Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway (43205 Views)

Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo) / Turkey Plane Splits Into 3 Parts After Skidding Off Runway, Kills 3, Injures 179 / Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Kaduna State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
J111333:
When plane overshoots runway, it's a disaster already my dear.
How very tragic
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by rerhji(m): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
This year rugged oooo! Twenny twenny cry

Rest to the departed.

***Edited.
J111333, which kind of force will make a plane break into two in a slope? sad

the plane overshoots it's runway....probably coz when he was about to land, he was given a pressure value higher than the pressure at the ground level. Since they used the pressure level to know when they areach the ground level. In this case, he was given a lower height below the runway thus, hitting the ground with full force.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by marshalcarter: 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
sholay2011:
My condolences about your aunt. It is well. *Sighs!*
thanks
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by marshalcarter: 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:
Awww, my sincere condolences.
thanks
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Urch001: 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
Am back guys!
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by youngdabold19: 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
JosephXavier:
2020 is not a leap year and deaths tolls are like this

2020 is actually a leap year
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Kissiemu(m): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
Na wa for 2020
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ishilove:

How very tragic
I haven't got time to read about it but I can tell you that this happens when runways are too short for certain sizes of planes or in bad weather conditions.

Plane can also be faulty and pilot may have calculated speed and height in error. Many pilots rely too much on AP these days and one wrong input can cause a big mess of the whole system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by George2164(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
There is something attached to a leap year..
Is a year to be more conscious of God and always seek His face
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by samwash(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:
I haven't got time to read about it but I can tell you that this happens when runways are too short for certain sizes of planes or in bad weather conditions.

Plane can also be faulty and pilot may have calculated speed and height in error. Many pilots rely too much on AP these days and one wrong input can cause a big mess of the whole system.

One of the mistakes of pilot is trying to land on AP. It's only a lazy pilot that will depend 90% on AP. I don't think AP is design for landing.
90% air crashes are cause by pilots.
Taking off & landing is the most critical time which more crashes occurs.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 08, 2020
samwash:

One of the mistakes of pilot is trying to land on AP. It's only a lazy pilot that will depend 90% on AP. I don't think AP is design for landing.
90% air crashes are cause by pilots.
Taking off & landing is the most critical time which more crashes occurs.
Nay, they dare not do that no matter their laziness.
Landings and takeoffs are done manually by pilots.
You're right that most of them are lazy these days. Often times when there is no turbulence, a pilot may not manually fly plane for up to 5mins in a flight because it's basically 2mins of takeoff before AP is turned on and AP is turned off averagely 2mins before landing so we are looking at less than 5mins here. cheesy

Flying is one of the easiest and safest jobs on earth except ofcourse for military pilots who actually fly the planes.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 1:54am On Aug 08, 2020
rerhji:
the plane overshoots it's runway....probably coz when he was about to land, he was given a pressure value higher than the pressure at the ground level. Since they used the pressure level to know when they areach the ground level. In this case, he was given a lower height below the runway thus, hitting the ground with full force.
Thanks for the explanation. It's clearer now
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:

Auto-pilot? They have to rely on it to make their job easier, not so?
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 2:03am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:
Nay, they dare not do that no matter their laziness.
Landings and takeoffs are done manually by pilots.
You're right that most of them are lazy these days. Often times when there is no turbulence, a pilot may not manually fly plane for up to 5mins in a flight because it's basically 2mins of takeoff before AP is turned on and AP is turned off averagely 2mins before landing so we are looking at less than 5mins here. cheesy

Flying is one of the easiest and safest jobs on earth except ofcourse for military pilots who actually fly the planes.
My dear, no dey talk this kain thing outside. embarassed Piloting work is like driving danfo. Very stressful and dangerous. Accidents are always very fatal 85% of the time.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 08, 2020
Ishilove:

