Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,116 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC (19447 Views)

APC Governors, Tinubu To Meet To Plot Ize-Iyamu’s Victory / INEC Robbed APC, Akpabio Of Victory, Buhari Alleges / Celebration Of Victory: Buhari Supporters Cause Traffic On Abuja - Keffi Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by nzube89(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2020
15ssDRIVE:

Icheeee Sir,
It’s not gonna be easy for Wike, Edo is not Rivers ooooooooooooo.

Federal no be small thing oh !
wike no get single power .he won is because APC did not contest . immediately after 2015 election two Senate seat was nullified by election tribunal .there were rerun APC won the two

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by bhella10: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2020
Na so my GMB. No story. grin Edo is APC, I repeat Edo na APC.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by wink2015(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2020
cool

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by leykelvin: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2020
Mr President if you are from Edo State, you will know that the Flag bearer of your Party Ize Iyamu is a loser already. What wonders me though is your support for him to candidate for a public office knowing his previous criminal records. Ask about him from EFCC. They will tell you, he is a criminal and that he is having a case against him at the court regarding 700 Million Naira he misapropriated. Play back Oshiomhole Campaign Video 2016, you will understand better. Mr. President why support such a person to handel the affairs of Edo State? It is either you are yielding unnecessarily to the pressures from Oshiomhole, Tinubu & Co. or you don´t care about Edo People. A Thief and Criminal should never be supported to hold public office. You disappointed many Edo People to have given your support to Ize Iyamu. The do or die affair of your Party to win Edo State and give it to a Thief to handel, is even making us the Edo People to love Obaseki more. Himself and his deputy have showned, that they are reliable persons. Your are the sitting President, ask about Obaseki, you will hear how lovely he has performed within 4 years. The Buhari i know appreciate such persons. But why supporting a Thief according to Oshiomhole to replace a good governor? Help us though Mr. President to ensure free, fair and peaceful Election in Edo State. Please ensure, that Oshiomhole &. co. do not use the Police, Military, Agberu and violence to bring unrest and intimidate innocent Voters. If this is ensured be very sure that the Edo People know very well the right person to vote for. Oshiomhole will get his final defeat in Edo State. He is already a roasted chicken at the federal level. Thank you so much for plucking his wings.
We want improvement in Edo State and we trust Obaseki and his deputy for the job. God bless Edo State

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Burgerlomo: 11:25am On Aug 08, 2020
mathkid:
Okay okay

I am dedicating this position to those who are in need, I pray Almighty God grant your desires.

Amen cool

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by UDUJ(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2020
SmartyPants:
One thing I can't understand....why does Edo seem to be so important in the grand political scheme?

It's a relatively small state, and only minor in terms of oil, no port...

But the battle has drawn the high and mighty info the arena...

What am I missing?

Politics is a game of numbers and every state matters to any political party.

For the ruling APC, the more states they have to govern, the more power they enjoy.

Before Obaseki resigned from the APC in June this year, they were controlling 21 states while the opposition PDP had 15 states. With Obaseki now being a PDP member the PDP party now controls 16 states at least till September 19.

Another major reason is that Edo state was the only South-South state that APC won after the 2019 governorship elections in Nigeria.

The APC party strongly believes that as long as they hold Edo state they can penetrate and get the other south-south states. Since 2016 APC, apart from Edo state has not been able to get any other south-south state and in order to show that they are a national party with spread across all the geographical zones they have to ensure they win Edo state by all means, to help them enter the other oil rich states.

If APC fails to win the Edo state governorship election on September 19 that will mean the party has no single power and influence in the oil rich Niger Delta region.

Another reason why this is seen as a do or die is the power struggle between the former APC national chairman Adams Oshiomole and the Governor Godwin Obaseki.

For Oshiomole winning the governorship election for APC will be a big statement for him and it will enable him stamp his authority back as already people are blaming him for the state about to fall into the hands of the PDP party.

Also the governor decamping to a rival party has many people angry as they feel the governor has carried the mandate to another party and they will want it back.

The political turmoil in Edo state is even affecting the National APC body as well.

And in my own personal opinion I see this coming Edo state election as a possible look into how the year 2023 national presidential and legislative elections will be. Both parties are using this Edo state election as a litmus test. That's why they are taking it as a do or die affair.

I took particular interest in this election because it is my home state (though I have been away for so many years) and it saddens me to see the anarchy going on.

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by mankan2k7(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2020
Only voters suppose decide, but in Naija, d dullard can make anybody wins any elections by using the inec and his puppet military and police
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Amdoyin(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2020
Kubernetes:
Only the voters will decide
abi decider. Sit down there. You think its only by votes... Wake up from slumber, it goes beyond that in Nigeria politics.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by integrity16(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2020
Well, I pity those who will sacrifice their lives for this election because recent developments in edo state has shown that the will of the people will not prevail.

