Osunbor..

6 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by adekolaelect(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
who ask this one who no get life to advice others for what he doesn't have?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biden Appoints Enoh Titilayo Ebong As Acting Director USTDA / Obiano Declares APGA Next Opposition Party, Wins In Taraba, Bayelsa / Why Buhari Postponed Lagos Visit – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.