My dear, no dey talk this kain thing outside. embarassed Piloting work is like driving danfo. Very stressful and dangerous. Accidents are always very fatal 85% of the time.
Lol. On the contrary my dear, flying isn't stressful. Do you know what a Danfo driver or we the Keke drivers see everyday on roads. From maneuvering potholes to avoiding bad drivers, not to to talk of police checkpoints and gear selection.
Up there, every pilot is a professional so you don't have to worry about unlicensed drivers hitting you from behind and the sky is big to accommodate everyone unlike our tiny roads.
AP basically does all the maneuvers and fly the planes while pilots drink coffee and chat. grin

2 Likes

Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 2:18am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:
Lol. On the contrary my dear, flying isn't stressful. Do you know what a Danfo driver or we the K0eke drivers see everyday on roads. From maneuvering potholes to avoiding bad drivers, not to to talk of police checkpoints and gear selection.
Up there, every pilot is a professional so you don't have to worry about unlicensed drivers hitting you from behind and the sky is big to accommodate everyone unlike our tiny roads.
AP basically do all the maneuvers and fly the planes while pilot drink coffees and chat. grin
Until something like this happen. My dear if I come as a man in my next life and I am given the option of becoming a pilot in order to make wealth, I will choose the monastery.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 08, 2020
Ishilove:

Until something like this happen. My dear if I come as a man in my next life and I am given the option of becoming a pilot in order to make wealth, I will choose the monastery.
But you're not scared to drive a car abi? Don't you know that a driver is at more risk of having fatal accident than a pilot? cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Ishilove: 2:35am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:
But you're not scared to drive a car abi? Don't you know that a driver is at more risk of having fatal accident than a pilot? cheesy
I will rather take my chances with the earth, thank you very much, although you do have a point. grin

1 Like

Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 08, 2020
All these people saying 2020 this 2020 that abegii. Have you sat down and looked at the other years, just one small virus that hasn't even killed up to 100 million and small small disasters (that happen every year) and you are crying 2020, my only problem with this year is that everywhere is tight apart from that no difference between this year the last, the ones before and the ones to come.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by henryhemon(m): 6:45am On Aug 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences to the Nation and people.
It's being From one Major Disastrous Event to other.
The Birth pangs are too much..
Pls Humble yourself before God and Hold Him Like never before..
Ensure you Live Prepared for Eternity.
There is no More Time!!

Maybe stop using tragedies to win souls for God.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Glaswegian: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2020
rerhji:

From the voiceover in that video, it was a short runway and acknowledged as notoriously dangerous. There were plans by Indian government to expand it.

Always took high level of experience to land in it.

And raining that day, another contributor.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Glaswegian: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2020
J111333:
Lol. On the contrary my dear, flying isn't stressful. Do you know what a Danfo driver or we the K0eke drivers see everyday on roads. From maneuvering potholes to avoiding bad drivers, not to to talk of police checkpoints and gear selection.
AP basically does all the maneuvers and fly the planes while pilots drink coffee and chat. grin

Not all stress is physical. There is mental stress.

Piloting has way more mental input, mental requirement.
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by izzou(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ishilove:

angry
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
marshalcarter:

wish it could be fast forwarded...
already lost an aunt two days ago cry abeg it's enough
me I lost 5 people in 3 weeks.
Gish
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Baawaa:
No matter how,this year will not swallow me and my family IJN
Amen brother.
I thought you're a Muslim from kano
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ishilove:

Thanks. All these runway accidents are usually takeoffs so my mind has kind of become programmed to see 'runway' and automatically think 'takeoff'.
always learn to read and not be rushing to seek for attention.
kid
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
always learn to read and not be rushing to seek for attention.
kid
undecided
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by AkwaIbomMan(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
George2164:
There is something attached to a leap year..
Is a year to be more conscious of God and always seek His face
was 2016 a leap year?
and who told you leap years witness tragedies
Re: Air India Plane Crashes In Kerala After Skidding Off The Runway by Baawaa(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
Amen brother.
I thought you're a Muslim from kano
Jesus is Lord

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Czech Republic Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others Money To Leave Country / Nnewi Auto Accident: 2 Students, 6 Others Die (Graphic Pix & video) / Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.