It is now left for the best rigger to carry the day.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by SaintLucia: 11:44am On Aug 08, 2020
Abuja12345:
Unu amaro ka PDP siri kwado... Wike is waiting for you people
Thank God there's no CP Mbu and First lady in Edo to carry out Wike who has never won a free and fair election plan grin

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by fredoooooo: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2020
Wa gbayi Baba to ja ...
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by GreatGod2020(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Looking for a nice and comfortable hotel to pass a night or rest and also to enjoy your honey moon, click on the link below for your reservation across the country
https://nitestay.com/cna-GreatGod

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by michoim(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2020
Nice one
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Bizibi(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Obaseki should go and pack his sand and gravel back, and return Edo assembly roof

Because Edo no be Abia State

and you believed it.....the same buhari that didn't fight for oshiomole. Politics sha
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Advocate500: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
When u think Mr incompetent will understand that power belong to the people not party. What happened to the right of edo people to decide who will lead?
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by SmartyPants(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

Politics is a game of numbers and every state matters to any political party.

For the ruling APC, the more states they have to govern, the more power they enjoy.

Before Obaseki resigned from the APC in June this year, they were controlling 21 states while the opposition PDP had 15 states. With Obaseki now being a PDP member the PDP party now controls 16 states at least till September 19.

Another major reason is that Edo state was the only South-South state that APC won after the 2019 governorship elections in Nigeria.

The APC party strongly believes that as long as they hold Edo state they can penetrate and get the other south-south states. Since 2016 APC, apart from Edo state has not been able to get any other south-south state and in order to show that they are a national party with spread across all the geographical zones they have to ensure they win Edo state by all means, to help them enter the other oil rich states.

If APC fails to win the Edo state governorship election on September 19 that will mean the party has no single power and influence in the oil rich Niger Delta region.

Another reason why this is seen as a do or die is the power struggle between the former APC national chairman Adams Oshiomole and the Governor Godwin Obaseki.

For Oshiomole winning the governorship election for APC will be a big statement for him and it will enable him stamp his authority back as already people are blaming him for the state about to fall into the hands of the PDP party.

Also the governor decamping to a rival party has many people angry as they feel the governor has carried the mandate to another party and they will want it back.

The political turmoil in Edo state is even affecting the National APC body as well.

And in my own personal opinion I see this coming Edo state election as a possible look into how the year 2023 national presidential and legislative elections will be. Both parties are using this Edo state election as a litmus test. That's why they are taking it as a do or die affair.

I took particular interest in this election because it is my home state (though I have been away for so many years) and it saddens me to see the anarchy going on.

Brilliant, thank you sir.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by MisterGrace: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lies
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by loveday289(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
war for war,rig for rig....las las apc go lose dat election
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by orisa37: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
My Privileged Fraudster.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Baawaa(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
akinbode1:
Like for obaseki
Share for Ize-Iyamu
Obaseki and PDP are loser,
Never again PDP in this nation
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by backbone503(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
crazygod:
If a president can say this without thinking of the will of the people, then this country has really gone. Very sad

He urged his party men to deploy all lawful means to win. As the leader of the party, thats exactly what he should do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by AMvanquish: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Andrew13:
Lol
Sai madman
He urged party leaders at the national and state levels to follow the electoral process in an open and transparent manner, adding, “What I want is a transparent process so that the confidence of the people will be strengthened.”

When I saw the bolded I just laugh, transparent manner indeed cheesy grin
We know the election is going to be heavily rigged. cheesy las las na who rig pass na go win

I laff too, Kano people can relate.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Samnavy: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
This man want to spoil this country before he Leave that sit
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by alen4smith(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
crazygod:
If a president can say this without thinking of the will of the people, then this country has really gone. Very sad
did you read the news at all?
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by MetaPhysical: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Tell Buhari Edo no be Aso Rock. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by Nchenches: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Obaseki should go and pack his sand and gravel back, and return Edo assembly roof

Because Edo no be Abia State

In other words, Edo is a predominantly Moslem state.

Abia state is about 99% non Moslem.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by empete2k5(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
I think mr president made a mistake with that statement. It suppose to be, ensure massive rigging during Edo state election.
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by basybasy: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
mannobi:
Obaseki is a novice in political matters. How would you clamp down on pdp for three years and in a month you joined and expect everyone to do your bidding just like that. He can only settle the tax collectors and not the real pdp voters.
Yeye Obaseki
Re: Ensure Ize-Iyamu’s Victory - Buhari Tells APC by ayenale1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
All your sins are forgiven once you join APC...which church the man dey pastor self??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose: I Respect Seyi Makinde As A Governor But I Am His Father Politically / Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown / Despite Cash Crunch, Nigeria Donates Vehicles To Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.