Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators (39075 Views)

Hoard Fuel, Lose Your Land! Governor Obaseki Warns Dealers / Tinubu: Don't Expect My Wife Back In The Senate, She Will Be My Housewife / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:

What has the rough path led him now

A wise man take rough path with wisdom

He never lose na, he is still on ground, pdp won presidential election there always so there is still ground win for him, at least 30 percent of apc is with him, with the pdp on ground before, it’s a big try for him, how you see am, thug for thug, weapon for weapon, fight for fight, all I see in edo election, Oshiomole know They are ready for a fight, that’s why he put the house of assembly antics. When you understand politics, edo na one rugged place. Who stand fit naim Dey win. Obaseki and co is giving them a tough fight
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by nokatakata: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Too bad.. you can see the fear, uncertainty, jittery in his eyes, and composition. See him giving speech like a primary school student being bullied cheesy grin

This is what you get when you are greedy and decide to go against people who helped you get to where you are.

Obaseki may end up in the hospital even before the election with the way he is going. This man won't be able to eat or sleep properly. He will be hearing voices in his head and his BP will be so high. See how he allowed wike ,pdp and ipob deceive him into sleepless nights.
Talking rubbish about saving democracy when you are removing the roof of the assembly claiming renovation and pouring sand at the entrance all because of paranoia of being impeached. Politics nor be shereshere ooo. See as him face don swell up like ileya ram. cheesy grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Dalby(m): 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
favor914:
Stupid Governor, you have a judgment from The Federal High Court Port Harcourt, doesn’t Benin have its own Federal High Court?

My brother ask me o. Gov. Wike just bought Range Rovers for the judges in Rivers State...for future judgements
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Dalby(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
nokatakata:
Too bad.. you can see the fear, uncertainty, jittery in his eyes, and composition. See him giving speech like a primary school student being bullied cheesy grin

This is what you get when you are greedy and decide to go against people who helped you get to where you are.

Obaseki may end up in the hospital even before the election with the way he is going. This man won't be able to eat or sleep properly. He will be hearing voices in his head and his BP will be so high. See how he allowed wike ,pdp and ipob deceive him into sleepless nights.
Talking rubbish about saving democracy when you are removing the roof of the assembly claiming renovation and pouring sand at the entrance all because of paranoia of being impeached. Politics nor be shereshere ooo. See as him face don swell up like ileya ram. cheesy grin

This guy you go kee person o...
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by vikyno(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
The court will declare whatever action they may take against Obaseki null and void since a substantive suit declaring their seat vacant is yet to be decided. The game is to distract Obaseki and possibly strip him of state powers before the elections.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by vikyno(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
nokatakata:

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by vikyno(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
nokatakata:

Calm down, Edo is not Lagos.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Rollnd(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:
Wailing of a drown man
You already played a bad political moves

You should have atleast make your own loyalist dominate the house right from time. Or buy over atleast 8 of the 14 reps over.

Then your balls would have been saved now. Now they want to destroy your career.

Now you’re caught on two front
. The house can impeach you for gross misconduct
And you won’t even be on ballot , PDP won’t be able to field for the election.

If your opponents decide to play with you their prey before killing you , they won’t impeach you, they would wait until you have been defeated. Then impeach you. This would make you lose out. A disgraced former governor . You will be incarcerated.

Ambode is wiser than you Obaseki, A dog trying to fight a tiger is just making its death a sweet rancorous one.

In the meantime you would be more concerned to not be impeached. Because being impeached destroy your history as a governor. There is nothing more painful than that.

How can you be so poor. Who is your strategist sef? Go and kill Him. The man don scam you. Shuaibu has more to gain from your ordeal because he demonstrated one character everybody wants in life; LOYALTY

Get a life! You're so uninformed.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Dalby(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

He never lose na, he is still on ground, pdp won presidential election there always so there is still ground win for him, at least 30 percent of apc is with him, with the pdp on ground before, it’s a big try for him, how you see am, thug for thug, weapon for weapon, fight for fight, all I see in edo election, Oshiomole know They are ready for a fight, that’s why he put the house of assembly antics. When you understand politics, edo na one rugged place. Who stand fit naim Dey win. Obaseki and co is giving them a tough fight

That would end Obaseki in jail...
Ambode will go to Senate...
Ize Iyamu will be governor...
Edo people go dey most happy and some sad...
2021 will roll in...
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Laboni: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
Budoski:
people like u are wicked,na so una go push this man enter him political grave,u dey yarn opata
The case is as clear as water. They can go sit wherever they want with their fake mace and do whatever, their actions holds no water in court of law.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by nokatakata: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2020
Eriokanmi:

You asked YOU BELIEVE THEY WILL ALLOW THE VOTES OF ELECTORATE TO COUNT?

