Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

"It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om (3561 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Opinion: The Inferiority Complex Of Nigerian Tribes - Yoruba History. / Why Do All Blacks Have This Inferiority Complex In Them On The White Men (2) (3) (4)

"It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by pittoilet(f): 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
Reno Omokri, a former aide to Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Africans, especially Nigerians, to stop bearing European names but should, instead, bear and be proud of their African names.

According to him, “Neither my children nor I have any European names. We all proudly have ONLY African names (Reno is Itsekiri). The attitude Africans ought to have is that neither they nor their children should bear Western or non African names since Europeans and non Africans don’t bear African names. And don’t believe the myth that they will lose opportunities due to African sounding names. America elected a man named Barack Hussein Obama. It does not get more ethnic than that. Streatham in the UK elected a Member of Parliament called Chuka Umunna”.

Reno continued to say, "also don’t be fooled by theories that Westerners will never be able to pronounce African names. Is your name more complicated than Schwarzenegger or Xiaoping? If they could pronounce those names, they can pronounce yours. If they can’t pronounce it, it is because they don’t want to!”

http://looknaija.com/2018/02/sign-inferiority-complex-africans-bear-european-names-reno-omokri/

lalasticlala

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by madridguy(m): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2018
So this man get sense like this?

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Mskrisx(f): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2018
Always spewing crap! angry
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by madridguy(m): 10:34am On Feb 13, 2018
What is crap about this? shocked

Mskrisx:

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by deadkamalu: 11:01am On Feb 13, 2018
spot on,i wonder why africans bear european and american names in this present age of awareness and black liberation.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by papoudaupolos: 11:06am On Feb 13, 2018
You practice European religion, dress European, copy their way of life, speak their language and even live in their land.but taking their name is the problem?

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by ZombieBuster: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2018
When an oshogbo runs girl bears a name like shakira.... Know say water don pass garri cheesy cheesy

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by ZombieBuster: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2018
madridguy:

You get?
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by AfriRenaissance: 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2018
papoudaupolos:
You practice European religion, dress European, copy their way of life, speak their language and even live in their land.but taking their name is the problem?

It starts with the name. Everything else follows

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2018
Partly and partly a symbol of practicality in a globalised world. You don’t get any gold medals for being primitive.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by scholes0(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
Probz:
Partly and partly a symbol of practicality in a globalised world. You don’t get any gold medals for being primitive.

Primitive like Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Haile Sellassie or Lee Kuan Yew?

Which practicality biko?
Somebody living in one Nigerian village bearing Derrick Carter is that practicality or inferiority complex?

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by googi: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2018
Where does this man get money to support himself and his family in a foreign land without any means of income .........

Ah ah, one of them!
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 2:55am On Feb 16, 2018
scholes0:

Primitive like Wole Soyinka, China Achebe, Haile Sellassie or Lee Kuan Yew?

Which practicality biko?
Somebody living in one Nigerian village bearing Derrick Carter is that practicality or inferiority complex?

Mostly Nigerians who live abroad. I did say partly.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by 1shortblackboy: 5:36am On Feb 16, 2018
And anytime people talk about Africans bearing non African names they always refer to European names forgetting all the African Muslims that bear only Arabic names.

Our non non African names is just part of our history and there's no need denying our history. Its like telling an African American that he.should denounce his american citizenship. Its an unnecessary issue

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by 1shortblackboy: 5:37am On Feb 16, 2018
Besides most people just grew up to find themselves bearing r names they bear they had no hand in it
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by rhektor(m): 8:54am On Feb 17, 2018
Reno o' mockery hmmmmmmmmm always wanting to make jest of everything shior
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
madridguy:

Actually on this point, he is probably correct. The lengths at which some Africans will go to avoid giving their kids native names is hilarious. That's why you have ridiculous names like Government and Laughter.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Probz:

Primitive? As in Barack Obama?

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
Mskrisx:

He is actually correct on this one.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
rhektor:
Reno o' mockery hmmmmmmmmm always wanting to make jest of everything shior

But he is right.
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
1shortblackboy:
And anytime people talk about Africans bearing non African names they always refer to European names forgetting all the African Muslims that bear only Arabic names.

Our non non African names is just part of our history and there's no need denying our history. Its like telling an African American that he.should denounce his american citizenship. Its an unnecessary issue

The big difference is that African Americans were forcefully removed from their native land and still with that a lot of them try to retrace there roots and are still proud of their african heritage meanwhile our fellow Nigerians are trying hard to deny or even renounce theirs.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by rhektor(m): 3:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
davidif:

But he is right.

