Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Airplanes Are White - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Airplanes Are White (4834 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Airplanes Are White by solostar1: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

White more visible in sky ? White more lighter ? Hmmm
I don't think u know anything about aircrafts
Aircrafts are mostly white cos white absords heat than other colors , in arab countries due to sun , they normally drive mostly white coloured tinted cars cos of heat
Though some airlines like ethihad airlines don't use white colours , but white is mostly used cos of heat from the sun , not by vision or by weight !

Nice points but white does not absorb heat, it dark colours that that absorb heat.

When light strikes a surface, some of its energy is reflected and some is absorbed. The color a person perceives indicates the wavelength of light being reflected. White light contains all the wavelengths of the visible spectrum, so when the color white is being reflected, that means all wavelengths are being reflected and none of them absorbed, making white the most reflective color.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2020
solostar1:

Nice points but white does not absorb heat, it dark colours that that absorb heat.

When light strikes a surface, some of its energy is reflected and some is absorbed. The color a person perceives indicates the wavelength of light being reflected. White light contains all the wavelengths of the visible spectrum, so when the color white is being reflected, that means all wavelengths are being reflected and none of them absorbed, making white the most reflective color.

try wear black long sleeve t shirt on a sunny day , and try white shirt too , go Arab countries , 97% of their cars are white colours cos of heat , that's why planes come mostly in white colour , not weight or vision, if vision lemon color for be best or pink , if weight they will not be painted at all , they will come in their normal aluminum body with tint
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

U are wrong , white color absorbs heat , try wear black long sleeve t shirt on a sunny day , and try white shirt too , go Arab countries , 97% of their cars are white colours
White color absorbs heat?
How?

Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

White color absorbs heat?
How?

I gave u example with white shirt and black shirt on sunny days , and white vs Black cars on desert zones
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

I gave u example with white shirt and black shirt on sunny days , and white vs Black cars on desert zones
OK, how do black color react to heat?
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

OK, how do black color react to heat?

U feel the heat more on black

Sorry black absorbs more heat
From my explanation u can understand what I mean , u feel more heat on black
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

U feel the heat more on black

Sorry black absorbs more heat
From my explanation u can understand what I mean , u feel more heat on black
Are you implying that, black color ABSORBS heat & white color also ABSORBS heat?
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

Are you implying that, black color ABSORBS heat & white color also ABSORBS heat?

No black do absorbs more
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

No black do absorbs more
Hmmm.....
So, it is safe to conclude that, black color ABSORBS heat while white color REPELS heat?
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

Hmmm.....
So, it is safe to conclude that, black color ABSORBS heat while white color REPELS heat?

Yes , that's exactly what I mean
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by assistant: 11:11am On Aug 08, 2020
Why is jet black If aeroplane is white?
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 11:14am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

Yes , that's exactly what I mean
OK, but your earlier post states otherwise:
majamajic:

White more visible in sky ? White more lighter ? Hmmm
I don't think u know anything about aircrafts
Aircrafts are mostly white cos white absords heat than other colors , in arab countries due to sun , they normally drive mostly white coloured tinted cars cos of heat
Though some airlines like ethihad airlines don't use white colours , but white is mostly used cos of heat from the sun , not by vision or by weight !
Even solostar1 tried to point the bold out above.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by majamajic(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2020
Karlifate:

OK, but your earlier post states otherwise:

Even solostar1 tried to point the bold out above.

Yes , even though my explanations did the opposite I have corrected it
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by yuswrld20(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2020
Kittex7:
God is even white and all the prophets recorded in history books like Koran and Bible are even whites. Do you want them to paint something flying to reach God's kingdom black?
I swear they dare not. If they try paint plane black then you know the result. Anything black is scam
and crash

1 Like

Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Karlifate: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

Yes , even though my explanations did the opposite I have corrected it
OK.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2020
yuswrld20:

and crash
Lol
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
very educative

If you want article of about 1k-2k words for your blog at cheaper rate kindly DM me. two days delivery.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Habeebulah1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kittex7:
God is even white and all the prophets recorded in history books like Koran and Bible are even whites. Do you want them to paint something flying to reach God's kingdom black?
I swear they dare not. If they try paint plane black then you know the result. Anything black is scam

Hope u are also white
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Bimpe29: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
Education is light. Thanks for this piece.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by AustineJohn908(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Thanks Op, I just learnt something today with this
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Cudjoe360(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] So educative i've learnt one or two things more from this post
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Shellsploit:
DHL nko
Very yellow

1 Like

Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Dgr8hassiE(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
Shellsploit:
DHL nko
And Delta airlines, western airlines.
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by tafat: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Very educative, this is really good to know, one good thing to know too is that SMEs play a major role in any economy yet they hardly survive beyond the first generation owners, but this can be taken care of, learn how here https://on.fcmb.com/Top5-7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Airoflaw(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Shukusheka:
White is not easier to spot up in the sky undecided
yea for security reason..missile grin
Re: Why Airplanes Are White by Queenslander(f): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
It should be black, since the sky is white!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU :- We Will Suspend The Strike And Continue After 2 Weeks. / Bwe Breaking News : A Female Student Of Unilag Expelled From School After Leakin / World War Iii: North Korea Threatens To Wipe Out The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.