That's why we always say edo is not lagos or osun or anywhere in the south west where police and thugs can intimidate voters and have a field day. In edo, votes always count. Ask oshiomohle who only had a primary six certificate but we still voted him overwhelmingly back then, when the PDP was the ruling party. Na we own state and nothing anyone could do about it. Oshiomohle didn't have a dime to give us. We collected the pdp money, pocketed it and still voted him, despite the pdp being the majority in the house back then. No violence, people didn't give in to the the police intimidation. But at the federal level we still voted pdp. Go and study edo election. Oshiomohle battled the opponents in power too, the way Obaseki is doing now . We can remember but his nairaland supporters who came overnight to hail him can't. Nothing would happen, obaseki would win and please I urge any apc supporters from South west or elsewhere to keep their insults till after September 19th.

Whether votes count or not, obaseki is going to lose and there is absolutely nothing you will do about it. If you try anything funny, you will be arrested and dealt with mercilessly. You think you win elections with online noise? You think iyamu doesn't have supporters and loyalists? Keep shouting edo is not Lagos instead of going out to campaign. Your eyes go clear you by the time inec announce iyamu winner. You voted Pdp but obaseki won under Apc and you think apc won't win again even if you vote for Pdp? You dey jonz cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by nokatakata: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
vikyno:
Calm down, Edo is not Lagos.

Before nko! Lagos people nor mumu like edo people.

Nor be by noise...dem nor dey count online vote cheesy tongue
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Tareq1105: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
favor914:
Stupid Governor, you have a judgment from The Federal High Court Port Harcourt, doesn’t Benin have its own Federal High Court?

That's from Wike Judge in PH. We know the source when we see a judgment.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by dangervu(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
while internet warriors argues, most of the monetary edo resources will giving out this period as gifts to loyalist of both parties ,money meant for good roads hospitals and edo's welfare ...
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by vikithor(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
Am encouraged by this speech,was feeling like the enemies were leading.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Eriokanmi: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
nokatakata:

Whether votes count or not, obaseki is going to lose and there is absolutely nothing you will do about it. If you try anything funny, you will be arrested and dealt with mercilessly. You think you win elections with online noise? You think iyamu doesn't have supporters and loyalists? Keep shouting edo is not Lagos instead of going out to campaign. Your eyes go clear you by the time inec announce iyamu winner. You voted Pdp but obaseki won under Apc and you think apc won't win again even if you vote for Pdp? You dey jonz cheesy
like I said, keep all your insults till after sept 19th .There's no need for all these now.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2020
Dalby:

That would end Obaseki in jail...
Ambode will go to Senate...
Ize Iyamu will be governor...
Edo people go dey most happy and some sad...
2021 will roll in...
cool cool cool

Ambode wasn’t even chosen to represent senate lol, they chose someone else. Ize Iyamu may not win, this match be like Barca vs Real Madrid, who turn up that match day the most Dey win the match. No reason am.. if pdp can always win presidency, then Obaseki have a go, his deputy na fire agbero, wike know the agbero game like Oshiomhole, udom sabi the agbero waka self, etc, so na fire for fire. Madrid vs Barca

El Classico, never write anyone off. Who turn up dey win
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by nokatakata: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
Eriokanmi:
like I said, keep all your insults till after sept 19th .There's no need for all these now.

Jonzing niqqa cheesy tongue
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by GrandMufti: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sakamaje:
How come we never hear from Wicked Wike? Edo no be Rivers?

