Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. (1101 Views)

Fact About Oduduwa The Ancestor Of Yoruba.history. / 10 Foods That Are Considered Taboos In Various Nigerian Tribes / "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by HornyTave: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2020
The level of inferiority complex in Nigeria is both appalling and should be considered a mental health disease.

The tribe with the highest level of inferiority complex is the Hausas of northern Nigeria, but first, this is my opinion on many Yoruba/ Yoruba Muslim version of their existence.

Some of the Yorubas believes Oduduwa is the son of Lamurdu, an Arabian Prince, who was driven from their ancestral land in Mecca, and He (Oduduwa) endured a long March from Arab to Western Nigeria. In my opinion this is an attempt by some low self-esteem Yoruba Muslims to increase Self worth by linking their lineage to an Abrahamic faith. Also it's worthy to note, it's only the Yorubas that has knowledge of this historic battle.

- Ife tradition, which modern Yoruba historians accord precedence, relates that Oduduwa was an emissary from the community of Oke-Ora, the easternmost part of the Ife cultural area which stretches towards the Northeastern Ijesa people. He descended from the Hills on a chain, earning the oriki Atewonro (which means 'one who descends on a chain') - copied from yoruba.

The Edo believes Oduduwa was a Bini prince who was banished, and went westward to present day Ile-Ife where He was welcomed as a mighty man due to his potential charms and powers.

The last Two histories gives a better and more convincing stories of the Yoruba people but trust the inferiority complex of Nigerians, they would argue they are from Middle East and are Arabs because they believe being black is a curse, and being black means they are below human standard before God.

in conclusion on the Yoruba acclaimed migration from Middleeast, a DNA test was conducted on ancient Egyptians mummies shows only 6% DNA comparison between sub-saharan Africans and ancient Egyptians, while East Africans has a whooping 23% DNA Similarities.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by illicit(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2020
Armypolicecult come here
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2020
I didn't read beyond two paragraphs.
The tale you cited is not endorsed by any "Yoruba muslim". In fact, it had been refuted by these same "Yoruba Muslims" as opposed to your claim of giving it credibility.

Most likely it is that the story was fabricated some people who intended to slight Islam, claiming that the Yorubas faced persecution and had to choose between "the sword and the Quran". Some gathered and decided to migrate. These "some" is claimed to be the current Yoruba, RUNNING AWAY FROM THE ISLAM YOU CLAIM THEY ARE InFERIOR TO. Other that the fact that it is geographically impossible, there was no such compilation of the Quran—but I digress. The fable, if to be believed, is an entire refutation of your tribalistic and biggoted claim.

Do well to repent.
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by Emilokoiyawon: 12:23am On Aug 08, 2020
Following
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by HornyTave: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
I didn't read beyond two paragraphs.
The tale you cited is not endorsed by any "Yoruba muslim". In fact, it had been refuted by these same "Yoruba Muslims" as opposed to your claim of giving it credibility.

Most likely it is that the story was fabricated some people who intended to slight Islam, claiming that the Yorubas faced persecution and had to choose between "the sword and the Quran". Some gathered and decided to migrate. These "some" is claimed to be the current Yoruba, RUNNING AWAY FROM THE ISLAM YOU CLAIM THEY ARE InFERIOR TO. Other that the fact that it is geographically impossible, there was no such compilation of the Quran—but I digress. The fable, if to be believed, is an entire refutation of your tribalistic and biggoted claim.

Do well to repent.

There's another version of Oduduwa descending on a chain.

what is your version on the history of his existence?
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2020
HornyTave:

There's another version of Oduduwa descending on a chain.

what is your version on the history of his existence?
My own version?

Do you mean I should formulate a lie and tag it "my truth"?

Or how shall I narrate an incident I wasn't present in?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by HornyTave: 8:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

My own version?

Do you mean I should formulate a lie and tag it "my truth"?

Or how shall I narrate an incident I wasn't present in?

you're not present doesn't mean you don't believe a story of his existence. if you are a Christian, were you present during the time of Jesus but you do believe him or if you are a Muslim, were you present during the time of Muhammad but you Believe him.
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2020
HornyTave:

you're not present doesn't mean you don't believe a story of his existence. if you are a Christian, were you present during the time of Jesus but you do believe him or if you are a Muslim, were you present during the time of Muhammad but you Believe him.
Yes. Does that mean I should stories about the prophets that have no basis and I have no evidence for and then claim it as "my version"?
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by HornyTave: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Yes. Does that mean I should stories about the prophets that have no basis and I have no evidence for and then claim it as "my version"?

I still ask to narrate the history of your people
Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 08, 2020
HornyTave:

I still ask to narrate the history of your people
For what purpose?
So you can twist and make bigoted claims?

If you are so interested in the Yoruba culture. You can apply to uni and take the course.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by HornyTave: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

For what purpose?
So you can twist and make bigoted claims?

If you are so interested in the Yoruba culture. You can apply to uni and take the course.

Bigoted claim? that accusation is laughable.

we both know I didn't make up the Lamurdu, son of Nimrod claim, you know some of your tribal folks take that as the original of your patriarch and is the inferiority complex in your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by macof(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2020
The inferiority complex is so disgusting

Africans don't want to be ancestrally connected to Africa
Except it's Egypt
So many people coming up with nonsense about Egyptian, Israel or Arab origin

And this is something that sane Africans must resist and challenge. Its a big blow to our pride and dignity

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. by RamessesIV(m): 5:23am On Sep 07, 2020
A very big inferiority complex bro

Their obssession with the middle east is alarming as if they are not connected to north africa/middle east they don't have culture or identity
macof:
The inferiority complex is so disgusting

Africans don't want to be ancestrally connected to Africa
Except it's Egypt
So many people coming up with nonsense about Egyptian, Israel or Arab origin

And this is something that sane Africans must resist and challenge. Its a big blow to our pride and dignity

(1) (Reply)

Does Killing A Spider Bring Badluck? / A Thread For Same Heritage Nigerians- Ie If Your Parents Are From The Same Tribe / Too Much Money: Man Spends N5million On Drinks In A Lagos Club (see Receipt)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.