Maybe but I don't think so
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
davidif:

Primitive? As in Barack Obama?

You know damn well what I’m saying.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 21, 2018
Mskrisx:
oh my wat he said make sense die we need to start going back to our root if not we are doom
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 6:34am On Feb 26, 2018
Probz:

You know damn well what I’m saying.

What exactly are you saying? That your culture is primitive? Gosh! see brainwashing at the highest level.
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by davidif: 6:35am On Feb 26, 2018
rhektor:

Maybe but I don't think so

And could you please state your case?
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2018
davidif:

What exactly are you saying? That your culture is primitive? Gosh! see brainwashing at the highest level.

I’m saying that there’s a certain level of adaptation to the lingua franca you need to meet in this day and age. That’s as far as it goes. Pure practicality. You don’t get any gold medals for reasoning like a village grandma. It’s to do with English being the world language whether that’s something you want to hear or not.

Chill innit.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by StarFlux: 5:35am On Mar 02, 2018
Probz:

I’m saying that there’s a certain level of adaptation to the lingua franca you need to meet in this day and age. That’s as far as it goes. Pure practicality. You don’t get any gold medals for reasoning like a village grandma. It’s to do with English being the world language whether that’s something you want to hear or not.

Chill innit.
OK. Abeg, so you see the French or the Germans discarding their culture and language for the sake of English? Rara o. You are inept if you think that is the case. English in Nigeria goes far beyond the scope of "practicality".

English culture and language is seen as the epitome of success in this country sef. Dressing like a westerner, eating, talking and acting like one means one is "civilized" in Nigeria. See the parents who refuse to teach their children their mothertongues, and see the literal adaptation of western-style education in this country. Literally everything here is built upon the british' way of life. If you are a villager, you are a loser. Because you live the traditional way, free of massive wasteful consumption, you are deemed inferior.

Who is really inferior though, the olodo who cannot think for himself and has to bow down to his colonial masters, or the villager who sustains this country through his hard work? The reason this country cannot progress is because of the olodos thinking they are better than their ancestors.

At last I must congratulate the British for successfully breaking the African mind and creating a political elite of white man's slaves who will do anything to speak their language and be like them when we should be more like the villager.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 5:53am On Mar 02, 2018
StarFlux:
OK. Abeg, so you see the French or the Germans discarding their culture and language for the sake of English? Rara o. You are inept if you think that is the case. English in Nigeria goes far beyond the scope of "practicality".

English culture and language is seen as the epitome of success in this country sef. Dressing like a westerner, eating, talking and acting like one means one is "civilized" in Nigeria. See the parents who refuse to teach their children their mothertongues, and see the literal adaptation of western-style education in this country. Literally everything here is built upon the british' way of life. If you are a villager, you are a loser. Because you live the traditional way, free of massive wasteful consumption, you are deemed inferior.

Who is really inferior though, the olodo who cannot think for himself and has to bow down to his colonial masters, or the villager who sustains this country through his hard work? The reason this country cannot progress is because of the olodos thinking they are better than their ancestors.

At last I must congratulate the British for successfully breaking the African mind and creating a political elite of white man's slaves who will do anything to speak their language and be like them when we should be more like the villager.

I’m talking solely about naming and nothing else. Go off on tangents with me and miss my point if you want but I know what I said and meant.

Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by StarFlux: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2018
Probz:

I’m talking solely about naming and nothing else. Go off on tangents with me and miss my point if you want but I know what I said and meant.
The same still applies.

Culturally confident people won't readily adapt foreign names. There is no "practicality" in taking a white man's name; it's all for assimilating oneself into becoming one. Stuff like this only happens in former colonial states, nowhere else. You have clearly become an oyinbo though. Even labeling people as "primitive" based on their names. Lmao, only in Africa.
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Probz(m): 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
StarFlux:
The same still applies.

Culturally confident people won't readily adapt foreign names. There is no "practicality" in taking a white man's name; it's all for assimilating oneself into becoming one. Stuff like this only happens in former colonial states, nowhere else. You have clearly become an oyinbo though. Even labeling people as "primitive" based on their names. Lmao, only in Africa.

LMFAO. LMFAO.

I’m anything but oyinbo. Anything but. I’m as far from unseasoned chicken as I can be. I’ve got paprika, brown sugar and maggi rolled on my honey skin as we speak.
Re: "It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2018

Learn How To Speak And Write Urhobo Language / Yoruba States, Hausa States, Azna States. / Does Nollywood Misrepresent Traditional Religion?