Expect to hear from the federal high court sitting in PH. Those range Rovers are not for nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Tareq1105: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
ThompsonJoo:
*Failed Edo Assembly invasion an attempted coup d’état - Obaseki*

*_...says govt will take all steps necessary to defend rule of law_*

*_...salutes Edo people for thwarting evil plans_*

Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has described the failed invasion of the state House of Assembly Complex as an attempted coup d’état that is tantamount to treason and contrary to the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution.

Obaseki who said this in a statewide broadcast on Friday, assured that his administration will take all steps necessary to defend the rule of law and democratic ideals.

“Any person or group of persons who set out to test our will in this regard will meet with the full wrath of the law," the governor warned.

He noted: "These events portend grave danger to the safety and security of our polity. It had all the hallmarks of an attempted coup d’état. 

“The people of Edo State rose as one to prevent the desecration of our democracy. It is however worrisome that certain persons are willing to plunge the society into avoidable anarchy and conflict just to satisfy their illegitimate objectives."

According to the Governor, "the crisis in the Edo State legislature dates back to June 17th, 2019, when upon my proclamation of the 7th Edo State House of Assembly, some members-elect refused to present themselves for inauguration.

“The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State in a judgement delivered on the 12th of September, 2019, decided that my proclamation of the House of Assembly was lawful and that the National Assembly could not take over the function of the Edo State House of Assembly as the conditions for doing so did not exist.

“The court judgement affirmed that the Assembly was duly inaugurated and held that the Governor or any other person could not issue another proclamation."

He explained that "Even after this judgement, the 14 members-elect stayed away from the House and refused to be inaugurated to perform their elected role of representing their constituencies. Having failed to sit for over 180 sitting days, the leadership of the House of Assembly had no option but to declare their seats vacant and requested the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct fresh elections to fill the vacancies that had then been created.

"Following this action by the leadership of the House, the 14 members-elect approached the Federal High Court, Abuja, to challenge the constitutionality or otherwise of the declaration of their seats vacant. This suit is still pending in the court."

Obaseki noted that "This unfortunate situation has festered because a former governor of the state is bent on throwing the state into crisis ahead of the forthcoming governorship elections."

"I want to salute the resolve of all well-meaning Edo people in standing up to thwart the evil plans of these undemocratic elements who are bent on perpetrating an illegal assault on our democracy by the purported inauguration in a private residence.

"These events portend grave danger to the safety and security of our polity. It had all the hallmarks of an attempted coup d’état. The people of Edo State rose as one to prevent the desecration of our democracy. It is however worrisome that certain persons are willing to plunge the society into avoidable anarchy and conflict just to satisfy their illegitimate objectives.

"These acts are tantamount to treason, contrary to the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution.

"Be assured, dear people of Edo State, that this government will take all steps necessary to defend the rule of law and democratic ideals. Any person or group of persons who set out to test our will in this regard will meet with the full wrath of the law," he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0Uh0PyaX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0Uh0PyaX0

https://www.facebook.com/100003009364285/posts/2965752486868368/

He mentioned desecration of democracy........... which he committed himself by preventing the legislators from being inaugurated.

He talked about coup de tat..........same he did to 14 law makers.

He mentioned that their actions was against the constitution.........which he the governor doesn't respect but now looking for public sympathy.

He also talked about illegal assault on our democracy......... I don't know if his own assault on the state Assembly is a legal assault.

Obaseki has murdered democracy by inaugurating only 10 legislators in the night and excluded 14 others.

I am in support of the 17 others to fight Obaseki to the end so that No Governor in Nigeria will ever try to experiment what Obaseki did to Edo 14 Assembly men.

Obaseki is now approaching Equity with dirty hands.

1 Like

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by MetaPhysical: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
“Any person or group of persons who set out to test our will in this regard will meet with the full wrath of the law," the governor warned.

Which law?

Obaseki is about to loose his security detail and orderly and he is promising wrath of law. The legislature and judiciary has been snatched from under him. He is a lone man.

Anyway...Edo no be Lagos sha!
wink

2 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by MetaPhysical: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Expect to hear from the federal high court sitting in PH. Those range Rovers are not for nothing grin

They do not have jurisdiction beyond Rivers State.

Edo no be Rivers.
grin
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by GrandMufti: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

They do not have jurisdiction beyond Rivers State.

Edo no be Rivers.
grin

Have you forgotten the Bayelsa case? Wasn't it justice Odili?
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
See this idiot governor if federal government Withdraw security from you and your 5 house of Assembly members una never Finnish.

2 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Tareq1105: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
NiceMen:
even if he losses, this man will go down as someone who fought till the last.

I pity people whose children will be used as suya.

Omo, I like this man guts. Na real Benin man him be.

The same way you hail Atiku till he spent all his reserves and his company Intel Contract with Nigerian Port Authority terminated. All other companies deals with the Federal government Agencies were also terminated.

Keep hailing him as if you will follow him to EFCC in November.

3 Likes

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Jostoman: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
jlinkd78:
The coming days in Edo will be filled with unpredictable drama and counter drama. I pray for peace.
APC is just using this useless drama to divert the attention of the people away from the revolution now protest, buhari release all the people you ask your security agent to arrest that day oo.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Dalby(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Ambode wasn’t even chosen to represent senate lol, they chose someone else. Ize Iyamu may not win, this match be like Barca vs Real Madrid, who turn up that match day the most Dey win the match. No reason am.. if pdp can always win presidency, then Obaseki have a go, his deputy na fire agbero, wike know the agbero game like Oshiomhole, udom sabi the agbero waka self, etc, so na fire for fire. Madrid vs Barca

El Classico, never write anyone off. Who turn up dey win

You mean Atiku kind of server winning... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Ukiadepoju(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:
Wailing of a drown man

You should have atleast make your own loyalist dominate the house right from time. Or buy over atleast 8 of the 14 reps over.

Then your balls would have been saved now. Now they want to destroy your career.

If your opponents decide to play with you their prey before killing you , they won’t impeach you, they would wait until you have been defeated. Then impeach you. This would make you lose out. A disgraced former governor . You will be incarcerated.

Ambode is wiser than you Obaseki, A dog trying to fight a tiger is just making its death a sweet rancorous one.

In the meantime you would be more concerned to not be impeached. Because being impeached destroy your history as a governor. There is nothing more painful than that.

How can you be so poor. Who is your strategist sef? Go and kill Him. The man don scam you. Shuaibu has more to gain from your ordeal because he demonstrated one character everybody wants in life; LOYALTY

cry me a river man, you are just fooling yourself because of your paymaster, Obaseki is not Ambode, you are a coward and big fool, so short up if u don't know what u are talking... Obaseki 4+4
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
WiLdFLame:
Wailing of a drown man

Hey man, take it easy before u get high BP, and amlodipine 10mg is available for u in case if u have it.
Whether Obaseki wins or not he has fought like a man with balls not like Ambode that showed cowardiae and chickened out. Maybe u don't know what attributes of men are. Men don't chicken out whether life or death and the way I see u, u look like a coward that's why some Igbos always see Yoruba's as cowards and everyday u guys keep displaying it which is damn bad
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Tareq1105: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Sitting at home and typing rubbish, lol, the all knower association of Nigeria, the online strategist, who follow una no go ever try anything to even succeed, lol, guy, learn to take risk, learn to follow the rough and tough man, they build you up even if you fail, you learn...success is not an easy route. You have to take some path, let the man who what he is doing, he might be lucky. Check out Bayelsa Governor. we all need a bit of luck. Nobody sabi am pass.

This is senseless.

You're fighting with only 10 members initially which to me he needed about 18.

Secondly, even the 10 members, you couldn't keep and maintain them. You have lost 3 again to your enemies.

To you, is Obaseki a politician?

To me, he's a stupid confused naive ugly fellow filled with bitterness in his heart.
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by Ukiadepoju(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
With which Police, Army, Civil Defence, and what ? grin grin

This man now sounds like Nnamdi Kanu' the rapist...

you have supported APC all your life yet you are still living from hand to mouth, your debt profile is more than Faruk your friend, yet u are still supporting this govt. I know u very well, if u like don't pay back your loan, keep supporting APC while they take the entire country into poverty...nonsense
Re: Go against Edo and expect my wrath - Obaseki Warns Legislators by chris51(f): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
Obaseki, are you God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Declares APGA Next Opposition Party, Wins In Taraba, Bayelsa / Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / Adebanjo: Tinubu Had Always Won In Lagos Through Thuggery, Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.